SC10

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

Re: SC10

Post by longboardnj »

that sk8 park video made my nite. i search youtube for cool vids like that all the time but never saw that one

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

looks to me like the sc10 wheels have a short outside diameter & a taller inside diameter. so does the sc8 & slash. i can see the purpose of that, but that makes it look like a toy to me. other than that i like this class. i'd rather join a class like this than stadium truck, i like the realism.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

templeofspeed wrote:Video's up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30h-l3dupOA
That video made me laugh, and annoyed me all at the same time.

The "Product development engineer" stretched a T4 chassis, put on a new body and some different tires. What exactly did he engineer? If he's an engineer, then some of those guys over on scalerc4x4rc.org are rocket scientists. Sorry, PC job titles annoy the snot out of me. :lol:

That was one of the worst promo videos I've ever seen. I learned the truck is a stretched T4 with a new body. Surely they can pad it out with some more useful information for those of us who aren't complete morons. They presented the truck in a very dumbed-down fashion, and filled everything in with some decent action shots and horrible music.

But, having said all that, the truck does look pretty cool. How cool would it be to have 4 or 6 of these in an organized race? Very I think. The only thing I don't like about the actual truck are the "thumb knobs". I like to have "body clips to lose" because "thumb knobs" belong on toys, and I have yet to lose a body clip that holds down a battery. Cool truck, horrible presentation.

The dumbing down of this hobby is very discouraging.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

MelvinsArmy wrote:The dumbing down of this hobby is very discouraging.
x2

atleast it's a kit. i'm sure the rtr won't be far behind, though. :roll:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i preordered from rpphobby.
i'm gonna use the electrics out of the rpm10t i ran at the vintage nats. speed passion gt with lipo.
i kinda wish it came as a roller so i didnt have to build it... but at least its got the gear diff.
MelvinsArmy wrote:Cool truck, horrible presentation.
i'm pretty sure i know what the back of associated's shop looks like now. :wink:

its nothing new...
those of you that have seen the old rc10gt instructional vhs tape know what i'm talking about...
:lol:

i tried to find it on youtube but i couldnt. it would be awesome for somebody to post it if they could.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

thanks for vid post.. ive been waiting to see it with the body off.. like the longer chassis id like to run it with a brushed motor and 9 cells.. maybe they will make a kit to convert my t4 so i can run 2.2 t4 wheels (plus i have boxes of 2.2 wheel and tires)i think they are running slash /like wheels. i hate wheels like that..why cant they make wheels 1 size..
Attachments
nnnooooo.jpg
nnnooooo.jpg (16.45 KiB) Viewed 803 times
nnnooooo.jpg
nnnooooo.jpg (16.45 KiB) Viewed 803 times

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I noticed the wheels too. I didn't think it was a bad idea actually. You have the high profile outer for scale looks, and the low profile inner to give you the performance of a low profile tire. Not sure if that was AE's thought process, but it was mine.

FasterLouder
Approved Member

Post by FasterLouder »

badhoopty wrote:
templeofspeed wrote:Video's up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30h-l3dupOA
i wonder if they will hold up to this kind of abuse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hG2nIUegA&feature=related

some of that skatepark stuff is really cool. like jumping from bowl to bowl.
It's even more fun on a skateboard! :lol:

I'm buying one of these...THIS is what I've been waiting for. :D
All The Way Alive

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

your right ,i just dont like the wheels like that, your talkin to captin old school.. i like my 2.2 stuff(ive got over 20 years of it).wish they just put 2.2 proline dirt works on there with nice scale looking wheels..this way i could use all my extra stuff like. track tires,old school big spike (play)tires, and paddels... oh well this thing still looks great
Attachments
old school.jpg
old school.jpg (56.37 KiB) Viewed 789 times
old school.jpg
old school.jpg (56.37 KiB) Viewed 789 times

FasterLouder
Approved Member

Post by FasterLouder »

Whaddaya know,some Short Course racing just popped up on the TV next to me...I've never bothered to watch full scale Short Course stadium truck racing,before,only RC! :lol:
Awesome...US$179 is a great price for the SC10,I just wish the exchange rate was better :(
All The Way Alive

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

MelvinsArmy wrote:I noticed the wheels too. I didn't think it was a bad idea actually. You have the high profile outer for scale looks, and the low profile inner to give you the performance of a low profile tire. Not sure if that was AE's thought process, but it was mine.
i think it's more because the small diameter of the outside of the rim wouldn't clear the hub carriers, castor blocks, etc. but, the small diameter was needed for the scale looks. if the rim was the same size inside and out (small), the arms would've needed to be shortened, and performance would've suffered.

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

longboardnj wrote:your right ,i just dont like the wheels like that, your talkin to captin old school.. i like my 2.2 stuff(ive got over 20 years of it).wish they just put 2.2 proline dirt works on there with nice scale looking wheels..this way i could use all my extra stuff like. track tires,old school big spike (play)tires, and paddels... oh well this thing still looks great
if 2.2" wheels fit i would much rather use those tires. i love the scale appearance, but i just don't like the "toy wheels". i'm sure if i could race it with 6 others just like it, i'd forget about the wheels though. i've raced trucks for nearly 20 yrs, this is what they should've looked like from the beginning imo.

anyone think these & truggies will kill the stadium truck class?

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

badhoopty wrote:i preordered from rpphobby.
i'm gonna use the electrics out of the rpm10t i ran at the vintage nats. speed passion gt with lipo.
i kinda wish it came as a roller so i didnt have to build it... but at least its got the gear diff.
MelvinsArmy wrote:Cool truck, horrible presentation.
i'm pretty sure i know what the back of associated's shop looks like now. :wink:

Not sure where it is but, that's not the back of Associated's shop.

As for the truck?...........Meh! :|

AscotConversion
Approved Member

Post by AscotConversion »

Get ready. i think you are going to see a lot of manufacturers jump on the bandwagon. Traxxas is now printing money in the basement, and everybody wants in on the action...

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

if 2.2" wheels fit i would much rather use those tires. i love the scale appearance, but i just don't like the "toy wheels". i'm sure if i could race it with 6 others just like it, i'd forget about the wheels though. i've raced trucks for nearly 20 yrs, this is what they should've looked like from the beginning imo.

anyone think these & truggies will kill the stadium truck class?
i dont think this will kill off the stadium truck class just make another class (the reason i stoped racing, too manny classes what was once a nite of fun became a day of waiting) they tried this class before but it was too much money. remember losi xx4 truck body/kit(jk racings pic) plus associated made a nice baja truck body. i liked these kind of trucks so much back in the day i made my own to run in my local tracks obstacal course(a run anything class) i took an optima mid put on 2.2 truck wheels with striker street tires and a baja truck body (like jk racings pic)but it never caught on ... i do like the cheaper 2wd stuff now (slash/sc10).. cheap,n easy is what we need to keep this hobby alive. along time ago a friend said to me, i think this stuff is cool but just too much money so i showed him my almost new tamiya mad fighter said here you go give me$20 now he has over 10 rcs
Attachments
losi truck.jpg
losi truck.jpg (4.33 KiB) Viewed 718 times
losi truck.jpg
losi truck.jpg (4.33 KiB) Viewed 718 times