== LIVE 2008 Vintage Nationals Coverage ==

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Re: ** LIVE Vintage Nationals Coverage **

Post by tecnica2001 »

There was a car show, we all lined up the cars down the straight away, the cars that were running and the cars that were just for display and then they chose the winners.

I believe a lot of people took pictures of the line up as well as the racers group picture.

I ordered one of those from the local photographer to hang in my hobby room :wink:

That RPM RC10t that Jason(hoopty) was racing was one nice smooth running piece, you could barely hear that thing comming down the straight.

And Anthony's Losi JRX was screaming down the straight, that thing was fast. :shock:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i only took a few pics, but here's one i have of the cars on the track for the concourse judging.
100.JPG
100.JPG (139.67 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
100.JPG
100.JPG (139.67 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
i took the halsey car out for a couple laps on saturday (i'm pretty sure jay has photographic evidence :wink: ). it handled like crap with those aj's/proline tires on the hard packed surface, but it was fun. :mrgreen:

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

mrlexan wrote:More:
Copyof20IMG_4191.JPG
Copyof20IMG_4191.JPG (105.13 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
Copyof20IMG_4191.JPG
Copyof20IMG_4191.JPG (105.13 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
You had many, many opportunities to take a shot of that pose :oops:
I'm going to need to dig out the shoe-goo and some mesh to make a few patches/reinforcements :mrgreen:

uzzi
Approved Member

Post by uzzi »

Looked like a fantastic weekend guys...thanks for sharing. Pretty cool to see all the old school cars scooting around on the track.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

uzzi wrote:Looked like a fantastic weekend guys...thanks for sharing. Pretty cool to see all the old school cars scooting around on the track.
Man, I was surprised at how competitive these cars still are, you couldn't tell by just looking at them that they were vintage racers, I wouldn't mind driving my XX from now on against the newer stuff, it keeps up pretty good.

My 10T is going to be shelfed till next years Vintage Nationals :wink:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

I almost forgot to give a special shout out and thanks to "little Miss tecnica2001," for her great efforts at marshalling during the practice sessions. I certainly kept her busy.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

aconsola wrote:I almost forgot to give a special shout out and thanks to "little Miss tecnica2001," for her great efforts at marshalling during the practice sessions. I certainly kept her busy.
Yep, big thanks to little Tecnica, she saved me a whole lot of leg work during practice. 8)

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

The total count and who drove what was not easy info to compile. I don't think it was documented anywhere (at least not that I was aware of) and I believe the only way around it was going person to person and asking what they were running. Trust me, I thought about it, just couldn't or didn't figure out how to get that info. I was too busy to go person to person.

I don't have but two pics of the concourse judging, cause I was roped into judging..... besides I didn't have a wide angle lense with me..... it took a dump on me before the event. That would have been best to shoot a shot like that.

I will have to see if I have pics of the Halsey car on the track...... either way I can vouch for Scr8p, he did run it. 8)

Anthony does have a new name..... "End Over Anthony" :mrgreen:

Keith, How much are they worth to you? (the high res photos) :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, I haven't applied the time to find a descent photo shop in Huntsville, but I need to. If anyone wants a 8x10 of there car(s) and I have a good shot (I am not posting out of focus stuff) I will get them made and get them to you at cost plus shipping. Just let me know...... I am not looking to make money off of it. Send me a PM.

I will post my fav shot tomorrow..... it turned out being one of Scr8p entry.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

tecnica2001 wrote:
uzzi wrote:Looked like a fantastic weekend guys...thanks for sharing. Pretty cool to see all the old school cars scooting around on the track.
Man, I was surprised at how competitive these cars still are, you couldn't tell by just looking at them that they were vintage racers, I wouldn't mind driving my XX from now on against the newer stuff, it keeps up pretty good.

My 10T is going to be shelfed till next years Vintage Nationals :wink:

Yeah, I'm pretty much just informing the ones who didn't show, cause we all at the track heard it a few times.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mark Westerfield with his team car was pitted up with the resident 4wd cars the week before the VONATS, and not only beat them with a stock motor, but set the new track record. How's that for still being competitive?

sst4b4

Post by sst4b4 »

Special thanx to Mark and john for the great track and also to Erich for the truck!
Steve semeraro

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

a01butal wrote:
mrlexan wrote:Some "Glamour Shots" of mr bngiles entries......2wd buggy and classic
What no picture's of the Sees wheels he's got laying around. Is he selling them?
Here is one set. I bought them off Brandon on Saturday(Thanks Again!!!!!). I ran the stock yellow plastic wheels for practice and all the qualifiers. The aluminum wheels and knockoffs went on (in a rush) for the group photo and I decided to leave them and run them in the Heavy metal main. :D All smiles with this truck :D
Attachments
seeslunchbox3.jpg
seeslunchbox3.jpg (98.07 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
seeslunchbox3.jpg
seeslunchbox3.jpg (98.07 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
seeslunchbox1.jpg
seeslunchbox1.jpg (79.08 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
seeslunchbox1.jpg
seeslunchbox1.jpg (79.08 KiB) Viewed 1049 times

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Mighty sweet looking lunchbox you got there. I've got a set of rears for a Blackfoot same design as those and don't know what to do with them cause I don't have anything that big. They do look sharp on your car!

This is all very interesting!

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Hey Jay, I'd be interested in a print of a good action shot of my car on the track. :wink:

The guy from the track that had all the photos on his computer that was making those cool 8x11's said he had a really good one of my car jumping, but he couldn't find it.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Scr8p i blew up 4 motors (3 in the Thundershot and one that was sort of cooked already in the Comp Craft 10). Thats only compounded by the fact that in 20 years of racing i've NEVER smoked a motor before.

I added the "Car type" line to the entry forms so I have them but they're still up at the shop. I'm going up there to grab the couple things I forgot (the failed wireless router, my cooler... Bill i told you i'd forget it) so I'll post the count in the next couple days.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Scott, noted.... anyone else just let me know.

Erich, if you can shoot me the list of cars with names via email or a scan, or whatever works, I can edit the entry post earlier in this thread.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com