Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ca-rj
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by ca-rj »

I just picked up a mint Novak 410M5 for $30 and am going to pair it with a brand new Trinity P2K Pro.
rctenracer wrote:Anyone care to share what esc /motor combo you plan on running with the six gear. I went club spec novack. And 18 on pinion gaer .
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

bamaengineer

Do you think after the re-release demand will change?

Post by bamaengineer »

Do you think after the re-release, demand will change for the original RC10?

Will demand for the originals go up or down?
Availability for parts go up or down?
Prices go up or down?
Will people try to sell reproduction parts as originals?

I"m hoping the re-release doesn't muddy up this classic car for the purists of the hobby!

Percymon
Approved Member

Re: Do you think after the re-release demand will change?

Post by Percymon »

bamaengineer wrote:For the original RC10?

Will demand for the originals go up or down?
Availability for parts go up or down?
Prices go up or down?
Will people try to sell reproduction parts as originals?

I"m hoping the re-release doesn't muddy up this classic car for the purists of the hobby!

ebay sellers will undoubtedly sell spares against a generic RC10 / RC10 gold pan description to create as big an audience as possible. Many RC10 owners won't be too bothered about the odd tool mark difference on nylon parts, if it means they can keep their runenrs running at low cost.

Only those who want an authentic, true original, need worry about the authenticity of any items for sale

Percymon
Approved Member

Post by Percymon »

ACE hobbies apparently have confirmed they expect their shipment in 2-3 weeks ( info taken from another forum)

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

WebSteve wrote:
littleVETTE wrote:you did excellent work on the manual and pictures steve. the manual is nearly identical to building your rc10 like the original manual. very nice.

how about making a huge poster of the box art rc10? would look killer on anyone's wall steve! that would be the cherry on top.
I did not do the work in the manual. I stopped making manuals after the B3/T3/GT. :)

As for a poster, come on over and head on to this link, download the picture you'd like, and head on over to Costco or Staples and order a print of your size:

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/RC10_Classic/RC10_Classic_Kit/pictures_videos/
Any help on paint used for the original rc10 ? Pactra orange backed up with black ?

bxlt
Approved Member

Post by bxlt »

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that the release date keeps getting pushed back. I got my first RC10 on August 14th 1988 (my birthday) was hopping to feel like a kid again this summer as getting older lately is starting to suck! :)

Oh well maybe at this rate it will be a Christmas present :lol:

TheSpeedway
Approved Member

Running, Racing or Collecting the Re-release

Post by TheSpeedway »

I was talking to a friend of mine and he asked me if I was going to park the new re-release on a shelf as a collectable when I get it.

I told him no, and then thought about that response. I already have an Edinger with only 2 charges ran through it that fits the shelf Queen category.

In January I drafted a set of rules for an invitational series for a select group of friends that moved to these cars when they were new. We started buying up cars to refurbish and race. Many of us are involved in 1-1 motorsports so this has slowed the progress some but we are still moving forward. When I received the re-re email, I immediately placed my order seeing this as an opportunity to add another racer to the stable that I am not chasing an item to complete. The fact that Associated will be selling parts is even better yet as it will make it much easier to race these cars and maintain them properly.

So what are your plans?

1) Run
2) Race
3) Collect

Mark

GoMachV

Re: Running, Racing or Collecting the Re-release

Post by GoMachV »

I have two (three if they don't cut the orders) coming, and plan to build one and keep one. The built one will get run but likely with a lexan undertray and basher tires.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Buy one used on epay next year and run the stink out of it.

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

I am hoping to get 2, one to build and run and one to shelf in the box although that depends on how oversold tower is. If it doesn't pan out then I will just have to stick to my pile of worn out Losi's :)

I would try running one on a track... but there are no tracks reasonably close to me >.<

Chris
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

I ordered two. One to run (at home, track, park, desert, ect) and one to keep in a box for a long while and then hopefully resell.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

Wouldn't it be cool if Associated sponsored a vintage race using the re-released RC10, and the winning driver's from back in the 80's to participate. It could be similar to the Senior Tennis Tour events (Macenroe, Borg, Lendl and Connors). Maybe allow modern electronics just to make it interesting:)

- Limestang

TheSpeedway
Approved Member

Post by TheSpeedway »

Wow. I guess I am one of the few who put an order in for only 1 kit. I am really looking forward to the parts availabilty and hopefully some tires to fit the original sized wheels. While waiting I am still hunting cars locally to outfit friends that will race with us.

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

limestang wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if Associated sponsored a vintage race using the re-released RC10, and the winning driver's from back in the 80's to participate. It could be similar to the Senior Tennis Tour events (Macenroe, Borg, Lendl and Connors). Maybe allow modern electronics just to make it interesting:)

- Limestang

Now that would be awesome! I should ask my local track to get on that.

I plan on running mine.

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

TheSpeedway wrote:Wow. I guess I am one of the few who put an order in for only 1 kit. I am really looking forward to the parts availabilty and hopefully some tires to fit the original sized wheels. While waiting I am still hunting cars locally to outfit friends that will race with us.

I'm another. Only ordered one and planning to run it .