Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flipwils11
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by flipwils11 »

longboardnj wrote: im a little surprised that someone like yourself thats been on this site almost as long as me would make a statement like that. someone makes a comment that you dont agree with you say take a class. this is why i quoted Charlie don't surf cause i know hes a educated person that i can have a debate with .. i thought you were better then that oh well how much do you really know someone online.. the irony is your statement is ignorant and shows ignorance of economics.. how can i explain this to you,economics does not work one way. the best way for you to understand is look up how trader joes food stores is so successful. tamiya frog chassis sold on ebay for $40+ before the rere. now i think you can get a chassis for like $10 . tamiya didnt jack the price to $49 thats my beef with all this . but i bet you would be ok with that cause of supply and demand..

Not sure how to say this in a way that won't be blunt but here goes: please go take a spelling class. its very ignorant to misspell ignorance when your trying to bust on someone..
hope i didnt piss you off too much i try to just give respect but i feel like your pushing my buttons so i push back....
Lol! touché, I deserved that remark on the spelling. I responded too quickly and knew it was blunt, but anyway. I stand by what I said, your statements read more like complaints about Associated's product pricing strategy (last I checked we don't tell them how to run their business) and bringing in your job and income situation and inflation still isn't relevant to how they price their products.

Tried a few times to follow your train of thought on Tamiya and Trader Joes, but it makes zero sense. No more arguing about the pricing though on parts or the kit, jeez. If you don't like the price don't buy it.

I would like a new Ferrari, how dare they price cars outside of my reach? :mrgreen:

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
longboardnj wrote:
LTO_Dave wrote: The street price of the bare bones 6010 with bushings was $129 @ tower in 84'- retail was $225. ($129)(3%x30 years) = $258
My maths give me $129*(1.03^30)=$313.

(and yes 3% is about right http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/images/charts/Inflation_Trends/inflation_by_decade_sm.jpg)

We're actually getting a pretty good deal I'd say! Especially if you factor in TH's 25% coupons :mrgreen:

Now... I understand this is still a decent chunk of money... but then again this hobby isn't exactly cheap either :(
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Funny maths :lol: (129)(.03) = (3.87)(30) = 245. Either way a fair deal no matter how you shake it!

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

flipwils11 wrote:
longboardnj wrote: im a little surprised that someone like yourself thats been on this site almost as long as me would make a statement like that. someone makes a comment that you dont agree with you say take a class. this is why i quoted Charlie don't surf cause i know hes a educated person that i can have a debate with .. i thought you were better then that oh well how much do you really know someone online.. the irony is your statement is ignorant and shows ignorance of economics.. how can i explain this to you,economics does not work one way. the best way for you to understand is look up how trader joes food stores is so successful. tamiya frog chassis sold on ebay for $40+ before the rere. now i think you can get a chassis for like $10 . tamiya didnt jack the price to $49 thats my beef with all this . but i bet you would be ok with that cause of supply and demand..

Not sure how to say this in a way that won't be blunt but here goes: please go take a spelling class. its very ignorant to misspell ignorance when your trying to bust on someone..
hope i didnt piss you off too much i try to just give respect but i feel like your pushing my buttons so i push back....
Lol! touché, I deserved that remark on the spelling. I responded too quickly and knew it was blunt, but anyway. I stand by what I said, your statements read more like complaints about Associated's product pricing strategy (last I checked we don't tell them how to run their business) and bringing in your job and income situation and inflation still isn't relevant to how they price their products.

Tried a few times to follow your train of thought on Tamiya and Trader Joes, but it makes zero sense. No more arguing about the pricing though on parts or the kit, jeez. If you don't like the price don't buy it.

I would like a new Ferrari, how dare they price cars outside of my reach? :mrgreen:
tamiya has high priced reres without full ball bearings thats kinda what i was gettig at with the rc10 comparison .. the whole trader joes thing goes deep into the economics conversation that we both can agree is not a talk fun enough to have ..
just sad (and wanted to vent)cause if they priced that stuff cheaper alot more fun builds could happen. i know if the price was lower id be buying a few nose plates and 1 or 2 chassis but at that price i dont think i will buy any . hope with the rere rc10 some cool aftermarket chassis (and other parts)will come out at a good price so we can see, and do some more nice rc10 builds.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

8) 8)

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

[/quote]

My maths give me $129*(1.03^30)=$313.

