94 yz-10 with options!

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rccars4sal
Approved Member

94 yz-10 with options!

Post by rccars4sal »

Recent score. I narrowly missed another as well,, but one cant be greedy...Has this interesting shock absorber chassis. Euro version?

stickboy007
Approved Member

Re: Euro Pavidis?

Post by stickboy007 »

Yooooooo! That's a '97 Pavidis Edition. Very rare.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11039&hilit=1997

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Ah very cool. So its the last version of the yz models and a transition to mx4. Hoping to find a cheap mr4bx. As its the transition to bmax... rccar evolution is cool.

pedro
Approved Member

Post by pedro »

nothing real Pavidis about it just the 97 top plate on a yz10 would be fun to have a drive of though

peter

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

As Peter says - this looks like a 94' YZ10 thats had the 97 model shock absorber top deck fitted... I can't see if the shock towers are made of carbon or not, but they look like regular Pavidis items - the 97' run out model YZ-10 has longer towers I believe?

If this was an original Pavidis car it would have had a different (more 'holey') chassis & the TCS layshaft (slipper & one way) - that car also came with teflon coated AE shocks - the shock on this car look like Traxxas?

Here's a link to Pedro's thread on his beautifull 97 model YZ-10 'Pavidis' http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19503

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Yes, the arms, chassis, and lack of TCS are dead ringers this is a vanilla YZ10 94 with the later towers from the 95, and 97 top deck fitted I'm afraid.

lee

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Allright, I think its a little more figured out now. Appears to be a 94 chassis, with 93 rear tower in carbon fiber, and a 95 WCS front tower in carbon fiber,, with the 97 top deck. Shocks are associated grey(teflon?). One aluminum stand off seems out of place, but will check today if theres another hole for it.

For the price I paid, it may as well be another plainvanilla 870c! Im stoked to have a later model FINALLY. Was really hoping it was a 97 model. In browsing pictures, its very cool to see the changes made between models, and the transformation to MX4. I think the 97 is alot like a a kyosho zx-S in that it represents the last version of old, mixed with hints of new, just before the radical new models(mx4- zx5 respectively) were introduced. I may indeed try to mill this into a 97 anyway.

Sssoooo,,, anybody got some 97 towers and camber supports I can copy?

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

Oops. I'm surprised I didn't catch those things. That's what I get for staying up until 2AM. Must've gotten thrown off by the top deck...

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Was really hoping it was a Pavidis! However, not disappointed at all that its not.

How do you guys get the aluminum posts un stuck from the screws? Looks like this cars hardware is corroded together,, or possibly super glued? The screws are not budging from the aluminum threaded posts.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

if it's stuck really hard, you can hold the end on a firm benchtop and tap down on a screwdriver in the screw on the other end to help loosen. otherwise, you might be able to heat up the standoff with a soldering iron if it's been loc-tited. stuck hardware is a nightmare sometimes.

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Yeah if its really bad some non marking grips will save your post from being carved up by regular pliers, last gasp, drill out the countersunk screw head, and then rag out the remaining thread with pliers, I've done that a few times and as long as your careful, it works a treat!

lee

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

All taken apart to major sub assemblies. By the time this is posted, I have it all washed, and sprayed with silicone. Will re assemble tomorrow. I havent sourced any new parts for it. As far as I can tell, they are more rare than mx4/mr4 parts,, and so,, this model will be as is(built though) for a while.

naushad
Approved Member

Post by naushad »

I've had to drill the screw head off...tough business!

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

The way I got the posts un stuck is this: I grabbed them with pliers padded with a rag, then turned the chassis around the post, thus loosening the screw. This managed to break the screws loose, then they came out with a screw driver easy. In the rebuild, I found 2 bent turn buckles, leaky shocks, gritty diffs, and a shredded rear belt. Thats it. The rest of the car although scratched, is tight, and ready for more action. I call this one a runner! Will post pics later.

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Very simple rebuild. Not many parts on this car!

Some things I noticed: Its got some kind of "works?" steering set up. Same cranks as older models, but now with a carbon plate instead of a bent wire, and then another carbon plate on top for stiffness. The shock thing on top makes a great belt tension adjustment. Front and rear towers are definite upgrades from the Yokomo parts bin. The diffs came back really smooth. Shocks just need a new seal on top, and are pretty much perfect. Some sticker goo along with ca im sure on the wheels. That crud aint coming off without some serious scraping. Oh well,, New sticker dots would fix that pretty well.

Bottom is in good shape. I will fab up some bumpers eventually. Hoping the works 93 lipo trays will fit this chassis as well. If so, then thats 1 more thing already done.