RCL Incident Pro

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Ayk Viper
Approved Member

Re: RCL Incident Pro

Post by Ayk Viper »

RCL didn't drop dead after 2 cars...they made 3 genuine Incident attempts and then a cheapie and then another even cheaper one (5 all told), so it was more like a sad demise as they released cheaper products on the way down/out.

I've read one source that says they morphed into Phoenix Incorporated making touring car aftermarket parts when the market shifted away from buggies.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Ayk Viper wrote:RCL didn't drop dead after 2 cars...they made 3 genuine Incident attempts and then a cheapie and then another even cheaper one (5 all told), so it was more like a sad demise as they released cheaper products on the way down/out.

I've read one source that says they morphed into Phoenix Incorporated making touring car aftermarket parts when the market shifted away from buggies.
Very interesting,

What were the names of the two cheapies done afterwards - were they "toy grade"or were they hobby grade.

What was the third version of the incident other than the original and the Pro? They made running changes to both productions of the standard and the pro - as evidenced by the transluscent white and solid white/cream parts....what was different about this "third" Incident would love to see it or at leat know what was different about it!

**EDIT** Unless the third is the "limited" kit you refer to in the other post? I think I have one of them - but if there are any differences - they must be very minor indeed.

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

just saw this link in your hotshot post.. i didnt want to hijack the tamiya post but i had to say great job on this car ... i dont remember this car but its very cool 8)

tiger1
Approved Member

Post by tiger1 »

Thank you for being so kind to me :mrgreen:

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

very cool. i love seeing all these "odball" 4wd's.

the body is sick, i love it!