(and yes 3% is about right http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/images/charts/Inflation_Trends/inflation_by_decade_sm.jpg)

We're actually getting a pretty good deal I'd say! Especially if you factor in TH's 25% coupons :mrgreen:

Now... I understand this is still a decent chunk of money... but then again this hobby isn't exactly cheap either :([/quote]
you guys are funny .ive never seen so many people honor a price increase .. where were you guys when i was in sales :lol: hey when did the b3 come out,how many years ago? now do your inflation math and explain this .. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBXHN&P=7 rc10 kit price is not too bad with that coupon . hope they keep that price for the team car maybe ill get 1..

WebSteve
Approved Member

Post by WebSteve »

littleVETTE wrote:you did excellent work on the manual and pictures steve. the manual is nearly identical to building your rc10 like the original manual. very nice.

how about making a huge poster of the box art rc10? would look killer on anyone's wall steve! that would be the cherry on top.
I did not do the work in the manual. I stopped making manuals after the B3/T3/GT. :)

As for a poster, come on over and head on to this link, download the picture you'd like, and head on over to Costco or Staples and order a print of your size:

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/RC10_Classic/RC10_Classic_Kit/pictures_videos/

joeman37
Approved Member

Post by joeman37 »

WebSteve wrote:
As for a poster, come on over and head on to this link, download the picture you'd like, and head on over to Costco or Staples and order a print of your size:

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/RC10_Classic/RC10_Classic_Kit/pictures_videos/
Cool I now have a new desktop background...I have been using the default Win 7 ones for almost 3 years because nothing was worthy...until today! :-)

-Joe

uniquenamehere
Approved Member

Post by uniquenamehere »

WebSteve wrote:
littleVETTE wrote:you did excellent work on the manual and pictures steve. the manual is nearly identical to building your rc10 like the original manual. very nice.

how about making a huge poster of the box art rc10? would look killer on anyone's wall steve! that would be the cherry on top.
I did not do the work in the manual. I stopped making manuals after the B3/T3/GT. :)

I call shenanigans on the rear bulkhead... i spy an in board hole on those pictures, and its missing when you look at the individual parts.

I kid, I kid... i'm super pumped that this is being released... you can disregard my first world problem here...

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

The shot of the single rear bulkhead ...... It's there, it's just the way it's photographed, at that angle
the battery cup is blocking it so you can't see it in that photo
Morten Max

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

atarit3 wrote:I hope they don't re-release any other tube chassis, I don't see the need. Plus, it would be more to keep track of. I think one re-release is more than enough.

There's a lot of black chassis cars already out there. Plus, you can just hit the re-release chassis with some black paint if you really wanted to.

I see the re-release like a beautiful replica kit-car. The great looks of the original, but you don't have to be afraid of throwing it hard into the corner.

I agree which is exactly why I'm leaning towards a re-re despite contemplating a used original instead. I like to run my cars and may feel a little guilty bashing an original around a track or my backyard.

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

toyranosaur wrote:Whilst assembling mine, I'll be listening to my girl mumbling "Why do you need another car I thought you had an RC-whatever how many do you need did that come out of the savings account why did you buy a new car that's old seems dumb to me and....." :lol: Chris REC

lol...hahhaaa. I've heard that before so I'm a victim as well. Despite me continually reminding my wife that I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, "party with the boys" or engage in other bad habits I find that I have to justify my hobby when it comes to the purchase of r/c cars. That can't be fair. :roll: :P

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

Lonestar wrote:gotta love web forum economics classes :mrgreen:

net - AE's (or shall I say, TT, but I suspect this is an old-school driven project by Cliff and the vintage-knowledgeable boys) call. If they want to price it $500 and it sells, good for them - it probably would have. If they want to price it $250 and it sells, better for us. They're here to make a living, they aren't an NGO, and even at the price they sell here I don't think they're making that much cash.

Now if someone can find me an original A-stamp chassis in NIB condition and readily available (read- no barn or bargain bin find) for less than $100, I'll buy...

Paul

Agreed, and props to AE/TT for only charging $250 for the re-re when they could've easily justified double that and still sold a lot of them. Granted, I would not have purchased one if the price was over $300 so they probably tried to keep the price lower allowing more people to get one so they can make it up in volume, for sure.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

If the entire kit was made in the USA, it would have been more $, and would have gladly paid for it, I try as much as I can to NOT buy anything made over seas!

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

marlo wrote:If the entire kit was made in the USA, it would have been more $, and would have gladly paid for it, I try as much as I can to NOT buy anything made over seas!
I hear ya and agree. I'm as patriotic as the next American when it comes to certain things but when it comes to saving money especially on unnecessary items like r/c stuff, I'm all for overseas production if it means cutting costs for the consumer. In this day and age of global/international production of all or part of just about everything, it's almost impossible to avoid so we should all be thankful that at least some of the re re is still made here.