Anybody here named walid?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

shoman24v
Approved Member

Re: Anybody here named walid?

Post by shoman24v »

I’m not saying you are wrong with the nostalgic feel of the car. And yes, you can say the heritage is there on something that has that age. I’m not discounting any fact that the original car changed racing, and in a good way.

Now, I understand this will always be an opinionated argument. Those who have held on to these cars for so long see value and deem them as sought after. I don’t disagree one bit. I’ve been wanting a RC10 for so long (though not the buggy, I prefer the RC10T). When I saw that the World’s car got re-released, I jumped on it. When was the last time you got to see a brand new, original, RC10 World’s for under $300? I didn’t have to pay an insane amount, and what I got was brand new – Even updated! (Some will disagree this took away from the car) I prefer the old is new concept, to some level. There are some that prefer to keep it vintage, I don’t disagree. How you want to make your car yours is up to you.

As someone who grew up wanting an RC10 but caught them at the tail end of their life cycle… this was refreshing. That was until I saw the insane prices people were asking for parts after I bought my RC10, parts that are still made to this day. Some can argue that the older car is better made because it’s American made – I say yes, to some extent. Too many eBay ads say ‘not the cheap China stuff’. I think people are reaching for a reason to argue that… If it wasn’t for Associated bringing the car back, parts would be much harder to find, and much higher in cost. As for the quality of the car… my guess is, most won’t tell the difference if a re-release was outfitted with the certain non-updated parts: IE make a re-release look exactly like the old car.

It’s quite sad to see people try to profit off these cars and their parts. I don’t mind paying a bit more for a part, maybe $10 for a $5 part. But when parts are 10x the cost… let’s be serious now. These people are the ones who are driving the vintage market down and make it difficult for those who want to build/race these vintage cars. By asking a ridiculous price, it’s almost as if you don’t want to sell… you’re just waiting for someone to take the bait.

I know there are some who have held on to the cars and finally want to sell who don’t think the cars have dropped in value, but I think I linked a great example that reinforced what I said. A very good condition vintage RC10 World’s car that only got to $171. I don’t think I would sell for that price if I bought higher or was the original owner, but the market dictates the cost and I don’t believe some have quite grasped that yet.

I purchased a vintage, almost brand new RC10T for Under $100 shipped with an unpainted body, Associated stock motor, speed control, and receiver – It was a Sport model which I’ve already updated to a team car, and one I plan to further update/upgrade. Call me crazy, but that’s a deal. If Associated re-releases the RC10T, I will buy that too. I’m a fan of the sport, and the hobby – But I won’t pay astronomical amounts for parts.

I apologize if I came off rude, and maybe I’m not as informed about the cars as I think. But I did provide a solid opinion on the subject at hand. I enjoy the hobby and love seeing what people do with their cars.

Thanks,

Walid
| XXT | XXT 'CR' Graphite Plus | RC10T | RC10T2 | RC10 World's Re-release | HPI Blitz ESE | Schumacher SV2 |

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Well I guess he's here, round one...
image.jpg

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

There's no fight. The whole reason this started was because I made a comment about the prices people were asking for cars. You know, like the guys asking almost a grand. Some got a little hurt, hence why one of the members said '$15-$100'. My stance was that since the car was re-released prices on vintage cars have dropped. Whether you want to agree, that's different. I only backed up an argument with actual prices on recently sold cars.

RC10 World's used - $171.00

Vintage Gold Pan NEW - Buy it now $675
No one even bid at the starting price of $475

Near new Vintage RC10 - $102

Then you have the outrageously priced cars like this 1992 Team Car for $750. I would like to know why this is that expensive. I guess you could argue that this car hasn't been re-released... I guess. I'm not saying the car is worth $250 - If I had to buy, I would say $350-$400 shipped.
| XXT | XXT 'CR' Graphite Plus | RC10T | RC10T2 | RC10 World's Re-release | HPI Blitz ESE | Schumacher SV2 |

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Wasn't involved in the facespace thing, nor do I care about that site- but you should consider that you written 'beef' is other people's 'profit margin' which I can't see how that pertains to you, since that's their business...and not yours. We've had others that think that part A should only be worth X over retail, and that's a fine stance. I own 2 diesel vehicles, diesel takes less energy to refine and is used in larger quantities than gasoline...so I think on a supply and demand based global economy that it would be cheaper than gasoline. But that doesn't make it so. If you think prices are out of line, continue not to buy. Otherwise enjoy the parts! But don't get sour that others hold different values than you, that's just closed minded.

