What your workstation looks like?

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Re: What your workstation looks like?

Post by Eau Rouge »

shodog wrote:I haven't taken any pics of my workspace since 2004 so what you see doesn't reflect my aquisitions since.

Is that a Mantis Pro Floater I see hanging back there? :D

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

lol, here's my mess...

and heres the majority of my storage...

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

not to get off subject, but that crawler under the table is cool. what is it? pti? i like the two on the table too.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I love hoopty takes those awesome cars of his and just simply stacks they on one another. LOL!

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Eau Rouge wrote:
shodog wrote:I haven't taken any pics of my workspace since 2004 so what you see doesn't reflect my aquisitions since.

Is that a Mantis Pro Floater I see hanging back there? :D
Its an old mongoose with a rock shox rear coil over and a Boxxer front fork. Vintage 1997. I use to be into downhill racing and raced this bike in the expert class.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

Uh oh...looks like hoopty's into the PicooZ (or whatever they are this week...) micro helis!

Fun stuff once you get them modded out to go forward! :lol: I bought a half a dozen of 'em when RS was selling them for $19.99...gave a few to friends who now fly BCX and BCP helis...

I am in the middle of an HDX300 disaster, personally... :oops:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540339

I actually now own the actual one that thread was started with...for what that's worth... :roll:

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

mrlexan wrote:I love hoopty takes those awesome cars of his and just simply stacks they on one another. LOL!
yeah, lol. i was thinking the same. kinda looked like my shop before i started selling out. mine was way messier though!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

olderacer wrote:not to get off subject, but that crawler under the table is cool. what is it? pti? i like the two on the table too.

the two on top are a diaz dtrail12 with shaved tlt axles and a tamiya highlift with a few goodies bolted to it.

the one underneath is a rcp hustler 2.2 with tlt axles (rcp spools and cvds) rc4wd r2 tranny with rear disconnect, nomadio react tx, hitec robot servo. i'd like to get the novak crawler system in it sometime here soon, and when i do that i'll switch to lipo.

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

very nice. the crawlers, not the workshop :wink: :wink: . just kidding. your space is still nicer than mine. what a mess i have! thanks for the info. i can see i'll have to visit some crawler sites. one day i hope to weld up a tube frame for rc10 sand rail and another for a sprint car. now i want to do a crawler as well! i need less time on the internet and more time to clean up my shop! maybe i'll actually finish a project!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

mrlexan wrote:I love hoopty takes those awesome cars of his and just simply stacks they on one another. LOL!
i got no room to lay them all out... i do very gently place them on top of each other, and none of the tires touch anything. i've been thinking lately about bubble-wrapping them all and boxing them up. i might get inspired to build more if i didnt have my existing builds closing in on me. ;)

olderacer, rc10talk's big brother is clodtalk.com and there are some cool 4wd rigs/peeps over there. scale4x4rc.org and rccrawler.com are also very very nice places with alot of dudes doing mega cool 4wd truck/crawler stuff.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

templeofspeed wrote:Uh oh...looks like hoopty's into the PicooZ (or whatever they are this week...) micro helis!

Fun stuff once you get them modded out to go forward! :lol: I bought a half a dozen of 'em when RS was selling them for $19.99...gave a few to friends who now fly BCX and BCP helis...

I am in the middle of an HDX300 disaster, personally... :oops:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540339

I actually now own the actual one that thread was started with...for what that's worth... :roll:
i'm definitely interested in helis since having a couple piccos. i'd like to get a nicer 'simple' heli, i think it was the blade or something i was looking into awhile back. any reco's for a nice hobby grade 'simple flight' heli?

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

badhoopty wrote:
i'm definitely interested in helis since having a couple piccos. i'd like to get a nicer 'simple' heli, i think it was the blade or something i was looking into awhile back. any reco's for a nice hobby grade 'simple flight' heli?
Blade CX/CX2 for indoor/learning... although it's not really "hobby grade", there are some cool mods and upgrades. Plus your LHS is going to have all the usual crash parts.

Everyone says for a "real" heli to get a TREX... kinda big though. That's why I bought the HDX300's, small, same tech as a trex, completely moddable. I also bought a used Blade CP Pro to learn about collective pitch helis first... and might get it flying this winter.

I kind of lost interest...if you want to go there I'd make you a screamin' deal...
Attachments
p1010007.JPG
p1010007.JPG (65.28 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
p1010007.JPG
p1010007.JPG (65.28 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Just taken some shots of mine. It used to be my garage but it's now both my hobby and work room, which is why there are plenty of heavy duty tools around. I should add this is a lot tidier than normal after having had to clear the bench last week to get some bodies painted for the 1/5th scale bike world champs this weekend.

The workbench. As usual half a dozen projects on the go at the same time.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Holy Jesus Terry! I didn't expect that (don't take it in a bad way).

At least you guys have a work station. :cry:

Volumiza
Approved Member

Post by Volumiza »

terry, what can i say? steptoes yard? :wink: its amazing, awe inspiring and frightening!!! hehe, good lad.
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers!" The late great Bob Monkhouse 1928 - 2003.