=hooptys all nude review=

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i'm pretty sure the arms are just hot tricks polished up. but for some reason one of the previous owners tried to dremel some of the holes in front arms a little bit wider... theres been a few hot trick arm sets on ebay over the years, but i dont bid alot on them figuring some other guy probably wants them more than i do.

sometime later in life i'll polish some shock bodies for it for a full on red and chrome vibe.

any idea who made the front spring collars? they're alloy and look alot like the ones on the boxart original rc10. i need a matching rear set and knowing the manufacturer may help the search.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

badhoopty wrote:any idea who made the front spring collars? they're alloy and look alot like the ones on the boxart original rc10. i need a matching rear set and knowing the manufacturer may help the search.
They are Delta knock-offs and I'm 99% sure they were made by Hot Trick, too. Back then, the ONLY red anodized stuff on the market was Hot Trick. Anodizing wasn't nearly as omnipresent as it is today.

My dad is a machinist, and when I worked with him during the summers as a kid, I made a few sets of Associated RC10 shock collars out of aluminum. They worked awesome and were super trick. Dynotech makes some that are identical—not coincidently, because the owner of Dynotech used to be one of my dad's machinist apprentices. ;) I think those could be polished up really nice, and would technically be period-correct. :)

doug

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

wow, you know all the cool little places to get trick stuff.

thanks!!

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

badhoopty wrote:i need to check and see if there are any people racing vintage buggies in my area. i've never raced rc, but i think if there was a vintage class it might be a little more relaxed of a scene.

BTW, there isn't even CURRENT electric buggy racing in this area (more or less). I think I am building a lot of these projects secretly hoping that a vintage race or series happens somewhere in the country to attend. It's happened in BMX, mountain biking and many other hobbies—no reason why R/C should be any different.

Maybe in a few years, the following will be strong enough to organize a real event. I have some ideas and plans... :D :wink:

surferdave71
Approved Member

Re: =hooptys all nude review=

Post by surferdave71 »

nice collection hoopty, if you feel like you need to give any away please keep me in-mind 8)