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

I agree - I plan to stay out of this stuff because I'm not here to make people angry :D Best I can do is offer a price for a product.

When I want to sell something, I don't put reserves (rarely, and usually low) and I always start my items at $1.00. I've sold many extremely hard to find items for not a lot of money. Some items I've done great on, some... may have not been worth selling. It's the nature of the beast. I have faith that people will pay what they want 8)

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Like ass holes, we all have opinions, some are just bigger than others. :P JKing!

I see no problem with voicing an opinion. :wink: Freedom to not like a price, freedom to price your own item.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

shoman24v wrote:I apologize if I came off rude, and maybe I’m not as informed about the cars as I think. But I did provide a solid opinion on the subject at hand. I enjoy the hobby and love seeing what people do with their cars.
dont apologize and dont say 'if i came off rude', you know damn well you came off rude.

i replied to your post that the original and the re-re are the same car. they are not the same car. one was produced here by an american company with pride and passion, and the other was produced overseas, in china, by an international corporation.

if you dont see the difference, thats fine… nobody is forcing you to consider buying an original worlds car for more than you feel they are worth and you are obviously happy with the re-re, so why even bother to give your comment on it in the first place?

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

I made my point.

I'm done.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33HhhDCEhTM
[youtube]33HhhDCEhTM[/youtube]

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

slotcarrod wrote: :P JKing!
Why you bring me into this Rod? :lol: :lol:
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

proffesso
Approved Member

Post by proffesso »

i dont mind bidding wars with people...its a matter of who wants it more.

I do find it crap when people have reserves/bin for several times what it was worth. generally happens after a bidding war and they chuck up thier car/part hoping to make a buck.

now, while I do find it crap, its their gear...let em do what they want. i dont tell people they are asking too much, I just let them go on their merry way.

personally im not in this hobby for a profit, ive sent parts to members here for no cost. I dont think ive sold a model yet. hell, I pass up cars I *could* easily part out or re-sell for a profit, purely because they are not on my list of cars I want. hopefully karma swings my way eventually, though its not looking likely :lol:

that said, if I did send someone a car, and they put it on ebay a week later, I would be really, really dissapointed.
I'm a retro radio control hipster - I only like the stuff no one bought!

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

kinda same as professo. , hell many things i have bid on ebay, i have have lost, just ause i know it has or might sell for alot, ill bid around what i have seen it for, or max i want to pay, if guys want to bid and need it that badley. go ahead. I have gotten a ton of stuff, granted i bought parts. and know da,mn well i could quadruaple my money. But a member sold it to me in generosity. and im not here to screw anyone. I traded with BEar and he offereed way way more than what i traded him. but he is happy, and so am i. When it comes ot this forum. i would rather trade parts then try to make a buck. as said before. Karma. But i have seen car prices here better than ebay. and better quality. and i know there was better brains in the building of the car.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i will say with the utmost confidence since ive cracked open a worlds re-re and started building it over the weekend, that the re-re worlds kit isnt as good as the orginal. forget ebay prices and whatever somebody wants for an original worlds car, im talking about the quality of the kit itself.

im very dissappointed in the reworked and redesigned stealth transmission. its garbage and its a shame that alot of people were probably excited as hell to finally be able to afford a worlds car, and got a halfassed product.

i know its lame of me to trash talk an associated product on an associated fan site, but damn… how many stealth transmissions has associated produced over the years? you would think they couldnt possibly screw it up, and yet… they completely screwed it up.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

It seems pretty odd that they made two different versions, one type for the kit and one for purchase/parts. I don't have any re-res or parts, but I think that I have heard good things about the 'regular' non kit stealth Trans.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yup, from what I hear it's is the same mold as bitd. I snagged a few from associated just in case they go away
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website