Brilliant Packaging - Must notify NASA!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: Brilliant Packaging - Must notify NASA!

Post by GoMachV »

gomachv wrote:I bought a set of bearings from an eBay seller (not one of the good brands, these were like 10 for $2.99)
A couple hours later I ordered another size I forgot I needed.

I really wish I had the picture. There was a bubble mailer with one tube of bearings, and a plastic Baggie taped to the bubble mailer on the outside with another tube of bearings. How it made the trip from HK I will never know
Found the pic :lol:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Consider yourself lucky... he usually ships in wet paper bags :lol:

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

Some further background on the Ebay purchase. The seller (qngu48332007) has a feedback count of 327 (100% positive). He was selling 3 of the same 1/8 bodies, and I purchased two of them. His stated shipping cost was $15, so when I purchased 2 I inquired about a combined shipping discount. He responded wtih $20, which I thought was a little high, but acceptable. The photo I posted shows the two bodies jammed together, but seperated by a plastic bag, absolutely no cushining material, and then wrapped in brown paper. I left him 2 neutral feedbacks, because overall the bodies arrived in ok shape (not sure how). On the first one I stated "Very poor packaging, not friendly to deal with". One the second I wrote "Shipped vintage item in brown paper - Unbelievable". I would have given negative if the damage was worse, but given the overall feedback of other buyers I cut him some slack. However, I had to give it some thought due to the negative attitude. I was surprised to see the buyer of the 3rd body left positive feedback "great ebayer, fast shipper. I imagine the body was shipped the same way, but arrived without any damage.

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

Gomachv, that's a great picture!!! I believe yours was shipped by a very famous baker. He is known for making donuts with the jelly on the outside:)

- Limestang

minimini
Approved Member
Location: KWS@Hong Kong; 3.5 hours' trip to meet tiger1 and only 7,777 miles from Doug

Post by minimini »

gomachv wrote:
gomachv wrote:I bought a set of bearings from an eBay seller (not one of the good brands, these were like 10 for $2.99)
A couple hours later I ordered another size I forgot I needed.

I really wish I had the picture. There was a bubble mailer with one tube of bearings, and a plastic Baggie taped to the bubble mailer on the outside with another tube of bearings. How it made the trip from HK I will never know
Found the pic :lol:
dangerous place is the safest place ---> dangerous method is the safest method...... :mrgreen:
mini@vintage Team Yokomo/Associated

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

back in the cheap rc10 days i won an ebay listing for a nib rc10, at a whopping 110 final bid.

it was so cheap primarily because it had no pics. but it was a complete nib still in the shrinkwrap 6010 rc10.

anyway, i was SHOCKED when it was delivered... the shipper literally put the shipping label on the rc10 box's shrinkwrap.

couple small tears to the shrinkwrap was all that happened. i was able to remove the label with benzine.

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

You let that guy off way to easy...I don't have any of those stories to tell yet but I am sure my time will come...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

The seller has contact me 2 times to request I remove the neutral/negative feedback. I reported him to the Ebay Spam. It just keeps getting better with this seller:)

Percymon
Approved Member

Post by Percymon »

This is possibly the worst packaging I've had on an ebay buy - it was bought as a well battered chassis so i wasn't too bothered but quite unbelieveably it arrived without any mail inflicted damage !..

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

limestang wrote: I left him 2 neutral feedbacks, because overall the bodies arrived in ok shape (not sure how). On the first one I stated "Very poor packaging, not friendly to deal with". One the second I wrote "Shipped vintage item in brown paper - Unbelievable".
I give you props for taking a higher road in life, but at the same time I think you've done a disservice to future bidders. I would have left him negative feedback with the same comments.
Something clever goes here...

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

limestang wrote:The seller has contact me 2 times to request I remove the neutral/negative feedback. I reported him to the Ebay Spam. It just keeps getting better with this seller:)
This makes me think of someone on Ebay from whom I bought some FF-01 parts (sold as "new, never used") who left me insulting comments after I left him a neutral for very bad packaging and selling broken parts (for which I got a considerable refund). So I left one final comment to his replies: "abusive seller, should have given negative."