RPM RC10T Find

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

johnqpublic
Approved Member

Re: RPM RC10T Find

Post by johnqpublic »

templeofspeed wrote:
johnqpublic wrote: Upon further inspection, it appears that my front bulkhead and front body mount are AE parts (remember, this is my 1st 10T). Neither piece has the RPM logo.
The body mounting posts are RPM, although they appear to be the current type not the OG style.
I hoping to get some time this weekend to tear into this thing and see what other suprises I can find! I did notice one other thing last night. The shelf that the ESC is on appears to be a "bent" piece of graphite. Is this something that was actually manufactured? I've never seen this and I sure hope its not the remains of a hacked up graphite tub!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

there was a company that made cf esc shelfs. but, i don't remember their name.
johnqpublic wrote:
wyldbill wrote: actually i thought that scr8p was the one that got it. dirt oval guys have lots of cool stuff just laying around and they tend to sell it off prety cheap, some one got 2 tub chassis on there for like 10 bucks and one was a worlds tub,missed that one too.
yup, he got to the rpm truck before i did. but i got to the tub chassis' first. a decent looking used 10t tub, AND a brand new milled worlds tub for $25 shipped. :shock: :mrgreen:

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

so now you're gonna be able to finish that (I hope) unsold and unfinished World's car and keep it (hope again) :?: 8)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

johnqpublic wrote:Upon further inspection, it appears that my front bulkhead and front body mount are AE parts (remember, this is my 1st 10T). Neither piece has the RPM logo.
i know there's a couple guys' on the forum have built, or atleast own an ultra molded truck. rpm had 4 different kits.... 2 buggy (entire kit, and chassis only), and 2 truck (entire kit, and chassis only). now i have an entire buggy kit, which came with all with everything rpm except the caster blocks, steering knucks, and rear shock tower. simply because stock rc10 would work. i had to get the steering enhancement kit and worlds rear tower seperately. i don't remember exactly what all came with the "chassis only" kits, but i think it was just the chassis, rear bulkhead and supports, front brace, battery cover, the little lid brace that mounted to the bulkhead, hold down clips and the steering bellcrank. this kit was suited for a person that already had the worlds conversion front and rear kits on a tub chassis. they could use all of their existing parts and put the right on the ultra chassis.

now i never owned a truck kit, so if i'm wrong, someone can correct me......... :wink:

the truck chassis only kit would've been the same as the buggy with what came with it. the entire kit would've been different from the buggy. unlike the buggy, all of the stock rc10 suspension parts will mount the ultra molded truck chassis...... mainly the front bulkhead and rear arm mounts. so, the didn't need to put rpm mounts in with the kit, or the rear hub carriers. which is why yours are stock asc parts. it did come with the rpm arms, though.

edit: the more i think about it, the entire truck kit would've come with the rpm front bulkhead. your truck might have started life as a chassis only kit.

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

the rpm truck kit I have is all rpm here are some pics. truck is also forsale on ebay if your interested Item number: 370125415631
Attachments
000_0014.jpg
000_0013.jpg
000_0011.jpg
000_0008.jpg
000_0003.jpg
000_0005.jpg

johnqpublic
Approved Member

Post by johnqpublic »

scr8p wrote:i know there's a couple guys' on the forum have built, or atleast own an ultra molded truck. rpm had 4 different kits.... 2 buggy (entire kit, and chassis only), and 2 truck (entire kit, and chassis only). now i have an entire buggy kit, which came with all with everything rpm except the caster blocks, steering knucks, and rear shock tower. simply because stock rc10 would work. i had to get the steering enhancement kit and worlds rear tower seperately. i don't remember exactly what all came with the "chassis only" kits, but i think it was just the chassis, rear bulkhead and supports, front brace, battery cover, the little lid brace that mounted to the bulkhead, hold down clips and the steering bellcrank. this kit was suited for a person that already had the worlds conversion front and rear kits on a tub chassis. they could use all of their existing parts and put the right on the ultra chassis.

now i never owned a truck kit, so if i'm wrong, someone can correct me......... :wink:

the truck chassis only kit would've been the same as the buggy with what came with it. the entire kit would've been different from the buggy. unlike the buggy, all of the stock rc10 suspension parts will mount the ultra molded truck chassis...... mainly the front bulkhead and rear arm mounts. so, the didn't need to put rpm mounts in with the kit, or the rear hub carriers. which is why yours are stock asc parts. it did come with the rpm arms, though.

edit: the more i think about it, the entire truck kit would've come with the rpm front bulkhead. your truck might have started life as a chassis only kit.
Thanks for the rundown. I still wouldn't mind finding the white RPM parts. I'm hoping that I'll have a little time tomorrow to start tear-down. I see RPM still has the body mounts in blue...or are they different now? I'm thinking those, blue rod ends, blue hardware, etc.

Are there any bodies still available to fit a 10T?

How hard is it to find the 3-piece rear wheels....I'd like to match the narrow fronts.

jesse8931
Approved Member

Post by jesse8931 »

I have a set of front and rear stock rc10t rims in white there in great shape.