Shelby American jumping on the Re-Re bandwagon...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Orange
Approved Member

Shelby American jumping on the Re-Re bandwagon...

Post by Orange »

Yep, they are going to make a limited edition 289 FIA Cobra... 50 of them to be exact... 50 for 50 year anniversary. For $95,000 you can get a fiberglass car and for $160,000 you can get an aluminum version, :)

http://themustangsource.com/shelby-american-unleashes-limited-edition-289-fia-6785/
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

DennisM
Approved Member

Re: Shelby American jumping on the Re-Re bandwagon...

Post by DennisM »

Better remember to stock up on those 8)
Gone fishing

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

The Cobra has to be one of the original reproductions. Since the 80s, whenever I've sees a Cobra I've just assumed it was a reproduction/fake.

Sixtysixdeuce
Approved Member

Post by Sixtysixdeuce »

Cobra just never did anything for me. Personally, I'd rather drive a Fiat Spyder 2000 with a nasty small block stuffed into it.

But I'm a Mopar muscle guy. '69 Charger and '70 Challenger are where my heart lies (wouldn't mind a '67 Newport as a cruiser, either!)

Or one of these:

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead; It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid."

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

yeah but most of the ones you see on the street are 427, the wider fender bigger motor versions.

(course i would take a Sunbeam Tiger anyday)

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

alien3t wrote: (course i would take a Sunbeam Tiger anyday)
+1!

I've sat in a real shelby once, I could never drive one. The foot box very uncomfortable for me, plus my legs get claustrophobia :lol: The factory five kits are the only way I could ever afford one anyway.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I like your taste in cars, SixtySix. Any car that looks like Christine would be a dream to own...always loved those old 300's, the late 50's Fury's, etc.

This made something seemingly unrelated pop into my mind, it's kind of been bothering me. What the hell's the deal with every movie out there these days with teens driving perfectly-restored vintage muscle cars?? It seems every movie I watch these days where the main actors are teens/early 20's, they're driving perfectly-restored beautiful muscle-cars. As if!! :x
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

The Cobra is the coolest car you'll never want to drive, unless you're very small or have a high tolerance for being very uncomfortable. Still,the awesomeness factor is, well, awesome.

I am a recommended repair technician for Superformance, I work on all of the Superformance cars in this area, and there are quite a few. I am not officially affiliated with the company, we just have a good relationship with them from years of working on them, so anytime someone from this area calls them they send them to me. Most common repair is a front half body replacement. Most people, even car guys, aren't ready for what a fobra with a big block does when you mash the peddle.

This was my most recent victim. Can't see the smashed up front end in this pic.

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Coelacanth wrote:I like your taste in cars, SixtySix. Any car that looks like Christine would be a dream to own...always loved those old 300's, the late 50's Fury's, etc.

This made something seemingly unrelated pop into my mind, it's kind of been bothering me. What the hell's the deal with every movie out there these days with teens driving perfectly-restored vintage muscle cars?? It seems every movie I watch these days where the main actors are teens/early 20's, they're driving perfectly-restored beautiful muscle-cars. As if!! :x
You might be surprised, but that's actually a fairly common thing around here. I see lots of high school kids driving (new and old) cars I could never afford. Good for them, I guess.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

since there are so many mopar fans on here (cannot imagine why lol :P ) maybe they'll re-re the best mopar ever.....the shelby omni glh. :lol:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

kaiser wrote:since there are so many mopar fans on here (cannot imagine why lol :P ) maybe they'll re-re the best mopar ever.....the shelby omni glh. :lol:
No, I think there's an even better legend that should be re-re'd; to hell with the classic muscle Challenger, I want to see a re-re of this beautiful piece of sh-- *cough* automotive art:

Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

kaiser wrote:since there are so many mopar fans on here (cannot imagine why lol :P ) maybe they'll re-re the best mopar ever.....the shelby omni glh. :lol:
I had a Shelby CSX (ok, it was a CSX-T :lol: ) and it was a blast to rail around corners but very lacking in turbo I technology. I hear the Turbo II was a lot better. I have a good friend that owns the record holding 4 cyl turbo II powered minivan 8)

[youtube]haPCQKOyMTo[/youtube]
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... There's a guy here at the local dragstrip that has a Dodge minivan that's been turboed. He runs in the high 10's. He also has a Rampage that runs low 11's. :mrgreen:
102 RC vehicles and counting...

foots
Approved Member

Post by foots »

Christeen Sixteen !!!

quote="Sixtysixdeuce"]Cobra just never did anything for me. Personally, I'd rather drive a Fiat Spyder 2000 with a nasty small block stuffed into it.

But I'm a Mopar muscle guy. '69 Charger and '70 Challenger are where my heart lies (wouldn't mind a '67 Newport as a cruiser, either!)

Or one of these:

Image[/quote]

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

THE H.P FREAK wrote:HI!... There's a guy here at the local dragstrip that has a Dodge minivan that's been turboed. He runs in the high 10's. He also has a Rampage that runs low 11's. :mrgreen:
they were very common around 1990. The dealership I worked at during college had around 20 of the caravans and 17 of them were turbos. Were a blast to drive and really turned some heads when they got the drop on a camaro :lol: .

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!