My Brand New SRT

The place for all things Traxxas.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

nagreend
Approved Member

My Brand New SRT

Post by nagreend »

I've been looking for a Traxxas SRT for a while now, and I finally found one NIB on Craigslist for $150! The box was beat to Hell, but the parts were still bagged and everything was there. I forgot how much I hate e-clips until I put this thing together! There's not much else to say about it other than I'm super happy to have found an SRT, and I wanted to share it with y'all. :D
Attachments
IMG_0289 (1024x768) (630x473).jpg
IMG_0288 (1024x768) (630x473).jpg
Zero scratches from zero use.
Zero scratches from zero use.
Steering is super tight, but I'm assuming that's due to 20-year old plastic bushings...
Steering is super tight, but I'm assuming that's due to 20-year old plastic bushings...
IMG_0282 (868x1024) (534x630).jpg
I would still like to find another body to paint up...
I would still like to find another body to paint up...
Beat up box, but papers and decals are perfect.
Beat up box, but papers and decals are perfect.

TRX-1-3

Re: My Brand New SRT

Post by TRX-1-3 »

I am glad to see it found a good home. Nice find. Congratulations!
Hope you're doin' something fun.

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

WOW... Very nice score! :mrgreen:
Why in the hell is there never no good RC deals on CL in my area...... :?

But really, thats a great find forsure!

GmoneyGrip

Post by GmoneyGrip »

Nice find, take care of her and enjoy!!!
Burn it...

nagreend
Approved Member

Post by nagreend »

Interesting story, sort of. I have been checking eBay and Craigslist daily for months trying to find a SRT. I was super bored at about 1:00 one morning, and I had checked every major city on Craigslist except for one. I don't know how I hadn't checked Atlanta before, which is a 3-hour drive from my house, but there was a SRT that had been listed for 5 days. I was so excited I texted the guy at 1 am, drove down later that morning after taking my dad to the ER at 3 am, felt kind of bad about texting him so early, and I gave him an extra $10. Thank goodness I was on Spring Break that week! When I picked up the truck, the guy said he got tired of waiting to sell it, so he started to build the kit and was thinking about piecing it out. He pretty much assembled the transmission and threw the arms on the chassis, but didn't touch anything else. Worked out pretty well! Thanks for the kind comments. I still check eBay for SRT's once in a while, but I haven't seen any for sale since I found this one. Good luck to those looking! I have no idea what these are worth these days, but I know I got a fantastic deal.

GmoneyGrip

Post by GmoneyGrip »

nagreend wrote:Interesting story, sort of. I have been checking eBay and Craigslist daily for months trying to find a SRT. I was super bored at about 1:00 one morning, and I had checked every major city on Craigslist except for one. I don't know how I hadn't checked Atlanta before, which is a 3-hour drive from my house, but there was a SRT that had been listed for 5 days. I was so excited I texted the guy at 1 am, drove down later that morning after taking my dad to the ER at 3 am, felt kind of bad about texting him so early, and I gave him an extra $10. Thank goodness I was on Spring Break that week! When I picked up the truck, the guy said he got tired of waiting to sell it, so he started to build the kit and was thinking about piecing it out. He pretty much assembled the transmission and threw the arms on the chassis, but didn't touch anything else. Worked out pretty well! Thanks for the kind comments. I still check eBay for SRT's once in a while, but I haven't seen any for sale since I found this one. Good luck to those looking! I have no idea what these are worth these days, but I know I got a fantastic deal.
Great story and awesome find.... :) enjoy!!!
Burn it...

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

Kinda short lived excitement on your long searching and then great find huh.... :wink:

I see you have it up for sale on another forum. Just curious why you decided to sell it already.

I know sometimes with me, everythings for sale for the right price and or things come up. But man, I'd highly doubt you will ever score a new build, unused SRT for your original purchase price again.

Either way good luck with your sale.

Dave

nagreend
Approved Member

Post by nagreend »

Yeah, one of my many character flaws is my inability to be completely content with what I have. I was, and still am, excited to find this SRT. I'm just starting to wonder if letting it sit on a shelf for the foreseeable future is the best use of its value. I don't make all that much money, and I could make a pretty nice profit off of it. Maybe the money I make would buy my wife something that would mean as much to her as the SRT does to me. I figure I wouldn't turn down what I'm asking for it, and if nobody wants to buy it, I'll just keep it. Half the fun was tracking it down and knowing I owned one, anyway. Still, I might regret letting it go. Perhaps I should hold on to it. It looks really nice next to my Losi XXT and RC10T. See what I mean? I don't know how I stand myself sometimes :wink: