Formula One

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

tamiya
Approved Member

Re: Formula One

Post by tamiya »

hasn't been any memorable Kimi broadcasts this yr afaik... did i miss any?

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

No...he's still getting used to his slow Ferrari.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

ca-rj wrote:No...he's still getting used to his slow Ferrari.
Yes no kidding, two of the best drivers! It's like Masami and Cliff Lett showing up to a race with Frogs! :lol:

Even Force India is faster than the Ferrari! :lol: :lol:

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

I feel bad for Alonzo. He's gotten a pretty raw deal from Ferrari. Right now Ferrari is behind both Williams and Force India, which is pretty sad considering the money spent and driving talent they have.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

Suzuka seems to be a good time to post my list of why I think Formula One is loosing popularity:

- Driving in the rain. For God's sake, up to the 2000nds it was fine to drive in heavy rain, none of this pace car and red flag nonsense! Develop better rain tires and tell teams to have cars that behave decently in the rain! Have circuits invest in better drainage, too. :evil:
- Track limits. Perhaps drivers would be less inclined to leave track limits without those HUGE tarmac run-off areas :roll: . Just use gravel or grass.
- "Causing a collision"-warning. This needs to die. Collisions can and will happen in racing. Now I can understand taking action against people who willfully run into people or willfully push them off the track, but hearing this every single time there is contact? Screw that. :evil:
- DRS. Videogame trick that also needs to die.
- And so does "drive-by-wire".

Well, looks like the race is "underway" again (for how long till the next red flag? :roll: ) Oh, Alonso just stopped along the track with no drive...

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

....and we have red flag #2, race will not be resumed, not because of the rain, but because of a crash requiring medical attention :(

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

speaking of F1, Niki lauda thinks modern F1 is crap

"We need to change Formula 1," says Lauda. "Aggressive cars, wide, big wheels, huge wings, 1,200 horsepower."

a little interview with him http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/niki-lauda-thinks-modern-f1-cars-are-bullshit-1642501092/+Kyosuke

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

DMAT wrote:speaking of F1, Niki lauda thinks modern F1 is crap

"We need to change Formula 1," says Lauda. "Aggressive cars, wide, big wheels, huge wings, 1,200 horsepower."

a little interview with him http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/niki-lauda-thinks-modern-f1-cars-are-bullshit-1642501092/+Kyosuke
Ha, ha, yeah, I read an interview where he made the same points. Sometimes he comes over as a little crude, but I think he's right.

With regards to the second red flag that halted the race at Suzuka, it seems Jules Bianchi left the track where Sutil left it a lap earlier, except Bianchi didn't hit the barrier, but the recovery truck holding Sutil's car >_< :cry:
He's said to be in a very serious condition. I just came across a picture of his car surrounded by marshals moments after the crash, and the whole top half of the car was ripped off :shock: Antennas on the nose, the whole air intake assembly on the rear, the whole rear bodywork - gone. There's marshals in front of the actual cockpit, which is good, because seeing the damage to the car I don't want to see what happened to Bianchi's head. I saw some pictures of that F1 test car that hit a truck, and that was quite mild compared to this. This is just looking so very bad. :cry: I hope he pulls through, but...gah. The car looks like someone took a very large piece of abrassive paper to it. :shock:

Attached the picture for reference.
Attachments
bianchi-met-serieuze-verwondingen-in-ziekenhuis-zware-crash.jpg

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

God help him pull through! :(

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

were they seriously under green while those track workers were clearing up that previous wreck? :roll:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

scr8p wrote:were they seriously under green while those track workers were clearing up that previous wreck? :roll:
That's the weirdest thing..... before that point, they were supposedly under local double-waved yellows..... but you can obviously see the green flag in the video, which (you would think) would have made drivers speed up back to full racing conditions.... that to me is a bit of an error.

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

scr8p wrote:were they seriously under green while those track workers were clearing up that previous wreck? :roll:
No, they were under waved double yellows, which means slow down and be prepared to stop. The green flags are at the marshal point right after the scene of the accident, to let the drivers know the next section is clear.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

oh, alright. for someone that wasn't watching the race that video is quite misleading.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

terry.sc wrote:No, they were under waved double yellows, which means slow down and be prepared to stop. The green flags are at the marshal point right after the scene of the accident, to let the drivers know the next section is clear.
Could be just me, Terry, but I think the green flag was shown a bit too early...

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!