Bob Stormer, glimpse

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Re: Bob Stormer, glimpse

Post by Bob-Stormer »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Oh, and that 6 gear Jammer with the Pinned diff, Litesink and blue wheel dots was mine :wink: ...next to the JRX-2 Jammer and the #7 body :lol:
Gonna be a lot of you guys spot stuff in their. It's a small world. :) That's a cool car too. Much appreciated. I found the parts to build a few more of those. A solid 80% of it is cars I found that are cool like yours. :)
I enjoy, Schumacher 1/12th, Checkpoint motors, Lazerlite motors, PB Sizzler, Pro Panther-10, Dialed Speed Controls, Paranoia spurs.

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Post by Bob-Stormer »

I'm such a fan of 235mm I even drew up the lazerlite for a good time. No plans to make it, just wanted to build it in solidworks for fun. that's kind of pitiful if you think about it. :) Although you gotta admit it would be cool to have those front arms machined out of nylon or delrin... just to have a set. :) the axle and hubs are 1/12th stuff. I just slid an axle in there for size.

I've had this wild idea for a few years that I'm eventually going to build a 1/3-1/4 scale tub RC10. Be some "artistic interpretation" on that one. I just want to weld up the tub and then get it gold anodized... HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!!!?!?! Maybe make it gokart size you could ride around in it!!!!!

I enjoy, Schumacher 1/12th, Checkpoint motors, Lazerlite motors, PB Sizzler, Pro Panther-10, Dialed Speed Controls, Paranoia spurs.

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

I remember exchanging a few PMs with you Bob about Schumacher cars, & you exlained about the situation with your collection, mainly the sheer size & quantity of what you have..... now I can see what a wonderfull prediciment you are in!

In all honesty though, I don't think I envy your situation - I know I own more R/Cs than is deemed necessary (especially in the eyes of my Fiancee' at least!) - around the 25-30 mark. But I am getting to the point where I just don't want any more - I want to make sure that all the cars I do have are brought up to a level that I am happy with, many are already there but i've got probably around 5 or so cars that should keep me busy for a few years yet! The thing I find most frustrating is the couple of boxes of odd old worn useless spares... I don't want to throw them away as they might be of use to someone, but they don't seem good enough to sell or would take ages to itemise each individual part? :|

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

And i sometimes think my collection is out of hand...

I've been itemizing my parts on a spreadsheet for the last few months, just doing a few a day. I'm already over 400, but your situation would make my brain melt :lol:

Paul.

hawgfanman
Approved Member

Post by hawgfanman »

:shock:
Wow! Oh how I would love to come dig through that stuff for a weekend! Haha!

LurkingCAT

Post by LurkingCAT »

Just a comment on your A&L parts. For long I was looking for the fiberglass conversion (RC10C2). Carbon is of course the top kit, but I really like the seventies/eighties engineering aesthetics of the fiberglass. Guess it's part of my love for the old CAT and other fiberglass cars and options from the old days. Finally got the C2 kit NIB a couple of years ago (haven’t built it yet…). Thinking of the price - wow you've got some cash in your boxes...

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Wow - that is just insane. You could easily open up your own vintage hobby parts store! Or sell some of it to oldrc.com, lol. But really, I'm sure you'd be able to just move most of it here for cheap :mrgreen:

I'd love to see just what you have for the RC10, I bet its really good the NIP stuff you have lying around.

As for me, my tiny fleet of runners is just perfect and I don't want it to get any bigger as I don't have time to run the ones I have already. I still have to finish my Sand Scorcher and paint a couple of shells so I couldn't imagine having more cars. I already feel like my collection is too big, but its not even a fraction of what you have there!
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Bob Stormer = Stormer Hobbies :wink:

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

bob you should hold a vintage event of sorts, maybe more like a vintage rc vacation spot.

i would probably pay you to let me help you sort and organize. :mrgreen:

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

If my girl ever complains about all of my r/c cars, I'm going to show her these pictures. :lol:
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

kaiser wrote:bob you should hold a vintage event of sorts, maybe more like a vintage rc vacation spot.
Vintage R/C Fantasy Camp. :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
kaiser wrote:bob you should hold a vintage event of sorts, maybe more like a vintage rc vacation spot.
where do we sign up???
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Insane :shock:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Lonestar wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
where do we sign up???
You don't sign up....you have to buy a bunch of chocolate bars and hope you find a golden ticket.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

Incredible collection Bob!
I do have to ask-- what are the Winnebago models? RC or static? Promotional items?
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff