== LIVE 2008 Vintage Nationals Coverage ==

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

Re: ** LIVE Vintage Nationals Coverage **

Post by scr8p »

same here.... the one i corked on saturday was my first. i've burned up a bunch of slot car motors though. :lol:

i'll be sending you a pm in a minute.

sst4b4

Post by sst4b4 »

Yeah dont worry Erich i wont tell my motor guy about the motor i gave ya !!!!!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Little miss Tecnica2001 (Kelly) was more than happy to track marshall during practice runs :D she came in Sunday morning ready to work, she had her sneakers and shorts on.:D

As soon as we got there on Sunday, she asked me if she could go "flip the cars over" hopefully I can have her truck ready soon, so she can start driving her own r/c on the track :wink:

I'll tell her you guys said thanks :wink:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

call-911
Approved Member

Post by call-911 »

mrlexan wrote: Keith, How much are they worth to you? (the high res photos) :mrgreen:
How about I pay with the suggestion of starting an RC10talk wallpaper repository. I'll submit some of my own too!
Keith C

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

mrlexan wrote:I will post my fav shot tomorrow..... it turned out being one of Scr8p entry.
hopefully.... i wasn't in the act of wrecking at the time you took it. although, i did do some print worthy cartwheels. :lol:

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

dont worry scr8p i burnt up 2 green machine 3's at birdsboro, damn loose windings, youre not the only one to burn up motors. it was cool as hell though to see smoke pouring out the back of my truck just like the big cars. i think the one went 3/4's of a lap puking out smoke it was freaking awesome. everybody loved it, except me, it looked very realistic.

nikonianmike

Post by nikonianmike »

Here is a link to photos I took. You guys might like them.
http://gallery.me.com/mtritchonis#100135

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

nikonianmike wrote:Here is a link to photos I took. You guys might like them.
http://gallery.me.com/mtritchonis#100135
Welcome to RC10talk! Thanks for taking those photos and sharing them with us. Those 8x11 prints you were making at the races were awesome! 8)

jackman

Post by jackman »

mrlexan jackman is second pic. not lone ranger :cry: thanks
jackman

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

jackman wrote:mrlexan jackman is second pic. not lone ranger :cry: thanks
jackman
changed it for ya.

i assume the other tom was Lone Ranger, if i'm wrong please pm me.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i'm both happy and sad that i'm finally back home. it's one of those times you will never forget, actually racing the rigs we all show off and talk about, and meeting old friends for the first time.

it was totally worth driving almost 2k miles just to meet everybody who went. the actual racing was just icing on the cake, and for a complete newbie i'm really happy with how i ran, except for an little boo boo in truck qualifying that shall be known as the pancake indident... 8)

holy cow was it hot and humid there friday & saturday. i was sweating like a whore in church, it was so bad one of the regulars came over and said i could use one of the fans. it didnt bother me at all besides the occasional whiff of the bum sweat aroma coming from my already kinda skanky ballcap and dripping down onto the inside of my glasses when driving or marshaling a few times. i'm not washing my 10talk shirt. its going in a freezer bag, and when i'm feeling nostalgic i can open it up and take a big ol' wheezy whiff of the wonderful funk of the '08 vintage nats.

honestly there couldnt have been a better 'first time' for me racing. everybody was really really cool and it was total validation for geeking out over these things for the past 9 or so years. i just cant describe how cool it was hanging out with everybody just working on cars and shooting the breeze.

erich, the track owners, and all the guys working at the track and the local guys were awesome. i felt like a regular by the end of friday, it's a shame the place is so far away, they're good people up there.

this pic tells you all you need to know about erich, aka mr. magic smoke. :wink:

BIG thanks to tecnica2001's little girls for being track marshals during test and tune time. besides being the nicest and most well mannered cuties ever, they were also really short, which was nice. :wink:
templeofspeed wrote:My fave pics so far are 'hoopty's rubberband glue ring and the resulting fact that it didn't hold. Different when you're not racing on the shelf. :lol:
what you are seeing are my duratrash wheels self-destructing. as i improved it happened less and less, and tim (covell2) hooked me up with some uber tweaked b3 wheels and tires sunday.

i cant help myself with this candid, somebody takes his sleep very very seriously. 8)
consider it payback for taking a pic of me looking like barney fife on the driver stand. :wink:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

oh and btw i think our hotel had ladies of the night working the lobby... :shock:

too bad jay was in the room. :mrgreen:

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Found this pic on RCtech.net.

Drivers' group picture, :wink:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

sweet pic.

just some dudes from the forum... :roll:

little vette one more strike and you are out. as a matter of fact i should go thru your old posts as i'm sure theres some more of you being a complete tool that i and the other mods overlooked. i'm not going to have some lamer come on our board and dumb it down by being an ignorant backtalking internet wiseguy.

surferdave71
Approved Member

Post by surferdave71 »

very cool guys, for some of us that couldnt make it, sure do appreciate the pics, wish i could of made it, hopefully something next year?, super sweet concours, some beautiful rc10's, hope you guys had a great time, sure looks like a ton of fun.