Animikii...if its too loud your too old.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Kyoshojoe
Approved Member

Re: Animikii...if its too loud your too old.

Post by Kyoshojoe »

Should have called the thread "How to need hearing aids by the age of 40.
Nope methinks it is named quite well. LOL lets just blame the super clean system for hearing loss while we run a weed wacker, leaf blower, or ride a Harley and think its not doing damage. or maybe just accept your old and wearing out and let the kids have fun in the messed up world we gave em. human maladies are just the luck of the draw and are actually quite hard to pin down to one sure cause. :roll: remember most car related problems can be attributed to a nut loose behind the wheel, Mcdonalds is a bigger threat to society than subwoofers, and we are what created the corporations.
Looks awesome but I'm concerned about that battery. A battery needs to be in a sealed box and vented outside the vehicle. I think an Optima battery is what you need. I'm no expert but please look into it just to be safe.
yes it should be vented to the outside but I ran out of time and put it off till winter break. When the box is in its rear position the battery is sealed off from cabin with the tailgate vent serving that purpose. Dry cells would be nice but cost was an issue plus mixing battery types is a bad idea, need em to be identical or as close as possible in capacity

Bud

Post by Bud »

Hey, they're your ears. Do what ever you want to them. When you get your aids you'll find out they suck. My hearing was shot when I got out of the army. Wasn't too old. And you wear ear plugs for your weed wacking, shooting and that kind of stuff. You can hear the crickets again with the aids but they still suck. You'll see what I mean when you get yours.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

slotcarrod wrote:
pumpkinfish wrote:It's not the loss of hearing or not hearing a conversation in a restaurant or cafeteria, it's the damn tinnitus when you're laying in bed or at work and it's dead quiet. If I don't have any background noise it drives me insane.
So true. I have been to many "dances" as a teenager that would shake glass windows miles away. That was when I lived in Jamaica and they would set up speakers in the street over a story tall on four corners. But I don't think that did my hearing in! I think it was too many times at the starting gate of a 30+ MX bike gate drop! Red line with out earmuffs on 30 race piped 450's... Stupid me! :( Guns with out earplugs do not help also!

Treasure your ears guys!
I guess if we're moving to a world where everything is texted and keyboarded...to hell with hearing! :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I notice that my hearing is affected from using grinders, saws, drills and other power tools for years without ear plugs. I think my hearing is still ok for the moment, but when in a largish room with lots of background noise I can't hear as it's all mushed together, I end up just zoning out and detaching from the conversation.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

RC10th wrote:I notice that my hearing is affected from using grinders, saws, drills and other power tools for years without ear plugs. I think my hearing is still ok for the moment, but when in a largish room with lots of background noise I can't hear as it's all mushed together, I end up just zoning out and detaching from the conversation.
pretty much put a humungous X2 right in there. I call it anti-social but hey...I'm getting older and it works for me :wink:

I guess the biggest thing here is its the OP's life and if you as a specific entity don't agree with it you can not agree with it but personally don't think it needs to be an argument on the board 8)

My personal opinion is music is best when you can feel it. I got the chance to show first hand what I meant this summer by taking my 14year old daughter and 12 year old granddaughter to see Fall Out Boy at the Illinois State Fair where my daughter got the chance to show her 4H projects. Up til then they didn't realize what I meant but understood shortly after the first song started.

Anyway, cool setup. Wish I could validate the $ for something like that for my daughters first 'ride' coming up sooner than I was prepared for.

Definitely don't know about the battery situation but agree an optima battery isn't all that much $ compared to losing someone close to you.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Kyoshojoe
Approved Member

Post by Kyoshojoe »

Wasn't expecting to get a debate about hearing loss, I'm not denying loud noises can damage hearing or that getting old is full of should of would of's. Honestly I figured that the fact that a 400lbs box slides effortlessly forward on tracks when the seats are folded down to gain full access to the spare, or the fact that it has a steel amp rack that protects and adds storage space would generate more conversation but I guess that aspect falls on deaf ears :P .

The whole system including the cost of the truck comes in at under 8000$. My son paid for all the components, some left over from the system he had in high school, and he helped with the build. he cut every piece of steel in the amp rack and I welded it together then he sanded and painted it. Overall it was an amazing bonding experience and this is something we have planned and dreamed about together since he was 14.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Kyoshojoe wrote:Wasn't expecting to get a debate about hearing loss, I'm not denying loud noises can damage hearing or that getting old is full of should of would of's.
I think high powered earbuds or headphones are far more dangerous, although I've done no research whatsoever. None of the systems I've had are nearly as powerful as Animikii, but I've had at least 2 10" subs in every car I've ever owned and my ears are never ringing when I get out of the car anywhere near like when I leave a loud concert or local band. I think the low drone of high powered subs is far less harmful than the loudspeakers heavy concert-goers are exposed to. As Joe stated, not looking to add to the debate, but just stating my possibly ignorant opinion. For me the soothing vibrations of 1200 watts on the drive home after a long day at work far outweigh any harmful side-effects... :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken