Schumacher help needed !

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

stulec52
Approved Member

Schumacher help needed !

Post by stulec52 »

Does anyone have any pics and/ or info of the 4wd electric Euro Champs that Craig Drescher won for Schumacher?

I think 93 ish.
Was the car that went on to become the EC.
I'm trying to build another Schumacher replica to along with project Masami !

I especially need to see the body, in colour, so I can try to replicate it.

AD-RS1600i
Approved Member

Re: Schumacher help needed !

Post by AD-RS1600i »

Wow there's a question ! I thought they won there European title with hte EC around 1995/6 - to my knowledge the 93 cat was the first car departing away from the ProCat Bosscat design with normal up rights for the shocks.

I owned a Cat 2000 back in hte day, and it was unbelieveably good, I did wonder what a EC would be like to race today, because when they were in their pomp 4wd at least in England was properly dieing out :( So I never remember it looking properly uncompetitive..

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

I don't remember Drescher winning the euros with it, But I do remember Jukka Steenari winning the euros with it ( I think :), and that car becoming the E.C.
And as far as the car being competative, at the Worlds in Basildon, the only car that was faster than us was Masamis yokomo. We qualified 2nd and 3rd (our 2nd place qualifier was DQ'ed because of a BS motor infraction). I think we had 3 or 4 cars in the A main. The cars remained competative up untill the current series of cars. I finished 2nd in the Modified class at the Reedy Race Of Champions in 1998 (just before retiring from offroad) and was easily the fastest car in the main as I started in 10th position and ran all the way up to second (one more lap, and I might have had the win :) I had this car from the time it was released as the E.C. and it saw very few changes.-Jeff

stulec52
Approved Member

Post by stulec52 »

yes, Steenari won it the next time, but Craig won it in Austria in 94 with Jukka 2nd.
in fact Craig won 2wd as well !

I do have one pic so far from RRC November 94
Maybe someone has Model Cars from around the sme time?

I wouldn't mind doing a Steenari replica too, as now I've started, I'm thinking title winning cars, Worlds, Euros ( Scottish champs - long story) would be a fun way to use the chassis and new bodies I have !

stulec52
Approved Member

Post by stulec52 »

Also,
JayDub,
you peaked my interest :
http://www.teamlosi.ru/results/1998/reedy98.htm

NICE work !

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

Wow, thanks for the link! I am always looking for race results. I was never very good about saving them when I was young. I do regret it now. I also regret selling most of my race winning cars. I have become a bit of a collector now that I am older and have money to spend on such things (restoration projects that is).-Jeff

stulec52
Approved Member

Post by stulec52 »

Jay Dub wrote:Wow, thanks for the link! I am always looking for race results. I was never very good about saving them when I was young. I do regret it now. I also regret selling most of my race winning cars. I have become a bit of a collector now that I am older and have money to spend on such things (restoration projects that is).-Jeff
Oh that sounds oh so familiar !
About the only original thing I have is the body from the CAT 2K TC that I won the Scottish on road champs with in 95 ! although even that was sold, but I happened to see it back on e-bay a few years later, I bought it back, and was delighted to find the guy had never even put it on a chassis ! still all my decals and everything ! superb. That rather started my race collecting theme. Plus same as you, I was a bit sad about selling everything, although at the time it was the only way I could afford a new car.

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

I had a similar experience. I sold the cat 2000 EC about 5 years ago to a guy overseas. And then Just two months ago I saw it on e-bay. It still had the same body and it wasn't in too bad a shape. I almost bought it, but as it sits I have too many projects, to justify one more.-Jeff

AD-RS1600i
Approved Member

Post by AD-RS1600i »

Wow, the knowledge on this forum is staggering!! - thanks for the info..

I know what you are saying about old cars, I only raced up to competitive club level but still I have some great memories but at the time when I was a young teenager the need for money for hte next car always overode any attachment too the car sadly :(

My all time favorite car I sold was a MK2 Nitro 10 - I probably made the best one that ever existed because I was working at Schumacher at the time and had free access to search for exciting upgrades in amoungst the parts bins :) It had a two speed, a great big heat sink to cool it, and a pro diff with all the best parts in it, a RC10 style tank ( a proper kti Schumacher made wierdly?)- Still gutted I sold it to this day :( you couldn't build another one today......

I'd love to buy another Cat EC, a really elegant car :)

stulec52
Approved Member

Post by stulec52 »

I have a CAT98 I can part with, very similar to the EC.
I do have a new in the box EC as well, but that's a keeper !