Yokomo Works '91 Drescher Edition

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flustorm99
Approved Member

Re: Yokomo Works '91 Drescher Edition

Post by flustorm99 »

Hi, is that a fibrelyte body and upper deck? Looks awesome.

Also do those nylon bulkheads come in black? I have one on my wcs 91 but i am thinkinh it may be from a YR4? Not sure how to tell the difference?

Also are your front a arms drescher parts or stabdard for a 91? I have a pair of those and a new set that have the shock mounts built into the arm and was wondering which arms was stick?

Anyway like everyone says on here you know your stuff and from what i have seen you have amazing examples of the Yokomo buggies! I am new here and these threads are making me want to learn more and gradually build up an arsenal like some if you guys have as the Yokes have something very appealing about them! Apart from the price tag that is.

Dual
Approved Member

Post by Dual »

Hi Flustorm99,

Welcome to the RC10Talk community. You have come to the right place. Lots of great people with and knowledge around here. I am not sure if your questions were directed at me or generally but here goes-
Hi, is that a fibrelyte body and upper deck? Looks awesome.
The chassis and upper deck look to be made from Fibre-Lyte material Twill Weave. I can't confirm though if Fibre-Light produced these parts for the masses or if they were produced in small numbers.
Also do those nylon bulkheads come in black? I have one on my wcs 91 but i am thinkinh it may be from a YR4? Not sure how to tell the difference?
The bulkheads on my car are machined nylon and as far as I know, they were made only in white material by MMS. I think you are correct in thinking the versions on your WCS 91 are from the YR-4 as Yokomo eventually produced black nylon bulkheads to replace the aluminium versions. Keep an eye out on eBay for the white versions as I have seen both the SRS and MMS versions available at times.
Also are your front a arms drescher parts or stabdard for a 91? I have a pair of those and a new set that have the shock mounts built into the arm and was wondering which arms was stick?
The front arms are Drescher items on my car. The versions with the shock mounts built into the arms are Yokomo OEM versions. I am curious as to which versions of Drescher arms you have as they were released in 2 different guises. Standard length and short length (like on my car). Are the arms you have both the same length or is 1 set shorter than the other?

Keep the questions coming and look forward to seeing some photos of your cars and parts.

Vin

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

flustorm99 wrote:Also do those nylon bulkheads come in black? I have one on my wcs 91 but i am thinkinh it may be from a YR4? Not sure how to tell the difference?
The Drescher bulkheads are machined in white nylon.Black moulded bulkheads are from the YR4.
The Drescher front and rear arms are machined from flat grey delrin sheet and look like this.
drescher arms.jpg
The short front arms use Kyosho Optima front knuckles and C-hubs, and a smaller shock mount. The rear arms weren't often used as they have a similar geometry to the kit arms.

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

Thanks for responses Dual and Terry.sc...c i new i came to the right place!

As for my front a arms i will have to check. I think i did a rough comparison the other day and i think from memory they are the short ones...i think...sorry it was a quick check and a whole bunch of things just dawned in me when i was looking at this. I have a hybrid 91 that has most of the 91 gear cept the chassis and the alumnium bulkheads ( as i mentioned i now realise the front 1 is from a YR4 and the rear i am not sure...how do u tell the diff between alloy and magnesium ?that may be a dumb question so sorry in advance) . Managed to get a new 91 graphite chassis and upper deck + the correct shocks and a tcs for the rebuild( although i know the tcs is for the 93'... As i say i am learning and grab stuff then realise i didnt really need to grab it...as i learn more! But its not a bad bit of equipment to get if you can...right...:))

Anyway i will post some pics of my attempt at a rebuild but i dont think its anything like what you guys have. I will try and get it as stock as i can. I may need a hand here or there if thats ok. You all know waaaay more then i do.

I have 3 870's and the hybrid 91....1 870 is my original i bought back in about 90' and has only been run on the road so is still in brand new nick, gave it a new body/undertray and paint job and it looks ok for a first attempt in 20 years! The 91 i got from england and is pretty much how i got it, cleaned it up a bit but intend to rebuild it and just stocking some parts. My other two 870's were purchased as spares from a friend (+ enough second hand parts to make another) but they were in fairly good condition so became runners...cleaned them a bit but intend to re-do both of them when i get the time...plus like a spoilt child i want more Yokes so ....i dare say i will have alot of rebuilding on my plate. I basicaly cleaned them all up and got them running, now i am on phase two which is make the runners a bit more refined and back to stock and fix some if the dodgier elements of the cars.

Happy to post pics if anyone is interested.

I would really like a carbon fibre deck now after seeing yours!

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

flustorm99 wrote:I would really like a carbon fibre deck now after seeing yours!
If you want Fibre-lyte carbon weave parts, they are still available.
http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/cars/yokomo/yokomo1.html

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

Uh oh here goes more money........thanks mate.

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

Hey Terry, am i blind as i dont think i can see the 91' chassis on fiberlytes site? Or do i have to ask the specifically or is it as i say...i am blind...

Thanks

Dual
Approved Member

Post by Dual »

Hi,

The Fibre-Lyte parts Terry was referring to that will suit the Works '91 (and '93) can be found following this link-

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/cars/yokomo/fl_yz10w93.html

They are not identical to the parts on the Drescher car shown at the beginning of this thread but will work well nonetheless. The top deck is an improvement over the stock design as it offers support for the front shock tower and is also wider providing added rigidity to the chassis.

Vin

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

Thanks mate...i was thinking that would have been the closest option

I will be back from hols soon so will measure up those arms for you and snap a pic. I dare say they may be the same as yours though.

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

Hey dual, ends up my front arms are the short dreschers like yours. I will post some pics soon. I did pic up a works 93 that has the long arms though, will post a pic tomorrow if your interested. They are both runners so a little banged up.

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

Ok so here are the Drescher arms I have, as I said a little banged up but they are for runners anyway..the first ones are among standard yz front arm, andys front arm, drescher front arm and then the 91/93 front works arm
IMG_3706.jpg

the second pic is the comparison of the short and long drescher arms...the longer one is on the works 93 I picked up
IMG_3785.jpg
Sorry it took soooo long to post...been busy building...things..!

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

Always worth a revisit! Love this thread. :mrgreen: