Finally, the official Futaba FXT thread

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Re: Finally, the official Futaba FXT thread

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

Since they use a lot of Tamiya parts, it shouldn't be too hard to build one using a wrecker if there was a list available of the parts that are unique and the parts that are shared... :?:

billetproofcustoms
Approved Member

Post by billetproofcustoms »

EvolutionRevolution wrote:Since they use a lot of Tamiya parts, it shouldn't be too hard to build one using a wrecker if there was a list available of the parts that are unique and the parts that are shared... :?:
The only parts that will interchange are the front and rear suspension arms, rear hub carriers, front steering arms, the fixed "turnbuckles", tires, and the only part from the tranny is the internal ball diff unit.

That leaves you with quite a bit left to build..
Although there is a NOS chassis tub and some other various NOS parts on Ebay right now..

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I can't believe nobody has bought that chassis yet. Its the only NIB one I've ever seen.

billetproofcustoms
Approved Member

Post by billetproofcustoms »

Lowgear wrote:I can't believe nobody has bought that chassis yet. Its the only NIB one I've ever seen.
Yeah me either, but its on my watch list... :wink:

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

Does anybody know if the whole gearbox from the Tamiya trucks will fit? Know where I can get a full manual for the FXT?

fxt

Post by fxt »

Hi guys, I have finally got me a fxt ,I've wanted one since I was 12. Well any how my question is ,has any one put any other truck body on fxt? In a search I've found dyna blaster looks good fits well. I think the stadium blitzer body looks closest to the fxt. I would like my next body to have the box paint scheme. I am sure I could make blitzer body work but can't find any pics not sure if its wide enough . I am open to any bodies that might fit? Or if any one has nos fxt body for sale (dreaming). Well that's what I am burning on. Any suggestions or experience with finding a body for fxt. Also what is the stock wheels tire size? Pics to come!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

SteveK wrote:Does anybody know if the whole gearbox from the Tamiya trucks will fit? Know where I can get a full manual for the FXT?
Which Tamiya trucks? The Stadium Blitzer's one might as from what I've read on numerous occasions they share similar parts. I've never had the two trucks side by side to compare which parts are interchangeable for sure. I've also never come across a scanned manual before. As far as I know, one has never been made available. I was going to do it with a spare manual I had a year or two ago but never got around to it.
fxt wrote:Hi guys, I have finally got me a fxt ,I've wanted one since I was 12. Well any how my question is ,has any one put any other truck body on fxt? In a search I've found dyna blaster looks good fits well. I think the stadium blitzer body looks closest to the fxt. I would like my next body to have the box paint scheme. I am sure I could make blitzer body work but can't find any pics not sure if its wide enough . I am open to any bodies that might fit? Or if any one has nos fxt body for sale (dreaming). Well that's what I am burning on. Any suggestions or experience with finding a body for fxt. Also what is the stock wheels tire size? Pics to come!
I have a stock body I could get dimensions from but its a little inaccessible at the moment. Maybe someone else that has one more handy could take them for you. The rims take standard 2.2 tires.

Dave145
Approved Member

Post by Dave145 »

Is this truck really that rare? I got a somewhat beat up FXT in a trade for my slash... The guy td me it was an rc10t2 so I guess so much for that. Should I rebuild it and run it or just rebuild it and make it a shelf queen? How low of a turn motor can i put on it without blowing the gearbox out? If you want pics I can post some on here or you can check out the What is it thread on here on page 90 is my truck.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Well they are uncommon... I guess they can be considered rare. At least nice examples anyway. Rare doesn't always mean desirable or worth a lot though. I'm not talking about the FXT specifically, I just mean in general.

If I were you I would run it if its in "somewhat beat up" condition. Used examples show up on eBay from time to time and generally fetch under a hundred dollars depending on condition so its not a big deal.

duder1982

Post by duder1982 »

I have my FXT that I bought new back in the 90's when I was a kid, I started digging the old cars out in the last couple of weeks. After coming across this thread and talking to some of the locals. I have decided to make this a shelf queen. The body didn't come out as good as it should but I think I was 12 or so when I painted it so give me a break. But for now it is in pieces, and I know i have seen my manual for it laying around somewhere, once I find it I will try and get this thing back together. When I do is there any recommended electronics, I mean even though it will be a shelf queen, it still has to run of coarse. I was thinking my Futaba controller, I mean it only makes since, along with vintage duster megasport esc.

huminski
Approved Member

Post by huminski »

Does anyone know what the chassis mentioned above (jeez only 2 years ago come on!) was listed / sold for?

I am asking because I just had a NIP FX-T chassis complete with battery strap and whatever the other parts in the bag are.

Technically, I'm not asking what MY item is worth, just what a similar item was listed for / sold for. :) Hopefully that isn't against the rules :).

Thanks.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I'm just opening that same bag for my build :mrgreen:
Mine was 50% list tho so I'm not sure the value of that one
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

duder1982

Post by duder1982 »

gomachv wrote:I'm just opening that same bag for my build :mrgreen:
Mine was 50% list tho so I'm not sure the value of that one
I just received some like new parts, basically a whole other car minus chassis and body. But suspension, tub, front end, etc, etc. Did you guys see the new in box on ebay I think the auction was starting at around 150.00. Now I just need a assembly manual to figure out how to assemble this as a working truck.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I have the manual for you
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4hnd1wJQLh5T3VlelB5NkwzR2s/edit?usp=docslist_api

I saw and bid on that fxt nib but it got a little high for me. I'm cheap lol

Oh, and here is my build thread- mostly new parts
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=34871
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

That's the first time I've ever seen a scanned copy of the manual on the net before. I was going to scan a copy of the manual a few years ago but messed it up in the process. How? I decided in order to get a perfect scan I would cut out each page and scan it sheet by sheet. I tried cutting out multiple pages at once to save time which ended up not working out... at all. :oops: :lol:

I saw the one on eBay as well and was going to PM you about it but figured you probably weren't interested in buying a NIB one to get the few parts you needed. It went for a fairly decent price as NIB or new built ones seem to average between the $200-$300 range as they don't come up that often.