Geforce Genova

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

will5879

Re: Geforce Genova

Post by will5879 »

JosephS wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:23 am
will5879 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:46 pm Holeshot to Stinger to "my way"... Changes from stock: RCPS Turbo Mirage from my RPM '91 Worlds Car, AE wheels, full ball bearings including steering rack, 15T pinion, 5000 cSt diff fluid, AE 27.5wt rear shock fluid, and some lead weight in the front bulkhead. Stock electronics and a 3S LiPO.
What rear wheels did you use? pins or hexes?
Modern hex

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

The weather finally cleared up enough to let the kid loose with this.
This is a really great car. It's too bad that they discontinued it.
I put a 6cell 2000 nimh in it and let the little one loose. Straight out of the box, tho only thing I did with switch the 1040 speed control to the nimh jumper.

It can get a bit of air, seems rugged enough that I wasn't wincing when a running into walls. The ride high is a bit low for bashing around, so I threw some truck tires on it to get it a bit more clearance.

The servo seemed plenty responsive and strong, the motor wasn't struggling at all, even with the larger tires and running on grass. The radio control was responsive. The battery lasted about as long a my kids attention span so this seems to be just right.

It's a bummer that this was dropped. Even at $150 this would be a really solid car.

iosigma

Post by iosigma »

Hey all, I bought one of these a while back. I had seen them on Facebook (geforces page) and thought it would be a good entry level car just to run and bash around. Like someone said early, I like the rear motor just for nastalgia. I’ve built multiple car by many manufacturers over the years including, associated, tamiya, yokomo, kyosho. Losi and axial. Also have a couple of Traxxas and HPI and Ofna. All of my race cars are associated. This maybe one of the easiest kits I’ve ever built. The shocks are pre built and oil is included, I used associated oil. The tranny is also pre built. CVD’s are solid in construction and pre built as well.
Tires are already mounted on the wheels as well. I probably spent two hours building this kit. The plastics are higher quality and feel better than that on tamiya kits. The shocks are actually really smooth out of the box and the suspension moves very smoothly.
The tranny does remind me of a Traxxas design.
I have a Reedy 510r speedo and a 13.5 reedy sonic brushless motor.
Also running a protek servo. I’ve had it out with a couple of packs through it and really like how it handles.