Was the RC10 WC Re-Re A Dud?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ca-rj
Approved Member

Was the RC10 WC Re-Re A Dud?

Post by ca-rj »

So the kit came out to the excitement of everyone here, but was anyone else excited? The original price was dropped from $279.99 to $199.99 (and I remember seeing it as low as $189.99 at one point) to move inventory (my guess anyway). I just saw a brand new built car sell on Ebay for $150 which prompted to wonder if this kit was a dud. Do you think Associated sold the amount they were hoping to? Did the transmission fiasco hurt sales enough to make it an issue?
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

clm
Approved Member

Re: Was the RC10 WC Re-Re A Dud?

Post by clm »

Well no one is rushing to buy it because it was not labeled "Limited Release". The original re-re was surrounded by the buzz that only about 2000 were made.

Chris
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I think it's just fallen to where the demand dictates. It's 'off' enough to make some collectors reject it. And if it stayed at the starting price there are better current offerings.

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

even though i like the 10, if not for the first rere, id have bought a b5. The worlds really didn't do anything for me beyond getting some parts available again.

jkelm24
Approved Member

Post by jkelm24 »

Hopefully it's not thought of as a 'dud'. It added some additional excitement to the vintage scene and brought some needed parts back to the market. It also serves as a good choice for someone wanting to buy something off the shelf that they can run in their local vintage class.

Many new products are initially sold at high price to cover production start-up and distribution costs before eventually leveling off in price.

I also agree with some other comments in this thread. Aside from bringing the Stealth tranny back to market, it really didn't offer a lot to the vintage scene.

Most people that want to run an RC10 in a vintage class already have one, or have thousands to choose from. Although, if starting from scratch, it's probably cheaper to pick up a Worlds kit than it would be to piece together an OIN CE or Team car.

The 6036 might have generated more excitement as a rere, but if AE's intent was to offer a production car that people could race in their vintage class, the Worlds car is competitive right out of the box and hits the mark perfectly!

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Is the worlds car discontinued now?

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

Still shows as a current car in Associated's website, once they disc a car, if off that page asap, and in the disc section right away. Like the 44.2

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Not sure on that question but they must have sold a heap of parts since they first re released the classic... I know at least three guys from our tiny club bought the worlds or both and the scorpion and they had no experience with vintage except for the ones I always run or when we host a Tamiya club day... I think it has opened up a new market of guys who don't like or want to chase down used parts or complete vintage cars and that is always a bonus. I hope the 10T is next for AE and then if they keep the parts coming that would be sweet...

Daryl Lane
Approved Member

Post by Daryl Lane »

So who bought these 10's?

Just people from sites such as RC10 talk or did it attract new people into the group? I have not seen an increase in our RC10 hop-ups so I am not sure they are being raced?

So was it like the Hot Wheels 2 year flash where they were going up up up till you could not give them away?

Just some thoughts.
Old is more FUN

Team A&L know it all - really :)

LINK TO TALK A&L Off topic/Chit Chat http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31149

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Dud :lol: .... J/K, I just wanted to add a little negativity, to a widely accepted car. Bring on the 10T :twisted:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

kind of a dud imo. it didnt and doesnt feel as special as the goldpan did.
and then theres the topshaft fiasco.

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

part of the idea was to bring it back. but also to get parts back on market so people running vintage, or can keep shelfers. or just build one and have part support. because original parts were getting expensive. and people still play with them.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I know I'm happy they made it, I purchased three so far!........ Don't tell Terri! :shock:

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

In my area as many newbs to vintage bought about the same as us vintage tragics...

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

slotcarrod wrote:I know I'm happy they made it, I purchased three so far!........ Don't tell Terri! :shock:
Same price as the RC10 RE kits I bought from you Rod? If it is, I will take one for sure!