Anybody here named walid?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

shoman24v
Approved Member

Re: Anybody here named walid?

Post by shoman24v »

badhoopty wrote:i will say with the utmost confidence since ive cracked open a worlds re-re and started building it over the weekend, that the re-re worlds kit isnt as good as the orginal. forget ebay prices and whatever somebody wants for an original worlds car, im talking about the quality of the kit itself.

im very dissappointed in the reworked and redesigned stealth transmission. its garbage and its a shame that alot of people were probably excited as hell to finally be able to afford a worlds car, and got a halfassed product.

i know its lame of me to trash talk an associated product on an associated fan site, but damn… how many stealth transmissions has associated produced over the years? you would think they couldnt possibly screw it up, and yet… they completely screwed it up.
Serious question. What makes the re-release stuff so bad and garbage?

Need more than they completely screwed it up.
| XXT | XXT 'CR' Graphite Plus | RC10T | RC10T2 | RC10 World's Re-release | HPI Blitz ESE | Schumacher SV2 |

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

shoman24v wrote:
badhoopty wrote:i will say with the utmost confidence since ive cracked open a worlds re-re and started building it over the weekend, that the re-re worlds kit isnt as good as the orginal. forget ebay prices and whatever somebody wants for an original worlds car, im talking about the quality of the kit itself.

im very dissappointed in the reworked and redesigned stealth transmission. its garbage and its a shame that alot of people were probably excited as hell to finally be able to afford a worlds car, and got a halfassed product.

i know its lame of me to trash talk an associated product on an associated fan site, but damn… how many stealth transmissions has associated produced over the years? you would think they couldnt possibly screw it up, and yet… they completely screwed it up.
Serious question. What makes the re-release stuff so bad and garbage?

Need more than they completely screwed it up.
Begin researching- http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=34024 and again, don't have a single re-re part or kit, but lots of original NOS stuff...that doesn't have any of these issues.

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

Hmmm... my kit has no issues that I've found. I haven't ran it yet though.

I dunno?
| XXT | XXT 'CR' Graphite Plus | RC10T | RC10T2 | RC10 World's Re-release | HPI Blitz ESE | Schumacher SV2 |

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Have you built your trans yet? Can you spin it without pliers?

Check out my thread here showing the old vs new cases
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=36121

See the difference!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Couldn't tell you personally- but I'm either reading 86 pages of whiney brats, or 86 pages of documented complaints and pictorial evidence of issues experienced with the worlds re-re kit.

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

gomachv wrote:Have you built your trans yet? Can you spin it without pliers?

See the difference!
Maybe I just got lucky, but my car doesn't have the problems other seem to be having. Silly me though, I did put black greas in the gears. I forgot you don't do that.

See my video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3JLrx49g4k
Charlie don't surf wrote:Couldn't tell you personally- but I'm either reading 86 pages of whiney brats, or 86 pages of documented complaints and pictorial evidence of issues experienced with the worlds re-re kit.
I'm not saying the complaints aren't there... I'm just saying I have no issues with mine.

Anything is possible.

Oozzee
Approved Member

Post by Oozzee »

I have built 2 x Words Re Re's both purchased at the same time, 1 transmission was perfect and smooth, the other was for lack of a better word, Non Compliant
both cars had different faults and imperfections through out the Build. I put it down to a Friday/Monday Job, having said that they are not with in a bull's roar of the earlier stealth kits.
The Dreaded 7 - 10 Split

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

shoman24v wrote:
gomachv wrote:Have you built your trans yet? Can you spin it without pliers?

See the difference!
Maybe I just got lucky, but my car doesn't have the problems other seem to be having. Silly me though, I did put black greas in the gears. I forgot you don't do that.

See my video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3JLrx49g4k
Charlie don't surf wrote:Couldn't tell you personally- but I'm either reading 86 pages of whiney brats, or 86 pages of documented complaints and pictorial evidence of issues experienced with the worlds re-re kit.
I'm not saying the complaints aren't there... I'm just saying I have no issues with mine.

Anything is possible.
Sorry if I come off as dense, but what possibilities? The possibility that your kits integrity was a fluke, or that others experiences are blown out of proportions? Like the re-re...I have no dog invested, but your words leave a lot of possibilities-

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

Anything is possible - meaning people probably got bad stuff or a bad batch.

It's sad that molded parts can't be made correctly sometimes.

hondaman
Approved Member

Post by hondaman »

Well I thought I would chime in as I bought a Re-re Worlds when they came out, which was also my first RC10.. I was one of the ones who had a bad top shaft.. The machining was off and made the slipper back plate rub on the motor mount.. I contacted AE and got a replacement at no charge.. Fixed the problem.. Otherwise I had no real problems with the case.. I did have a rough gear in the trans but I ran mine on a stock brushed motor for 5 min at a medium but constant speed and it loosened up nicely.. Moves almost as easily as my Losi JRX-2 LRM transmission now..

I guess I must have received a "good" kit.. I just think that the QC was not up to snuff.. It does happen especially with companies getting parts made in another country and have less access to the manufacturing process (actually know some people that have had car parts manufactured in "that" other country).. I took it with a grain of salt.. I personally can't say which is "better" as I never had an original Worlds RC10 but I think this was overall a good kit.. I got some of the modifications (steering, CVD's, 2.2 wheels, slipper, long front arms, shocks) I would want to put in my own build and it cost me less this way and in one purchase.. Maybe I'm just easy to please.. :oops: :lol: :lol:

I did wish it came with tires but that wasn't a big deal.. :roll:

Shawn
my $.20 (inflation ya know :mrgreen: )

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

I didn't read the kit contents - I thought I knew that kits were minus electronics.

Then I saw no tires and was like, really :roll: another $30 in tires. I get the original didn't come with it, but really lol.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Didn't notice if it had been mentioned that the original Worlds tub and nose were made of higher grade aluminum. 2024 vs 6061 on the re-re.

To me that makes the original more desirable, and therefore worth more than the re-re.

hondaman
Approved Member

Post by hondaman »

shoman24v wrote:I didn't read the kit contents - I thought I knew that kits were minus electronics.

Then I saw no tires and was like, really :roll: another $30 in tires. I get the original didn't come with it, but really lol.
$30 for tires?? I got my ProLines for $15 on sale from Ebay.. :?
phin wrote:Didn't notice if it had been mentioned that the original Worlds tub and nose were made of higher grade aluminum. 2024 vs 6061 on the re-re.

To me that makes the original more desirable, and therefore worth more than the re-re.
Now this I haven't come across.. That is some nice info.. Thanks Phin.. 8)

Shawn

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

I'm slightly incredulous at this discussion that borders on a flamewar, all over a bunch of plastic R/C car parts. :shock:

That said, apparently Associated's quality control is not particularly brilliant.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

my re-re worlds had the bad idler gear that made the gears bind, and an incorrectly machined topshaft that let the slipper contact the motor plate.

wasnt too happy with that… but the orignal beef was over the fact that a true associated worlds car is the orginal, which was for the most part made here in america. the re-re is a copy, which for the most part is made my communists.