From this

to

dinglem
Approved Member

Re: PB buggies. Post your pics.

Post by dinglem »

:shock:
pb spares.jpg
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

I just won a PB on eBay but I'm not sure if its a mini mustang or a maxima , what are the key differences between them ?
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Dadio wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:51 pm I just won a PB on eBay but I'm not sure if its a mini mustang or a maxima , what are the key differences between them ?
Amongst other things:
- Mini Mustang has the same upper and lower arms front to rear, full chassis, ball joint hubs, and coarse pitch belt.
img154_01102014013235_2.jpg
img154_01102014013235_4.jpg
- Maxima has different lower arms front to rear, thin chassis with undertray, threaded rod or turnbuckle top links, C-hub front suspension, and coarse fine belt.
img154_28122011065737_5.jpg
img154_28122011065737_9.jpg
Maxima is very similar to a Tamiya Manta Ray in suspension design...

Of course, all the Maxima parts fit on the Mini Mustang, which can make things harder.... :roll:

Hope that helps!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

From that description its pretty clearly a mini mustang , full chassis and same arms all round , thank you , not sure witch I was hoping for but its the mustang I remember not the maxima and the performance difference means very little , I do like the maxima body better though .
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Quick question , is there any issue fitting a Maxima body and under tray to a Mustang ?

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Dadio wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:39 pm Quick question , is there any issue fitting a Maxima body and under tray to a Mustang ?
You may need to check the fitment around the rear arms, as the Maxima uses a slightly different setup compared to the Mini Mustang. You might also want to check the chassis shape, as the Maxima is obviously completely different to the Mini Mustang. Hopefully someone who has done this mod will chime in....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Thanks Alex , I was just thinking that the Maxima fibre glass chassis and the Mustang sit at the bottom below the lexan under tray that it would make little difference , I had not thought about the rear arms though , the front of the rear Mustang arms is nearly 90° from the centre line much like the Maxima though so it might not be a problem .

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

I'm trying to understand the workings of the 2 speed transmition from looking at the components , now I'm a mechanic by profession and I understand fully the principal where the 1st gear drives through a one way roller bearing until the centrifugal clutch engages the second gear , what I'm trying to understand is how some of the small parts are fitted and their function , I'm guessing that the two screws connect the two shoes with the little springs and can be adjusted to tune when the gear changes , the bit I'm not 100% on is the metal collar with two grooves in and the two tiny ball bearings and set screws , do the ball bearings sit half into the shoe and half into the collar grooves retained by the set screws and transmit the drive ? Or can anybody explain it better , I expected the clutch shoes to be retained by a pin at the end to swing on but its not like that at all .

Mike73
Approved Member

Post by Mike73 »

Thought it was time to reignite this thread and throw up a couple of pictures of my PB Ace. As I've posted elsewhere I'd love to recreate the mid motor PB Ace at some point, very little information to go off other than the one pic in an early magazine which showed the prototype car with the mid motor, more on that on my other thread so for now i'll let pics of this beaut do the talking. Will see if i can add more as file size seems to be an issue...
IMG_7602.JPG
IMG_E6754.JPG

winner_evo
Approved Member

Post by winner_evo »

I thought I posted mine here :oops:

Mini Mustang 2 speed

I've swapped the Novak receiver for a Futaba R-102H mini receiver & it has a Demon King motor, Futaba 131SH servo & MC110 speed control.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

One I've been working on for a little while.... been enjoyable putting a PB back together, after so much time.
MM41.jpg
This one has a Factory Works brand new reproduction chassis plate, and 3d-printed bumper mount and rear wing / body mount.

So far, so good!
Osiris is the key.

Mike73
Approved Member

Post by Mike73 »

Here’s a picture of a PB Mustang Eco, firstly one I had as a kid and then another located recently its all original even tyres are new unused, love it :mrgreen:
8D896908-F18F-49B3-B947-8FAE33EDFB77.jpeg
Attachments
41AAE327-3D01-4E5F-B361-E046F360D20F.jpeg
2D117255-2068-4E8D-903A-56E4292F434D.jpeg

Retro rc
Approved Member

Post by Retro rc »

Mike73 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:52 am Thought it was time to reignite this thread and throw up a couple of pictures of my PB Ace. As I've posted elsewhere I'd love to recreate the mid motor PB Ace at some point, very little information to go off other than the one pic in an early magazine which showed the prototype car with the mid motor, more on that on my other thread so for now i'll let pics of this beaut do the talking. Will see if i can add more as file size seems to be an issue...

IMG_7602.JPG

IMG_E6754.JPG
Wow brimod shocks, demon motor and shiny rw Ali wheels…….. is this dinglems second account? 😂

Mike73
Approved Member

Post by Mike73 »

Retro rc wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:02 am
Mike73 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:52 am Thought it was time to reignite this thread and throw up a couple of pictures of my PB Ace. As I've posted elsewhere I'd love to recreate the mid motor PB Ace at some point, very little information to go off other than the one pic in an early magazine which showed the prototype car with the mid motor, more on that on my other thread so for now i'll let pics of this beaut do the talking. Will see if i can add more as file size seems to be an issue...

IMG_7602.JPG

IMG_E6754.JPG
Wow brimod shocks, demon motor and shiny rw Ali wheels…….. is this dinglems second account? 😂
He's missing an Ace.... :lol: