2009 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS OFFICIAL THREAD• SEPT 18-20TH

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

civilguy
Approved Member

Re: 2009 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS OFFICIAL THREAD• SEPT 18-20TH

Post by civilguy »

That'll do the trick. Congrats on your 1st personal transponder. :D
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

civilguy wrote:That'll do the trick. Congrats on your 1st personal transponder. :D
they sure aint cheap... but not having the hassle of dealing with the handout ones sure will be awesome.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I paid about $90 each for mine a couple years ago brand new. The clones (MRT I think) are a little cheaper. Like you said though, they are not cheap but the convenience is great. And no unsightly body modifications. :lol:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

If you race on a regular basis, you'll wonder why you didn't get one much sooner (cost aside).

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

100% definite now-- Motel 6 reservation made for Saturday. I am a little under 3 hours away, so I should be there by 9am Saturday. I have too much work to leave on Friday... plus I will probably be up half the night getting buggys ready anyway. :shock:

Looking forward to this!
Jeff

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

4 more weeks.
I just went through a few boxes of stuff and put together a bin of extra aftermarket parts for sale/trade.
everyone else getting ready?

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Definitely Ready... :mrgreen:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I have to start..... I ran my Rad2 at the local track and it really went well. Bill hooked me up with some spares and I need to order some eBay goodies for the tranny just in case. I may make some mods to run a lipo in it too.
For 4wd last year's Hotshot is completely in bits, but I think I'm going to swap some parts out of my shelfer (original dogbones, monoshocks) and run that baby!
Classic class will be a last minute throw together, although my son has volunteered his Lightning McQueen buggy.... as long as someone gets a picture of it in action! :lol:
Jeff

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

I raced my '91 RC10 at the track Friday, and it's pretty well hooked up. It will be weird not having to complete any builds on the Friday before the big weekend!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Brandon G wrote:I raced my '91 RC10 at the track Friday, and it's pretty well hooked up. It will be weird not having to complete any builds on the Friday before the big weekend!
I've been racing the XX at RCHR for two weeks also, I'm pretty happy with how it's performing, the only one I need to finish up is the 10T, but I don't want to dismantle my T4 just yet.... :roll:

Still, JConcepts double dees in green, Proline Holeshots M3 compound, and Goosebumps are the tires that are hooking up real good at the track. If you still have them, Inside Jobs is also a good tire.

Fronts, right now I'm using Double dees on my truck, or Proline Edge

and Jconcepts groovies, rounders, in green compound for 2wd buggies work really good still at the track... :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

reign79
Approved Member

Post by reign79 »

Just know starting to freak out i knew last year i was going with no car but sense i havent raced in 16 years i think im going to put a last ditch effort car together and give it the old college try. I have three options a 10t a tq10 with a A&L tranny or a plain rc10ce i will hopefully have an update on the vonat rigs post soon :roll:
Ryan

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

reign79 wrote:Just know starting to freak out i knew last year i was going with no car but sense i havent raced in 16 years i think im going to put a last ditch effort car together and give it the old college try. I have three options a 10t a tq10 with a A&L tranny or a plain rc10ce i will hopefully have an update on the vonat rigs post soon :roll:
Don't worry, you're not the only one, but we'll help you through it, and bring you up to speed... :D

reign79
Approved Member

Post by reign79 »

Allright its on i put together a rc10 with some spare stuff and a newer battery i got in alot of stuff. Its a nimh 4200ma and wow the last thing i ran had 1200ma batteries and this thing ripped so i guess i will be a racin. The words of encouragement from tecnica2001 8) really helped me im a littlee gun shy to say the least. I did a run put togeather quick and im going to tear it down and make it nice nice on the rigs thread.
Ryan