need some experienced help identifing this

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

muck
Approved Member

Re: need some experienced help identifing this

Post by muck »

should i find a 6 gear tranny to replace mine or go to the stealth?
I found i need a complete spur assembly, bearings, and idler gears..

thanks for the help on what i have. I am glad to know i really do nto have a basket case LOL.

muck
Approved Member

Post by muck »

i have another question, what is your opnion on this chassis set up vs either the gold or black pan? I will be using this on a track just for fun and light bashing..

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

it's really up to you how you want to finish it transmission wise.

it's already set up for a 6 gear, I didn't look to see if it had holes for the stealth. If you are just bashing and enjoying the car in a non-race setting, the 6 gear is fine, and so is the chassis combination in regards to a tub.

you can still get almost all parts for the 6 gear, either through hobby stores such as tower hobbies(for some items) or ebay. Once you get to enough posts, you can join the buy/sell/trade area, and then parts are even easier to source from these local guys here on this forum......

muck
Approved Member

Post by muck »

jwscab wrote:it's really up to you how you want to finish it transmission wise.

it's already set up for a 6 gear, I didn't look to see if it had holes for the stealth. If you are just bashing and enjoying the car in a non-race setting, the 6 gear is fine, and so is the chassis combination in regards to a tub.

you can still get almost all parts for the 6 gear, either through hobby stores such as tower hobbies(for some items) or ebay. Once you get to enough posts, you can join the buy/sell/trade area, and then parts are even easier to source from these local guys here on this forum......
it is not set up for a stealth. I looked also when i found out what they were..
I did find the gear i needed and bearings on TH. Just not the clutch system. Is there an upgrade conversion for that on this tranny?

My intensions where to throw a smaller EZrun BL system in it to keep it efficient. Then some Tamyia 1.9 paddles. Only time i really get my RCs out is when i am by a beach. My kids are old enough now they have me going other directions..

I have to read the rules on the FS section and how many posts yet.
thanks again for the help. This site came highly recommended and has been a great wealth of info so far.

engr673
Approved Member

Post by engr673 »

Toasted Coastie wrote:front nose plate & shock tower, as well as the rear shock tower are Hot Trick:

Honestly, I think you did pretty well for 30 bones. That ride would clean up nicely.

WOW, you are bringing back some memories!!! i completely forgot about Hot Trick!

muck
Approved Member

Post by muck »

well i am slightly discouraged.
i pulled it all apart tonight. The transmission is missing washers. It needs a lot to be a good tranny. I am missing a few pivot balls for some of the turnbuckles. Some of the turnbuckles are hodge podge..
So i think i may look for anther roller to either steel parts from or use my parts on.

menace
Approved Member

Post by menace »

Fix it up, between this site,(Rc10talk.com), and Ebay, you can get all the parts and all the help you need to make it into a real nice runner.
Good luck!
Greg

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

muck wrote:well i am slightly discouraged.
i pulled it all apart tonight. The transmission is missing washers. It needs a lot to be a good tranny. I am missing a few pivot balls for some of the turnbuckles. Some of the turnbuckles are hodge podge..
So i think i may look for anther roller to either steel parts from or use my parts on.
Dude. Come on. Pivot Balls are CHEAP through tower. In fact, from tower hobbies:

LX2546 Associated Ball Joint Male 4-40 (12) 1 $9.39 (comes with ball caps)
LX2540 Associated Adjustable Tie-Rod Set Turnbuckle 2 $29.98 (all the sizes you need)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RC10-6-gear-tranny-unused-/390249293306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adcaba5fa

muck
Approved Member

Post by muck »

Toasted Coastie wrote:
Dude. Come on. Pivot Balls are CHEAP through tower. In fact, from tower hobbies:

LX2540 Associated Adjustable Tie-Rod Set Turnbuckle 2 $29.98 (all the sizes you need)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RC10-6-gear-tranny-unused-/390249293306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adcaba5fa
LOL, i am not giving it up. The balls are the least of my concerns. But for what it needs and what i want, i think another roller would do the trick for me. Plus leave me with spares..
I saw that same trans too.

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

Rollers are a dime a dozen on the bay. If you don't want the one you have, I'm sure someone here would purchase that one you have for what you bought it for....

In fact, Let me know if you don't want it, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

muck wrote:
Toasted Coastie wrote:

.balls are the least of my concerns.
Glad we got that out of the way :shock: