Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JK Racing
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by JK Racing »

I saw wide front arms in black on the list...not many other dark bits though.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

The wide front arms (as well as front towers, black bose tubes, etc) were never discontinued. I wonder if they may swap to white at some point (fingers crossed!)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

rit1-blackdye2.jpg
rit1-blackdye2.jpg (20.95 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
rit1-blackdye2.jpg
rit1-blackdye2.jpg (20.95 KiB) Viewed 1103 times

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

knixdad wrote:That's bizarre, I've never had Tower force a quantity on me.

I wonder if that was just a random reason they gave you for no other reason than that was what popped into their head.
i was kinda peeved tower came back saying i could only get 2 units... maybe its divine intervention, i have quite a few boxes already with rc10s in them...

the initial rush has passed, im not gonna cancel my tower order, but i do see the 2 new kits that i got coming being added to the pile of rc10 crap ive been hoarding.

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

clm wrote:I'm just going to be happy being able to crack the seal on a minty new kit for less then a grand and get my rusty-kit-building-paws on a kit containing all the bits to build it instead of buying a part here a part there a few parts refurbishing a few parts over here. Yeah it is a re release, but it is still more satisfying then trying to piece together one.

You can complain about your parts being devalued.. but that is only an issue if you are in the hobby to make money... and there are better things to invest in then toy cars :)

After all... if prices go down... you can buy MORE vintage stuff then you can before! That should appeal to everyone's hoarder inside them ;)

If you could show me where to find a sealed Edinger or Cadillac for $220 I might consider passing on the re release *shrug*

Chris

I agree. I've seriously contemplated a used original vs a re-re ever since I got news of the re-release coming out several months ago and was considering cancelling my order for a re-re even after I pre-ordered it. I have watched numerous used-but-in-good-shape original RC10's on Ebay all summer sell for less than the re-re so that would be the better deal in order to save $$ on a vintage car I want to run. However, that devoids me the opportunity to crack open a NIB kit and build/run a brand new one without paying many times more for an original NIB that I'd never have the courage or stupidity to even build let alone run. So, in a word, thank you AE for re-releasing the gold pan!

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Well a used original in comparable condition to an assembled re-re will still cost more and be worth more then the re-re.. And you will happily take a re-re out and put your own first scratch in it... It will be the difference between having a heart attack and being proud of the scratch :)

Chris
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

oldschoolrcer

Post by oldschoolrcer »

Dear Tower Hobbies Customer,

Your Tower Hobbies account demonstrated a back order quantity of more than 2 of the Associated RC 10 Classic Kits; ASCD6001 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDPNE&P=ML

Due to overwhelming demand we will be limiting the quantity to no more than 2 per customer. We have already adjusted your back order quantity to reflect just 2. We regret any disappointment this may cause.

As always, we thank you for your business.

Tower Hobbies Customer Service
[/quote]

Interesting - currently i can pre-order from at least 3 UK retailers with allocation available.

How are they going to stop buying kits at different retailers ?[/quote]
That's not how it works; they limit you to two kits per order, but they may or may not stop you from ordering multiple times with the same account. You can always order from different places.[/quote]

I got the email yesterday. I had ordered two the day it was announced, then another a week later. They took the one on my second order and zeroed it out, so yes they are limiting you to two per account. If you want more than that you're left with no choice but to order from a different source, and hope they have some left.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

so two is the sweet spot - and yes, they are indeed walking the talk and "limiting" it (otherwise why the heck would they bother with cutting anything above 2/ppl?)

Nice! Sorry for the people who wanted more than 2... I have 2 on BO :) No such email from TH yet, though... hopefully not a bad sign :(

Cheers
Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

knixdad
Approved Member

Post by knixdad »

Lonestar wrote:so two is the sweet spot - and yes, they are indeed walking the talk and "limiting" it (otherwise why the heck would they bother with cutting anything above 2/ppl?)

Nice! Sorry for the people who wanted more than 2... I have 2 on BO :) No such email from TH yet, though... hopefully not a bad sign :(

Cheers
Paul
Or they are trying to limit the eBay resale market or something. Especially if it is limited in some way. Then again, they may just be doing thing arbitrarily.
I miss brushed motors in that hazy, everything seemed better when I was a kid, kind of way.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

knixdad wrote:Or they are trying to limit the eBay resale market or something. Especially if it is limited in some way. .
exactly... they're deploying some efforts to limit it, which I think is only fair for the people who were willing to PO one... or two :mrgreen:

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Papower

Post by Papower »

I found this scrolling through the net. Not sure if it has been posted yet.
Attachments
worlds.png

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Papower wrote:I found this scrolling through the net. Not sure if it has been posted yet.
That's a screenshot from the Android RC10 classic app. Below that there's the same info on the B2 and B3 and I doubt they would be rereleasing those. The $337 price on there is from 1994 as well.

If someone is suggesting they are rereleasing the Worlds car based on that image, you would have bigger evidence based on Associated listing the black chassis parts on their website, although why they would list black chassis parts now if they were planning on rereleasing a Team car kit in the future does not make sense.

TheSpeedway
Approved Member

Post by TheSpeedway »

I have purchased 8 RC10s total this year for a grand total of $490. These are being used as the raw material to build 5 short arm cars total to race.
(1 for a friend)

After disassembly, cleaning/inspecting and grading all the parts I will still be short items to complete these cars. I have also traded or purchased parts from folks on this site to acquire items needed to complete the builds.

I recently was very happy to place a couple of orders for new parts from the reissue of the RC10 to move these projects further along. Based on all of this I can’t understand the concerns with the price of this reissue. When these 5 cars are ready to go It will have taken more money and considerably more time to build these cars than to purchase the Reissue that I have coming.

My Edinger in late 84 cost around $110. No bearings, Body or anything.. this was the most basic kit. The kit with the motor, speed control, Body etc was in the vicinity of $250. At that time we were all shocked at the pricing as the cars we were currently racing were comprised of aftermarket and personally fabricated parts.

The latter required fabrication skills, resources (Tools) and time. We estimated that we had over $1000 invested to get our cars to the current form that they were in. This new RC10 thing was going to make all of our equipment obsolete as well as make it easy for everyone to have a competitive car with parts that were available to purchase. I’m happy this reissue came along when it did.

I will save money and time.

Wandy
Approved Member

Post by Wandy »

The wait for these kits to come out is driving me nuts now. I have had $600, set aside for two kits, burning a hole in my pocket for two months just itching to be spent and with a whole host of other lovely RCs on my wishlist I'm finding it increasingly difficult not to dip into it. :x

It feels like the wait has been forever now. :roll:

knixdad
Approved Member

Post by knixdad »

Wandy wrote:The wait for these kits to come out is driving me nuts now. I have had $600, set aside for two kits, burning a hole in my pocket for two months just itching to be spent and with a whole host of other lovely RCs on my wishlist I'm finding it increasingly difficult not to dip into it. :x

It feels like the wait has been forever now. :roll:
That's why I always have a good stack of projects waiting. Even though it will go to the top of the pile when it comes in, I have plenty to distract me for now ;)

Of course the wife doesn't understand the method to my madness...they aren't laying around, they are aging to perfection.
I miss brushed motors in that hazy, everything seemed better when I was a kid, kind of way.