10LSO Resto (Video added)

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: 10L Resto with a couple of questions

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

RC10resto wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:11 pm Loosen up the diff and soak the Foams in some sauce.
Leave some tracks on that Court :!:
Thanks Brian, yes I think the tennis court will definitely be a much better than any surface I have tried in the past and may work well with the above treatment on the car. It is pretty new with a very nice surface and huge! Which is weird because to the best of my knowledge they don't have a very big tennis program... They have a new track also which is made up of that soft, flexible grippy asphalt stuff for lack of a better term. It is huge of course, but not very wide. Even the fastest of cars couldn't turn many laps in 4 minutes on it. maybe 1. The best part will be going there while school is in session and all of her friends looking out the window and saying "Emily, isn't that your dad out there playing with that toy car??" :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

lol...that would be funny!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Upon closer inspection I'd like to replace the nerf bars, the screws and possibly the bumper. Everything else is pretty much like new(or can be after clean-up), outside of tires and rims of course. Are the nerf bars across the line all the same dimensions as far as screw holes go? i really don't want to buy a white bumper and dye it though. I may just clean this one up a bit around the trimmed edges.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:15 pm Upon closer inspection I'd like to replace the nerf bars, the screws and possibly the bumper. Everything else is pretty much like new(or can be after clean-up), outside of tires and rims of course. Are the nerf bars across the line all the same dimensions as far as screw holes go? i really don't want to buy a white bumper and dye it though. I may just clean this one up a bit around the trimmed edges.
I’ll do some digging, I know I’ve recently seen some new or like new carbon nerf bars. Cover postage their yours.

Edit: that was a lot easier to find than I thought. Send me a PM with an address.
592D0152-EF02-4824-822E-EF2B95BC59A1.jpeg

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Thanks again Todd! I scored these TRC capped tires a few minutes ago on ebay. Hopefully they fit properly. Pretty pleased with them if so.
Attachments
20201222_202359.jpg
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I like purple in general, but the spur gear and servo mounts will be replaced. Anyone have any idea who makes the servo mounts in the original pic? I really like them, but need black. I'm also wondering if there is a good set of general Associated screws to buy anywhere? I know RC Screwz and such, but I'd just like a general assortment of large, small, hex, Philips and in between for general restoration rather than a set for a specific kit. Or if there is a specific kit set that just happens to have a good assortment that would be fine too.
Ken

GeneralZod
Approved Member

Post by GeneralZod »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:47 pm I like purple in general, but the spur gear and servo mounts will be replaced. Anyone have any idea who makes the servo mounts in the original pic? I really like them, but need black. I'm also wondering if there is a good set of general Associated screws to buy anywhere? I know RC Screwz and such, but I'd just like a general assortment of large, small, hex, Philips and in between for general restoration rather than a set for a specific kit. Or if there is a specific kit set that just happens to have a good assortment that would be fine too.
https://www.fastener-express.com

They have aluminum hardware but don't have any in the AE gold variety. I mainly use stainless steel for areas that need extra strength and for extra bling. As for the servo mount, you could strip the anodizing and polish or just spray black engine black paint. The paint with the ceramics in it gives a stronger coating and a matte finish.

I wonder if anyone has tried to dye spur gears to another color? Hmm, I might try that on a few pink ones I have.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Nerf bars just showed up, they will fit perfectly. Thanks again Todd! And thanks for the heads up on the envelope! :lol: :lol:
Attachments
20201224_111450.jpg
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Well, I had one of the original Nissan GTP bodies in my cart on ebay for a few days and put off buying it for whatever reason thinking they had plenty and now I guess they're gone. You snooze you lose I guess... :( Saved me $45 I suppose.
Ken

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:51 pm Saved me $45 I suppose.
That’s the exact thing I say to myself when I forget about an auction I’m watching and contemplating bidding on. Just happened last week.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:51 pm Well, I had one of the original Nissan GTP bodies in my cart on ebay for a few days and put off buying it for whatever reason
worried about possible Tude?
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

TheDiamondOne
Approved Member

Post by TheDiamondOne »

Just drink a shitload of beer and pull trigger. Deal with regret in the morning.
David, The artist formerly known as coxbros

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Isn't that what Kenji does every night :?: :P :lol:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

coxbros1 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:54 pm
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:51 pm Well, I had one of the original Nissan GTP bodies in my cart on ebay for a few days and put off buying it for whatever reason
No. :lol: I just wasn't 100% sold it was what I wanted. It seems a bit oversized. I'd rather have something with a tighter fit honestly... Certainly not my first time saying that. :lol: I have a different idea now. :mrgreen:
Ken

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:53 pm
coxbros1 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:54 pm
No. :lol: I just wasn't 100% sold it was what I wanted. It seems a bit oversized. I'd rather have something with a tighter fit honestly... Certainly not my first time saying that. :lol: I have a different idea now. :mrgreen:
I know a guy that has a spare Protoform Peugeot 905B body sitting around...... :P
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!