rc10 rear arm mounts

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: rc10 rear arm mounts

Post by GoMachV »

I still can't fathom how companies like rpm and others that have already got the molds (maybe they don't?) can't simply run a batch. How much money could it take to make a run of parts that they could sell at 1.5-2X original price to a thousand people. It would have to be profitable I would think. I wonder if any of it has to do with their "lifetime warranty" on parts? Maybe they would run a batch for a 3rd party with no warranty and possibly no logo.

Getting back to the last comment about producing a mold and having them produced, if it worked before there is no reason it couldn't work now except nobody thinks there would be enough demand. I disagree. If I had the ability (financial or technical) I'd be all over it.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

it was mentioned earlier in this thread that RPM recycled the molds.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Doh! Still, there were others- didn't Andys have some? Robinson had both a tracker kit and fixed arms iirc, and as ugly as they were I bet Hammad Gumman has the CNC program on a 3.5 floppy somewhere. There has to be options.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

It's not really that a run on the parts wouldn't be profitable by itself, it's that it wouldn't be more profitable for a company like RPM to produce those 1000 RC10 parts over adding that 1000 piece order to a run of parts for a modern car. The way the injection molding companies work, each part becomes cheaper the more you order of that part. e.g. RPM could do a run of 1000 RC10 arms and 1000 Slash arms at say $2 a part or just do a run of 2000 Slash arms at $1.90 a part. There's no incentive to do the RC10 arms because RPM knows they're going to sell those extra Slash arms.

RPM would only consider taking up the RC10 arms in a situation where they were already producing 2000 Slash arms but only selling like 700 or so. Cutting the order on Slash parts to produce something else would then be a better investment.

I don't recall whether or not anyone contacted Andy to see whether or not he had his molds still, but now that he's back in business for himself he'd probably be the most open to the idea of doing a run.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Sounds like a great idea. I was close to sending an email but I'm really not great with things like this. I'm more of a buyer than a do-er

I understand what your saying about the volume and discounts. It makes sense, but at the same time I have to wonder if they aren't going to be using the molds (assuming they hadn't been destroyed) would these companies be willing to sell them off? And if so, how hard is it to find a place that can do a small batch of injection molding. I just don't see how we can't overcome these issues with enough support and pressure.
Factory Works website

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

you know, some of you guys want arm mounts so bad, yet i've had a new pair in the bst for a few weeks, and littlevette has had a pair in there for months with no takers, and they're around half the cost of the numbers being thrown around in this thread.

just sayin'............... :wink:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Haha, yeah....I'm just in it for the principal of the whole thing. This is just a gateway to better things for me :mrgreen:
Factory Works website

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

SnoopMaxx wrote:Your actually describing a zero degree Traxxas rear arm mount
like the one used on Nitro rustlers SRT and TRX-3

Integy makes an alloy version

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXZG9&P=7

Here's the 0 degree Traxxas part I used on my SRB build

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJJ60&P=7
and here's the caster wedge
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJH77

Morten
yes !!! thanks for posting the caster wedge too that was going to be my answer for people that need that.. i dont think they fit rc10 chassis ,right?

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

85Edinger wrote:Why do you need toe built in? There are lots of hub carrier choices.
thats what i was thinking..

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

longboardnj wrote:
kaiser wrote:delrin. yup.
so they will be made? who will sell them ? Rouge Element Components? ill wait to see what happens .Rouge Element Components makes some cool looking stuff but i know there has been some fit issues . unless he does 0degree tilt and toe in its real easy to mess this up (what i want so no right and left side plus its the most easy and cheapest way to do it).
i was just casting my vote for delrin > alloy. i'd prefer delrin versions of all the alloy parts, gear cases, arms, mounts, you name it delrin is the better material over nylon and alloy.

SnoopMaxx  It’s my birthday!
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

longboardnj wrote:
SnoopMaxx wrote:Your actually describing a zero degree Traxxas rear arm mount
like the one used on Nitro rustlers SRT and TRX-3

Integy makes an alloy version

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXZG9&P=7

Here's the 0 degree Traxxas part I used on my SRB build

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJJ60&P=7
and here's the caster wedge
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJH77

Morten
yes !!! thanks for posting the caster wedge too that was going to be my answer for people that need that.. i don't think they fit rc10 chassis ,right?
No, the Traxxas wedges are 29mm long and the holes are 20mm center to center
And as far as I can tell, Traxxas is the only ones that still make them

I still have some of the long 12L shims/wedges for the front

Morten
Morten Max

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

kaiser wrote:
longboardnj wrote:
kaiser wrote:delrin. yup.
so they will be made? who will sell them ? Rouge Element Components? ill wait to see what happens .Rouge Element Components makes some cool looking stuff but i know there has been some fit issues . unless he does 0degree tilt and toe in its real easy to mess this up (what i want so no right and left side plus its the most easy and cheapest way to do it).
i was just casting my vote for delrin > alloy. i'd prefer delrin versions of all the alloy parts, gear cases, arms, mounts, you name it delrin is the better material over nylon and alloy.
i dont like anything that holds bearings to be alloy.. the holes in delrin,nylon,plactic parts can be made smaller then parts can be pressed in(by hand or with hand tools).

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

scr8p wrote:you know, some of you guys want arm mounts so bad, yet i've had a new pair in the bst for a few weeks, and littlevette has had a pair in there for months with no takers, and they're around half the cost of the numbers being thrown around in this thread.

thanks. i just bought the 0 degrees from littlevette (sorry scr8p i like 0 degree setup better then 3 degrees) . i dont really need any mounts its just been a long time since i saw a set of rear mounts for sale so i said better get them before they are all gone

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

scr8p wrote:you know, some of you guys want arm mounts so bad, yet i've had a new pair in the bst for a few weeks, and littlevette has had a pair in there for months with no takers, and they're around half the cost of the numbers being thrown around in this thread.

Some of us o not have access to the best forum yet. And trying to get to 25 meaningful post. Trying not to troll or spam to get there.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

you could make more than 1.5 posts a month though. :wink: