Love & Hate in RC

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Re: Love & Hate in RC

Post by justinspeed79 »

MOmo wrote:LOVE: RCs in general

HATE: NOT having the $$ to buy them all!
This pretty much sums it up for me too. 8)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Love - old stuff

Hate - new stuff (unless I can make it work on my old stuff) :wink:

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

justinspeed79 wrote:
MOmo wrote:LOVE: RCs in general

HATE: NOT having the $$ to buy them all!
This pretty much sums it up for me too. 8)
DITTO!!! :D

But I also hate different sized hardware on RCs and phillips head screws. UGH!! :evil:
Jeff

SoAzRC
Approved Member

Post by SoAzRC »

Love: Team Associated vehicles in general, Stainless screws, "rules" class racing (VTA, Spec, etc), Oval Sprint racing

Hate: Aluminum screws, "Open" Class racing ($$$ win), over-priced parts, IMCA/EDM bodies (never could figure them)
ALL OVAL RACING:
SC10 Late Model
SC10 Modified
SC10 Bomber
Cobra Nemesis Sprint
B4 Street Stock
TC3 Late Model

artfull dodger
Approved Member

Post by artfull dodger »

Love: anything RC that isnt a lawn dart!

Hate: The high prices of many items, lack of new parts for old style RC10's
Silly NT's, I have Aspergers!

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

Forgot a couple...

Love: the creativity, ingenuity, and skill of my fellow modelers. Every day I see something that amazes or inspires me (or frustrates me, as in "Why doesn't my stuff look that cool?"). The internet age has added a community aspect to this hobby that was hard to come by before, and I love it.

Hate: non-treated aluminum pinion gears. Seriously, whose bright idea was that? Hate that silvery paste they leave all over the inside of a perfectly good gearbox, too.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Hate: "Open" Class racing ($$$ win),
yea just saw a guy spend well over $1000 on a belt drive touring car..

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Love- True vintage and obscure r/c.

Hate- Traxxas bashing. They're here to stay and make some of the funnest vehicles around. R/C owes it's roots to people wanting to have fun... I'm not really sure why the hate continues. Have those that hate Traxxas even driven one of their vehicles?? :roll:

P.S. I'm not exactly a Traxxas Fanboy, but I just don't understand HATE and they seem to receive more of it than anyone.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Love- True vintage and obscure r/c.

Hate- Traxxas bashing. They're here to stay and make some of the funnest vehicles around. R/C owes it's roots to people wanting to have fun... I'm not really sure why the hate continues. Have those that hate Traxxas even driven one of their vehicles?? :roll:

P.S. I'm not exactly a Traxxas Fanboy, but I just don't understand HATE and they seem to receive more of it than anyone.
I'm the only one here who "hates" trashaxxas, I've driven them, that's 1/3 of why they suck- they should (and will, mark my words) be sold in Wal-Mart...

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

Charlie don't surf wrote:I'm the only one here who "hates" trashaxxas, I've driven them, that's 1/3 of why they suck- they should (and will, mark my words) be sold in Wal-Mart...
I highly doubt you're the only one; and I honestly didn't mean to call anyone out. However, anyone that pulls the trigger on a Stampede or Slash and doesn't grin from ear to ear may need to have their pulse checked. :mrgreen: They're big, they're fun and I hope Wal-Mart does start to sell them because that means I would get a great price and have them available to me 24 hours a day. :D

Not being argumentative here, but I seriously believe that r/c was born and raised around fun and Traxxas delivers.

Along with many others don't get me wrong... I'm for any company keeping the hobby alive, and I think many would kill it if their marketing department were the only one at work... :roll:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

scootmike
Approved Member

Post by scootmike »

Love - finally getting that hard to find part in your hands.
Hate - finally getting that hard to find part in your hands, I enjoy the hunt!

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

er... am I getting crazy or what, where's my post gone, and if gone, what have I done wrong???

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

Lonestar wrote:er... am I getting crazy or what, where's my post gone, and if gone, what have I done wrong???

Paul
This one? Or was there another?
Lonestar wrote:Love: the adrenalin of racing, which, when you take a step back, is ridiculous as it's just playing with toy cars against one another... The fact that you can still enjoy yourself kicking a VLB around in the yard with the kids running after it screaming in joy... The few climactic minutes just after you've put the finishing touch to a restoration project that has taken you weeks (and way too much money)... Getting your hands on the first vintage car of a certain kind in your collection (the first RC10, the first JRX2, the first YZ-10, the first Dynastorm,...)...

Hate: Most internet forums where incompetent posters do more harm than good by conveying improper information... The lack of time to get these dozens of projects moving like you intended... that little guilty voice in your heads that tells you the kids would like to have you around when you go racing instead (even if not often)... The kid who goes faster than you at the track even though he's only been running RC cars for 3 yrs when you've done it for 25... and... WOOD SCREWS.
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

I thought maybe I should clarify my overall opinion in the friendly discussion that Reg and I were having. There was a time when I hated Traxxas as well. I hated the entire RTR platform as much as anyone(still do). I blamed them for the death of the kit.

Now though, I believe it to be more a matter of them filling a need to keep the hobby of radio control cars alive. I think a large percentage of kids, and a large number of adults for that matter, have little desire to build a kit. There are too many other hobbies that offer the instant gratification ( :roll: ) that people have been spoiled with. You don't have to build a video game system to play a video game. Same goes for computers, bikes, social networks. You just buy it or sign up and you're in. It's a shame that it's all come to this, but I don't blame Traxxas. It was inevitable. :(

Now some people may have other reasons for hating them and if that's the case then it's certainly their right. This was simply meant as an explanation of how I came to terms with Traxxas.

Now back to the topic:

I Love Rock N Roll
I Hate Myself For Lovin' You

This falls under my "Chicks who rocked the 80's" category. :mrgreen:
Ken

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
Lonestar wrote:er... am I getting crazy or what, where's my post gone, and if gone, what have I done wrong???

Paul
This one? Or was there another?
Lonestar wrote:Love: the adrenalin of racing, which, when you take a step back, is ridiculous as it's just playing with toy cars against one another... The fact that you can still enjoy yourself kicking a VLB around in the yard with the kids running after it screaming in joy... The few climactic minutes just after you've put the finishing touch to a restoration project that has taken you weeks (and way too much money)... Getting your hands on the first vintage car of a certain kind in your collection (the first RC10, the first JRX2, the first YZ-10, the first Dynastorm,...)...

Hate: Most internet forums where incompetent posters do more harm than good by conveying improper information... The lack of time to get these dozens of projects moving like you intended... that little guilty voice in your heads that tells you the kids would like to have you around when you go racing instead (even if not often)... The kid who goes faster than you at the track even though he's only been running RC cars for 3 yrs when you've done it for 25... and... WOOD SCREWS.

ok... i AM going crazy... thanks for pointing it out...

(I guess I need a vacation, eh... with a nice white shirt that wraps around my body...)
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.