Anyone Else Collecting Radio Shack Rigs?

The place for all things Nikko / Toy Grade.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ozzymuppet

Re: Anyone Else Collecting Radio Shack Rigs?

Post by ozzymuppet »

Wow, nice cars. I love the Radio Shack aesthetic. Personally I collect Tyco / Taiyo / Metro RC.

reptilejason
Approved Member

Post by reptilejason »

I'm a little late to this thread, but oh well! I love the RS cars. All of the vintage cars are awesome IMO. As far as Radio Shack cars go, I currently have the Golden Arrow, Red Arrow, Black Wolf, Radcon Wild Fox, Saggita, Tsauro X, Tsauro Z... all NIB. When i think of 80's and early 90's RC, i think of these cars first. Especially growing up in a small town in South Dakota, nobody had the hobby grade RC's or even know what they were. lol

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

RS Black Phantom. 1/10, 4WD, Twin Motor. Came in Styrofoam with Tx and Manual, but no cover for the box.
Attachments
RS BLACK FANTOM 1.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

My Radio Shack collection is pretty deep. It all started with the Golden Arrow in the pic. I traded some questionable stuff :roll: when I was 12yo . It now has modern electronics and a few parts from a Traxxas Cat. So far I have 4 of them. Then there are the Camaros, have one new in the box, several others laying around and one I made into a 4WD drift car. Similar to the Camaro are the Mustangs, very interesting steering set up on those cars. Next is the 4x4 Offroaders, one is updated with electronics and locked diffs and others are awaiting builds. I have several Stinger boats, one in the box, one runner with updated electronics for my boy and one im building with the goal of getting it on plane. There is also a Wave Jumper im building with stock electronics.

And don't get me started on the Nikko variants.
Attachments
20230817_104248.jpg
20230817_103510.jpg
20230817_103609.jpg