MRHEMI's 10T Project

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

treehugger
Approved Member

Re: MRHEMI's 10T Project

Post by treehugger »

yellow cap oven cleaner will strip the anno off just dont leave it on to long

Paul

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

nvxwax wrote:
mrhemi1971 wrote:Narrow wheels/tires came in today! BRAND NEW!!! Also got a nicer pan than the one I have, would like to strip the black anno, and get it redone. Also need to get a 10T body. Still in search of white front arms, and white rear arms and mounts.
What are you thinking of using to strip the pan? Im taking a used black pan to work tomorrow and trying a little blasting on it, not sure how it will turn out but i guess ill see lol.
Let me know how that works, I wasnt exactly sure how I was going to do it. I was originally thinking the castrol super clean or purple power. But if media blasting works better I may just do that. Post pics if it works!
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

the chemical process is best....oven cleaner or anything with lye will completely remove the anodizing properly.

media blasting is OK, but will change the surface, and could cause more damage than necessary.

when you get something anodized, the shop will typically do a caustic dip anyway prior to the process to remove all contaminants.

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

it's been a year since I posted this originally, I'm back! and still looking for white front/rear arms, white front bumper and a set of white ballcups, anybody got some?
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

Does anybody know if MrLexan still makes the 10T body? I'd love to find a set of decals as well, so I can complete this truck and retire it in style
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

Rear arms are coming, I missed the boat on the black anno run that waas done a week ago, Maybe we should get more together for another run?
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Try putting a post in the BST area.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Looks like its coming along nicely. Any lead on the white ball cups? I think Mrlexan has 10T bodies, a PM to him is probably the best way to find out though. I would use a rotary tool with a wire brush rotary attachment to clean up the turnbuckles, although it will remove the black anodizing from them,

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I know I have a set ( or more ) of new hex 10T turnbuckles- I'll find them with the T/O ball cups :wink:

Also, I have found that Sam's Club has a liquid grill and oven cleaner under the "pro force" label that is way way better than easy-off and you can totally immerse the chassis at once- on a good and warm day outdoors I can strip a chassis in 10min evenly, with no rubbing or scrubbing ( except wiping the "burnt" stuff off with a soft brush a few times )

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

I've been doing some long and hard thinking the past few days (Smell the smoke?..haha) And to tell the truth, I'd consider selling the truck. Instead of me putting it on a shelf, I'd rather one of you guys get a chance to enjoy it some more, It was always a race truck, never "Bashed" or even crashed much for that matter. Always got new replacement parts if there was ANY wear on it. Comes with both narrow and wide front tires, as well as some spares. Manual is also included thank to noony for helping me out! I don't have a body for it, but I'm sure someone could scrounge one up here somewhere (mrlexan) I'll include the new white rear arms that are coming. It was an original white arm truck, just over time as new parts came out, we changed to newer stuff. I'm still a racer and going to get a new SC10 4x4 for racing, so this one is available to you guys, I'd like to get $125.00 shipped to your door (If you live in the US) If there are any more questions, feel free to ask!
Thanks!
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

My good buddy William (nvxwax) is going to be the new owner! Thanks to everybody for looking!
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

mrhemi1971 wrote:I've been doing some long and hard thinking the past few days (Smell the smoke?..haha) And to tell the truth, I'd consider selling the truck. Instead of me putting it on a shelf, I'd rather one of you guys get a chance to enjoy it some more, It was always a race truck, never "Bashed" or even crashed much for that matter. Always got new replacement parts if there was ANY wear on it. Comes with both narrow and wide front tires, as well as some spares. Manual is also included thank to noony for helping me out! I don't have a body for it, but I'm sure someone could scrounge one up here somewhere (mrlexan) I'll include the new white rear arms that are coming. It was an original white arm truck, just over time as new parts came out, we changed to newer stuff. I'm still a racer and going to get a new SC10 4x4 for racing, so this one is available to you guys, I'd like to get $125.00 shipped to your door (If you live in the US) If there are any more questions, feel free to ask!
Thanks!
you know, we do have a b/s/t here, and you do have access to it.......

mrhemi1971
Approved Member

Post by mrhemi1971 »

I apologize, It was a last minute thought on selling it. I'll make sure to post it in the right place from now on.
ASSOCIATED OR NOTHING!!