Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JK Racing
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by JK Racing »

Ryan, order direct for AE or have Pegasus order for you.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Yep, got that too

Weird!
Attachments
image.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

:? ...Sorry guys, I've held it in for too long, but I hate this thing. It's just a reproduction, and nothing more, I was on order for one of these "rc10" things, but I find myself not wanting it any more, I am interested in builds member can create with the parts now available, But its just re-pops, maybe its just me.. but I want the vintage!!!..Let the back lash begin :roll:

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Your just stirring the pot, you know you need a Commercentre to complete your collection :mrgreen:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

gomachv wrote:Your just stirring the pot, you know you need a Commercentre to complete your collection :mrgreen:
Dime a dozen Jeff, I think the "real" money is at a true graphite stealth :wink:

atarit3
Approved Member

Post by atarit3 »

My reproduction parts just got billed and are getting ready to leave for shipment!

it's gonna be cool to take my racer to the track and not have to worry about rear a-arm mounts!

I really don't think these reproduction cars should be shelf queens. hit the track!!! like a replica kit cobra, don't feel too bad if it gets folded up in the corner if things go south! these cars are meant to have fun with!!! build and have fun!!
"To finish first, you must first finish"- Rick Mears
http://www.facebook.com/YumaRCRaceway
http://www.facebook.com/groups/rceofyuma

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

marlo wrote::? ...Sorry guys, I've held it in for too long, but I hate this thing. It's just a reproduction, and nothing more, I was on order for one of these "rc10" things, but I find myself not wanting it any more, I am interested in builds member can create with the parts now available, But its just re-pops, maybe its just me.. but I want the vintage!!!..Let the back lash begin :roll:
What an odd reaction. When the re-release is done with the full cooperation of the original team at associated that launched the rc10, why would you hate it? You may not ultimately buy one but I'm disappointed at this response coming from you Marlo. :?

knixdad
Approved Member

Post by knixdad »

I see the car as a no holds barred runner. It's getting to the point where running some of our older cars is more of cruising around slowly and not letting the wheels leave the ground.

I love vintage stuff, I really do. But when I am afraid to run a car at all anymore because I am out of original bulkheads or a belt is starting to fray, it makes me kind of sad to put it on the shelf permanently.

Like I said, I see it as a car you can run and not feel bad about scraping the bottom or hitting a pipe. Go ahead and throw in a Mamba Monster with some insane Neu Motor and run it on 3S. Launch it off a skate ramp like we all used to do.

I may be alone in thinking this way, but it's what I am going to do with mine. I plan on bending pans and landing upside down.
I miss brushed motors in that hazy, everything seemed better when I was a kid, kind of way.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

I'm sorry guys, it will be a great car for sure, I just wanted to voice my thoughts on it. I guess my main problem is some of those parts look way too close as the originals, not all, but a few do. Who am I kidding, I will be getting one, more for the fact that I want to see all the parts, (for reference). Don't hate me to much, that was just my 2 cents. I use this logic on everything I do, even when I was restoring my 65 mustang, all the pot metal parts were toast, I could have bought repo parts, that would have looked just fine, but instead I had every part re-plated at X10 times the cost.

knixdad
Approved Member

Post by knixdad »

marlo wrote:I'm sorry guys, it will be a great car for sure, I just wanted to voice my thoughts on it. I guess my main problem is some of those parts look way too close as the originals, not all, but a few do. Who am I kidding, I will be getting one, more for the fact that I want to see all the parts, (for reference). Don't hate me to much, that was just my 2 cents. I use this logic on everything I do, even when I was restoring my 65 mustang, all the pot metal parts were toast, I could have bought repo parts, that would have looked just fine, but instead I had every part re-plated at X10 times the cost.
I totally understand and I feel the same way about the parts and whatnot. From what I have seen so far there are clues on each part that separates re-re from originals. Be it the L&R markings, absence of stamps on other parts or just being slightly different.

It will make part identification more tricky but I think in the end it will end up like the Tamiya re-re's. There are differences, you can pick them out once you know them and in some cases the parts don't even match up at all. And for some things it's a welcome relief. Like buying Tamiya Fox rear arms, it was just like throwing money away since they were so fragile. So even though I have a set they never go on the car because I have solid machined delrin ones. But for other people, they can finally put rear arms back on their old buggies and run them. And not freak out if they break them.
I miss brushed motors in that hazy, everything seemed better when I was a kid, kind of way.

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

I can see where Marlo is coming from. But one thing that will separate the new and old NIP parts will be the header cards. And even if the new parts are being passed off as originals out-of-package, they still shouldn't be worth as much since they're not NIP.

I pre-ordered a re-re months ago simply to have one to keep sealed, at least for now or until I can possibly get another one. I love the RC10, but I'll admit I'm not a real fan of the box art theme because it's been done to death. These cars were made to be modified and individualized in some way, so that's how I've done and will continue to do all of my builds. :wink:

I just placed a big order from Tower with nothing but white parts so I can finally finish some of my projects. Some of you guys might not mind paying $20 for rear arm mounts or $25 for front arms just because they come with an old header card, but I'm not one of those people and welcome the cheap white parts. :mrgreen:

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Your right about the price, and thanks for the support, I probably should have went about it in a different way, instead of dropping a bomb. But some people are capable of putting re-re parts in an old header card, and selling it for $30. When you realize you were sold "new" parts, how would I explain this to E-bay, because if its an original, or re-re, they are still both new parts, and customer support might not get it.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Boxart. :roll:

As cool as I think the decal sheet is that will come in the kit, if I never see another person do their car like the boxart it'll be too soon. No matter what you do, besides hand making a bunch of parts, you will never have a boxart car. So don't try. Please. Pretty please.... with sugar on top, just leave the decals in the friggin box.

:mrgreen:

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

scr8p wrote:Boxart. :roll:

As cool as I think the decal sheet is that will come in the kit, if I never see another person do their car like the boxart it'll be too soon. No matter what you do, besides hand making a bunch of parts, you will never have a boxart car. So don't try. Please. Pretty please.... with sugar on top, just leave the decals in the friggin box.

I'm confused- how do you REALLY feel? :lol:
Factory Works website

bxlt
Approved Member

Post by bxlt »

scr8p wrote:Boxart. :roll:

You know what is funny is all the people on here that hate on RTR cars because you have no choice to paint the body but when you buy a RTR car you are getting that box art car! :lol:

One thing I love is buying used cars because of the paint jobs people did, some better than others, but there is a lot of creativity out there.

I have been kicking it around about how to paint my re-re and while I was thinking box art I really want to do something more period, so I've been combing through the old RCCA issues looking for something!