Team Associated RC200 Ad

The place for digital versions of specific articles and ads.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Team Associated RC200 Ad

Post by Dangeruss »

1978 would see Associated Electrics release their third 1/8th scale vehicle, the nitro powered RC200. The new design brought with it a lighter hourglass shaped fiberglass chassis that was less susceptible to tweaking compared to the previous aluminum version, with the plastic front bumper and floating electronics tray carrying over from the RC100. A new machined aluminum font axle would replace the previous steel crossbar assembly and the steering system was now more robust in construction with aircraft style threaded tie rods and spherical ends connecting the steering arms to a larger spring-loaded servo saver. In the rear a new aluminum Power Pod would attach the motor and direct drive assembly with its 8mm axle to the fiberglass chassis. Also new was the RPM-Associated disk brake system replacing the prior models drum brake. Also included in the kit were nylon wheels with foam tires, full bearings, and a new high downforce wing with detailed instructions on its use. A motor and body were not included:

Associated RC200 Ad.jpg

Associated RC200 Ad 2.jpg

1911Colt
Approved Member

Re: Team Associated RC200 Ad

Post by 1911Colt »

Did these cars have a differential? I am thinking they didn't...

Edit: @RC10resto anticipated my question by a decade or so :lol: I found this in another thread. The standard kit did not have a diff, but they were available from AMPS. He posted these instructions:
Attachments
Capture.JPG