Punky Brewster goes R/C

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mrlexan
Approved Member

Re: Punky Brewster goes R/C

Post by mrlexan »

I can remember coming home from somewhere and my mom telling me I missed an RC car on TV. I never saw the episode until today...... must be like 20+ years later from when it originally aired.

Anyone notice "You'll shoot your eye out kid!"?
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

I thought he looked familiar.

jasen
Approved Member

Post by jasen »

i can remember that episode i had a frog at the time there were 6 other tamiya in our street . gave me some bragging rights to own the car that came out on top

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

Mr. ED wrote:
Minicooper 35 wrote:It is a Tamiya Frog with CRP (?) two dampfer front setup.

http://tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp?t=n&id=img34_31072002190109_5.jpg Image courtesy of Shodog's Tamiyaclub showroom. :wink:
which means that someone in that show knew the stuff and they didn't just collect some cars from a hobbyshop?
Or maybe that track really existed and these were the members rides?
the plot thickens... well it did from the moment I found out it wasn't about punk and beer (both good)

By the way I just realised and returned to this thread to share this with you guys: did you know "punky brewster' now goes by the name of 'RC Chick' ?

LOL. I remember watching that show on tv too and even remember watching that episode. I wanted one so bad but like the guy at the track my dad wouldn't allow me to get one. It wasn't till years later when I saved up for one and my mom took me to get it. Boy was my dad pissed.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

RC Chick wrote:
Mr. ED wrote: By the way I just realised and returned to this thread to share this with you guys: did you know "punky brewster' now goes by the name of 'RC Chick' ?

LOL. I remember watching that show on tv too and even remember watching that episode. I wanted one so bad but like the guy at the track my dad wouldn't allow me to get one. It wasn't till years later when I saved up for one and my mom took me to get it. Boy was my dad pissed.
You know your picture should go in the "who the heck are you ?" thread right?
Having other people post up pics of you in other threads doesn't count ;)

My wife's so different: when I want to hand her the car she threatens to crash it. even I insist further she just refuses. I guess that's better than her really crashing it :lol:

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Mr. ED wrote:
RC Chick wrote:
Mr. ED wrote: By the way I just realised and returned to this thread to share this with you guys: did you know "punky brewster' now goes by the name of 'RC Chick' ?

My wife's so different: when I want to hand her the car she threatens to crash it. even I insist further she just refuses. I guess that's better than her really crashing it :lol:
Wow!! My Wife doesnt "care" for my RC Addiction, and doesnt like how much money I have tied up in it, but she would never Threaten to do them HARM. I think its because she knows it helps keep me from ....uh, "bothering" her as much as I would if I DIDNT have this addiction. :twisted: :twisted:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

MONSTER wrote:My wife's so different: when I want to hand her the car she threatens to crash it. even I insist further she just refuses. I guess that's better than her really crashing it :lol:
Wow!! My Wife doesnt "care" for my RC Addiction, and doesnt like how much money I have tied up in it, but she would never Threaten to do them HARM. I think its because she knows it helps keep me from ....uh, "bothering" her as much as I would if I DIDNT have this addiction. :twisted: :twisted:[/quote]

The ladies in my life are the ones that buy me all my stuff! :shock: They not only support it, they encourage it! :shock: :shock: One of them won't touch them, the other enjoys running them with me, but doesn't wrench. Now all I need to do is find a girl who wants to wrench and I'll be set! :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Halgar wrote:
MONSTER wrote:My wife's so different: when I want to hand her the car she threatens to crash it. even I insist further she just refuses. I guess that's better than her really crashing it :lol:
Wow!! My Wife doesnt "care" for my RC Addiction, and doesnt like how much money I have tied up in it, but she would never Threaten to do them HARM. I think its because she knows it helps keep me from ....uh, "bothering" her as much as I would if I DIDNT have this addiction. :twisted: :twisted:
Halgar wrote:The ladies in my life are the ones that buy me all my stuff! :shock: They not only support it, they encourage it! :shock: :shock: One of them won't touch them, the other enjoys running them with me, but doesn't wrench. Now all I need to do is find a girl who wants to wrench and I'll be set! :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Well, the quotes are a little askew, but there was NO NEED in adding that "salt to our wounds"!!! :x

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

Mr. ED wrote:
RC Chick wrote:

You guys are just dying for me to post one arent you? If I could find one Id post it but most of them arent really good.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

RC Chick wrote: You guys are just dying for me to post one arent you? If I could find one Id post it but most of them arent really good.
ALL Ladys say that. The longer you wait, the more our imagination works overtime. :wink: TAKE a "good" one then, you obviously have a camera, you post NICE pics of your Cars. Being the only Lady in the House, you know we want to know what you look like. Come on, its NEVER as bad as you Ladies think it is. (and no stinkin FAKE internet "ugly" pics. you know you were thinking about it :lol: )

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

RC Chick wrote:You guys are just dying for me to post one arent you? If I could find one Id post it but most of them arent really good.
We're guys, we're not picky. The pic only needs the essentials - beer and, uh, cleavage. :wink:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Halgar wrote: beer and, uh, cleavage. :wink:
My two favorite things

Minicooper 35
Approved Member

Post by Minicooper 35 »

Limos and err, ... :mrgreen:
"The things you own, they end up owning you."

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

vruland74

Post by vruland74 »

that frog is sitting in a glass display case at "granbury hobbies" which is the shop in my town. the driver of the car in the show was chris alec. sound familiar to anyone??? he's the "alec" in "alec & lane manufacturing", or a&l mnfg. he owns granbury hobbies now. i just found this out this week actually. i knew about the frog, but not about a&l until he told me. he also makes bodies for team losi and jammin products. he's got a ton of photos of him and halsey and losi jr. all racing together. he still speaks to both losi's, and halsey quite regularly. he does'nt brag much, so you kinda gotta pry info from him. oh yeah, one more thing, he told me that when he moved to texas a few years ago, he threw away "hundreds of those damn trailing arm kits"!!!! anyway, i think its pretty cool, and he has tons of cool stories. his shop has a lot of vintage pics, and trophies, and pretty much just like a time warp.