Looking for some 10T identification help

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Quartermilecrazy

Looking for some 10T identification help

Post by Quartermilecrazy »

I have been a member here a while but only lurked until now. I usually find everything I need.

A long time ago I purchased an RC10T, I am pretty sure it was a 7011, or 7035 kit, but I am not sure. It is a black C stamped chassis, but it seems that all other parts (arms and towers specifically) are T2. I know the kit was purchased very late in the production, in fact the T2 may have been released when I bought it.

It has a stealth trans, thin black arms, black towers, 3 piece wheels (wide fronts only) I dont remember if the kit came with bearings or bushings. It was sitting for a very long time, then decided to make it a runner, but now I am thinking about restoring it. This is where I am having difficulty. I am looking for parts on that internet bidding site but when I go to the original exploded view to find part numbers all the parts I am finding are white parts. I am going to buy as many parts as I can directly from AE, but there is some stuff I am going to have to find elsewhere.

And with the newly painted T2 body

And what it looks like in runner form, 3/16" axles, and I am currently in the process of renewing the D4 motor. I am gonna stick with vintage electronics in it, even though it has brushless setup in it right now.
Enter witty comment here

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: Looking for some 10T identification help

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

YES,that is the last style or version of 10T released and T2 was out then also.Alot adds on posts say 10T but are T2 ,t2 different chassis but the frontend and rear arms and hubs and axles and shocks work on both.

Yours has the heavyduty technocraft turnbuckles you dont see to often,BUT OTHER THAN THAT,STILL LOOKS stock.Its the sport version
that came with bushings.Nice find.don

Quartermilecrazy

Post by Quartermilecrazy »

THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:YES,that is the last style or version of 10T released and T2 was out then also.Alot adds on posts say 10T but are T2 ,t2 different chassis but the frontend and rear arms and hubs and axles and shocks work on both.

Yours has the heavyduty technocraft turnbuckles you dont see to often,BUT OTHER THAN THAT,STILL LOOKS stock.Its the sport version
that came with bushings.Nice find.don
If I remember correctly the turnbuckles are Lunsford. They are definitely Titanium as well as the hinge pins. But yes, other than that it is all stock. also all original, not perfect, but still original parts. I also added the FT screws. It does have the T4 rear axles in it now, but I do have the stock axles as well as CVDs, which I will probably be putting back to stock for originality. Now a question for the restoration guys. I know a classic 1:1 car with less than perfect original parts is more desirable than a perfect condition replacement. I am not going to sell it, so value really doesn't really matter, but what would you guys rather see?

I do have some parts on order because I was having steering issues last time I had it at the track, and I found that the servo saver was broken.
Enter witty comment here

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Nice truck. Tecnacraft turnbuckles. 8)

You may be wise to keep the T4 CVDs in place as they are more durable than the original Associated offering.