What are your plans with your re-release RC10T?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 truck re-release.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: What are your plans with your re-release RC10T?

Post by GoMachV »

I will know more if my dyno ever arrives, lol. The no load spec is 32k at 5a for the 12t and 24k at 3.7a on the 17t. If all goes well I would love to have dyno sheets for them but getting a very old Facts Machine dyno going might be a challenge.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

joey_zrl
Approved Member

Post by joey_zrl »

mikea96 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:12 pm The early 10t with narrow wheels came with hard anodized shocks with metal caps. I would keep the metal caps on them and save the plastic caps.
Thanks for the clarity on the team shocks having the black metal caps. That works out, since the Fan RC cap threads have a different pitch.

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

I plan on building mine for light running. It'll get full bearings for sure, and thats it, box stock! I had the idea of picking up a modern 13.5 combo for it since it is technically a modern release kit, but instead Im going to use electronics that I still have from back in the day, a novak m5 rewired with three 12-gauge wires in place of the original four and a refreshed peak performance mod motor (either a marauder, rick's pick, or saint). I was a budget airtronics guy so I had a xl2p am radio with my original 10t but all I currently have available is a b3/t3 era 94357 servo and m8 so thats what is going to go in it for now.
Old school racing all the way!

joey_zrl
Approved Member

Post by joey_zrl »

I haven't really thought about a decent servo yet. I was thinking I'll just throw in a standard Airtronics 94102 to putter around with since I'm using a brushed esc/motor and not racing it.

I have a new HW XR10 Justock 17.5T BL combo and a coreless low-pro servo I could throw in it. But to me, installing BL in a 10T just wouldn't seem right. 😁

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

My only plans so far are plastic front wheel nuts. :lol:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

GoMachV wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:13 pm My only plans so far are plastic front wheel nuts. :lol:
You know, I was just reading about that in the rc10 40th thread and thought, "jeez what a bummer......." Didn't even cross my mind to think that are probably using the same axles for the 10t kit as well :x
Old school racing all the way!

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

carloco8 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:50 am
GoMachV wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:13 pm My only plans so far are plastic front wheel nuts. :lol:
You know, I was just reading about that in the rc10 40th thread and thought, "jeez what a bummer......." Didn't even cross my mind to think that are probably using the same axles for the 10t kit as well :x
The 40th looks to have original style trailing axles.

I was hoping that the truck would have the early style (steel hex) inline axles but they look like the later aluminum ones.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yeah looks like aluminum which is tongue in cheek why I was saying plastic wheel nuts. It wouldn't surprise me if AE would tell customers to put steel nuts on. Lol
Factory Works website

Ronbo
Approved Member

Post by Ronbo »

I plan on taking the modern stuff i put on my Cliff Lett tribute build to save it from damage and put the modern shocks etc on this Re RE. Esp since I have not gotten around to running the Cliff Lett tribute, which is a good thing. I may or may not paint the chassis tub, not sure how well that would work in my hands.... i know I would have to paint it white then FLo red

https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=46957 https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39576&p=505804&hilit=ronbo#p505804

Dustydrone

Post by Dustydrone »

I ordered one directly from Associated and a second one pre order at tower to hedge my odds. I'm hoping to build one and leave the other in the shipping box.

Rumor has it that AE will start shipping by the end of the week. :D

Garage Hack
Approved Member

Post by Garage Hack »

I am going to powder coat the chassis red, get the FanRC hard anodized shocks, and some JConcepts parts. Other than that, not sure. Just knew I wanted one!

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

what are you getting by ordering the AE kit? Why not buy a used 10t and the rest of the parts from jconcepts and fanRC?

Most any reasonable chassis will look good after a sandblast and powder coating. The shocks will be a good chunk of the price.

All you’d be short is a set of skinny wheels, front n’ rear arms.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Since I already have seven 10T's, I can't justify buying the kit. Same thing with the 40th.

Now if they re-re the TQ10 or coffin car, I'm in.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

80sRunner

Post by 80sRunner »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:37 pm There's a thread around here somewhere in which the FanRC shocks are being discussed and there was some talk about the thread pitch of the bodies/caps. It's different or the same as the originals? Anyway, I'll go look for that thread. AE plastic caps might not fit Fan bodies. But I'm not sure of that.
Edit: here's where I read that "tidbit"
https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?p=558890#p558890
I was looking into black anno shock caps. Was the pitch differences intended or a mistake from Fan RC?

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

80sRunner wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:36 am
TRX-1-3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:37 pm There's a thread around here somewhere in which the FanRC shocks are being discussed and there was some talk about the thread pitch of the bodies/caps. It's different or the same as the originals? Anyway, I'll go look for that thread. AE plastic caps might not fit Fan bodies. But I'm not sure of that.
Edit: here's where I read that "tidbit"
https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?p=558890#p558890
I was looking into black anno shock caps. Was the pitch differences intended or a mistake from Fan RC?
Intentional. Given how perfectly FanRC has replicated every other feature, it would have been relatively easy for them to replicate AE's cap thread form and pitch.
Doug