Introduction - questions about my JRX2

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Re: Introduction - questions about my JRX2

Post by DerbyDan »

Hi Cpt.America - welcome to the board....

It seems that we are both on a search for a few of those ellusive Jrx2 parts. I got a Jrx2 & a Jrx Pro in a deal with a guy from Holland - the Jrx2 has been well used... but in with the deal was almost enough parts to build a new Jrx2. A few of the missing parts I've managed to get from ebay & a few bits from the good guys on here following a request in the wanted section (you need to earn access to the Buy, Sell, Trade section by posting up enough meaningfull posts)

Its a good job that your chassis is in such good condition.... this is the main part that i'm missing.... & the one on my used car is very worn underneath - the chassis seem to be almost impossible to get hold in new or even in good used condition (i'm looking at getting one re-manufactured)

Like you, i'm also looking for the wing button parts, i'm also trying to keep mine period correct & using the original shock collers - i've now collected 3 that are un-broken :D

I can only advise that you keep looking on ebay - although there seems to be a drought of usefull parts recently - & you just get the same parts being relisted over & over. Also try different phrases in your search e.g 'Losi Jrx2' or 'Losi Jrx-2' or 'Vintage Losi'.... some parts like your wing buttons were the same up to the later XX.

Asking at your local hobby shop, or racers you know is a good idea as previously mentioned..... I used to help out in a Model Shop years ago - I kick myself sometimes as the stacks of boxes full of spares for old cars, which were back then considered 'junk' ..... they would be now worth a fortune!

P.S; If you can post up some pictures of your X2.... would be great to see them.

Cpt.America
Approved Member

Post by Cpt.America »

I can do that! Right now, its in 1000 pieces on my living room table. Im cleaning/brushing/wiping/sanding/greasing every single part on the car, and completely rebuidling it. Im hoping to get it as clean as possible. Im waiting for new chassis screws to arrive, then I can put the finished rear end and finished front end back onto the chassis. Then all I have to do is get the shocks cleaned and operational.
- Team Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

i took a look in horizon, from what i can tell, the original factory rear shocks were a .9" shock shaft, which doesn't look like they carry anymore? the front one is available though(.5 or .6"?).

you could use a 1.0" shaft, with a .1" spacer under the piston, I think losi makes that size. regardless, just use a slightly longer one with a spacer, or slightly shorter one and live with a slightly shorter shock.

the shafts are also 1/8" diameter, so you could probably use an associated shaft as well, though I can't recall if those were a 4-40 or 5-40 thread, which might make the shock ends loose.

I could be off a little, as I am not a losi guy per se, just giving you info based on the simple mechanics of the shock assembly.

Cpt.America
Approved Member

Post by Cpt.America »

In the jrx2 manual, it says the rear shock shafts are 1/8 x 1.655 :? The fronts are 1/8 x 1.350
- Team Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

yeah, they list the shock shafts for the shock sizes, .6" and .9", which if you subtract those dimension from, you get .75" in both cases, meaning the total length of the shock seal is 3/4". I'd use the 1.0" losi shock shaft and use spacers.

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

I have both the modern 1" and the original .9 NIP. held up against each other the cylindrical polished section of the shafts are the exact same length. The threads on the 1" are 3mm or so longer and have less of a taper at the tip, so be careful when threading into older shock ends that you do not go to far and split them. I have had problems with the vintage shafts pulling out of the rod ends on runners, so I prefer to use the new version.