So Which One it Is ??

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Re: So Which One it Is ??

Post by DerbyDan »

Gizmo wrote:Well guess what i found :)

The Second pic is the Manuals for My Car (Edinger), including the Speed controler, its "The Laser ComFet Bug By Glyn Pegler" 90amps with Braking and Reverse :)

Also the Manual for the Motor "Twister" (16 Tripple me thinks)

But also found in the Draw to add confusion is the the other Manuals i collected, Cadillac and Team Car

O what Fun :)

Giz
Hey! welcome Gizmo!.... another Brit!

I was trying to work out what that huuuge speedo was - at first I thought it was a Speedmaster Silverstar... but that had a partial folded up aluminum case... then I remembered the Laser, I think my mate had one in his Ultima Bitd!

I like this car, normally 'lightenening' holes are a negative point towards an old RC10 - but on your car they are so well done it really adds to the interest.

My 'Gold Pan' i'm sure is an early Caddilac car & has the light gold annodising like yours & the price list & box has the Edinger address, but the instructions & motor have the Caddilac address. Your car also has the clearer gear cover... so indeed your car maybe a late-run Edinger?? Either way its one cool machine!

Dan

tiger1
Approved Member

Post by tiger1 »

very nice chassis, very special car. I love it!!!

Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Hello Dan (fellow Brit :) )

I down in South London witch is were i used to race years ago

I'm find out more and more about the Car, The big strip will start once new parts are found, Screws are the main issue, 15/16 year old with a screwdriver never a great look,

Any one have any ideas if we can buy the screws in the uk ?

Giz

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

DerbyDan wrote:
Gizmo wrote:Well guess what i found :)

The Second pic is the Manuals for My Car (Edinger), including the Speed controler, its "The Laser ComFet Bug By Glyn Pegler" 90amps with Braking and Reverse :)

Also the Manual for the Motor "Twister" (16 Tripple me thinks)

But also found in the Draw to add confusion is the the other Manuals i collected, Cadillac and Team Car

O what Fun :)

Giz
Hey! welcome Gizmo!.... another Brit!

I was trying to work out what that huuuge speedo was - at first I thought it was a Speedmaster Silverstar... but that had a partial folded up aluminum case... then I remembered the Laser, I think my mate had one in his Ultima Bitd!

I like this car, normally 'lightenening' holes are a negative point towards an old RC10 - but on your car they are so well done it really adds to the interest.

My 'Gold Pan' i'm sure is an early Caddilac car & has the light gold annodising like yours & the price list & box has the Edinger address, but the instructions & motor have the Caddilac address. Your car also has the clearer gear cover... so indeed your car maybe a late-run Edinger?? Either way its one cool machine!

Dan
that clear cover is a Parma cover :wink:

Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

that clear cover is a Parma cover

Great news, let the voyage of discovery continue

Giz

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Stumbled on this while searching for something else, but I might as well add my information.

I have seen plenty of these due to knowing a couple of the Team Associated drivers in the mid 80s. When the RC10 was first imported into the UK mid 1985 the team cars were modified like this to make them competitive against the Frogs and Scorpions we were all racing at the time. SRM Racing, the importer, had the chassis machined to save weight so they would last the length of a race on the high grip grass surface we raced on, and half an inch was taken off the front of the tub to shorten the wheelbase to get it to steer as you couldn't swing the rear end round like they do on dirt. As SRM had most of their own parts produced by RW Racing I wouldn't be surprised if RW had machined the chassis.

Swiss cheesing the chassis and cutting the sides right down were popular mods to reduce weight although there was an optimum amount you could take off. I remember Nick Adams of Demon Power Products cutting a huge hole out of the centre of the chassis and almost all of the sides cut off, then found it was difficult to drive because the chassis was flexing.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Oh wow...i didn't even see that the car was shortened. Quite a cool period correct ride!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

That thing is cool! OMG how much mud I would have scraped off the track yesterday had I run a nose plate like that!?!

That speed control is very cool - look into it for us please! Clean this one up! But do go through the thread above with a beer or two in hand. That's good advice.

P.S. - As far as the chassis color is concerned, I wish we would get away from this "light gold" description. Early Edingers are really an entirely different tone, "CHAMPAGNE" as I would wish we would start to call it. Digital photos, especially with flashes and auto exposure involved, will never do it justice. Until you see one in person, you don't really know. On top of that sun/age/wear does funky things to anodizing too. You can tell the color of a sun-faded gold one from an early Edinger fairly easily in person. With pictures you don't have a chance. OK. Off my box now. :roll:
- Brian -

My Gallery

upforit365
Approved Member

Post by upforit365 »

Gizmo,

Send me a p.m. with your email address and I'll send you a spreadsheet detailing all the hardware you need.

Best places to get the hardware from an Rc10 in th Uk are:

http://www.modelfixings.co.uk/

And

http://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/

Much cheaper than buying from a model shop

Welcome to the board!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

you guys might want to try to pm him since he hasn't posted for over a year and a half 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

:shock: :oops:
- Brian -

My Gallery

Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

I am still alive, just Chaos :)

Will send out a PM