RC10 Classic race video

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JHarris
Approved Member

RC10 Classic race video

Post by JHarris »

Some guys don't think the classic is competitive with today's cars. Here's a video of the JConcepts Supercup race on January 18-19, 2014. The top two buggies had times that were nearly the same as the winning stock buggy times. The classics were run with blinky 17.5's and pretty much the kit setup except for the addition of the current JConcepts accessories.

Enjoy!!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHoUSF4m6c

RC10resto

Re: RC10 Classic race video

Post by RC10resto »

Good stuff, makes me want to race.

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

Do you know when they are doing the RC10 demo race at the Reedy race?
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

I asked Ruona. Saturday and Sunday is all we know so far. He doesn't have a time frame yet.

MotoObscura
Approved Member

Post by MotoObscura »

We're you the only one with an original? They seemed to make a big deal out of that. I like you're little purple stool.
My current vintage racing lineup: Associated RC10 B2, RC10 Team Car, Losi XXT, XX4, XFactory X5, Schumacher CAT 2000 www.moto-obscura.com My Youtube Channel

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

janaya wrote:Do you know when they are doing the RC10 demo race at the Reedy race?
Brandon from Liverc told me last night that the RC10 Expo race will be between 2:45 PST and 3:15 PST today 8)

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Looks like a really fun track and they look great for short arm cars!

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

I see this as a debate till we see a top level mod racer with old equipment Vs. a top level racer with modern equipment. The video only tells me that mod level racers dominated stock level racers. ;)

Back in the late 80's at club race's, I raced Mod all the time. Every now and then if I was in a slump and not doing well, I would race in stock for a couple of weeks to try and boost my confidence. Every time I did that the only thing it told me was that the level of competition was not as good as I would win by huge margins and I would good razzed by my friends for running stock.... At any rate, my point is that the only true comparison could only come from the highest level of racers to know how "Competitive" these cars are to the modern versions. Until then its up for debate.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

matteo
Approved Member

Post by matteo »

That clip was fun to watch. I'm curious what kind of lap times a re-re worlds car would be to post with a "capable" driver. Do you guys think that the WC would be competitive with modern cars?

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
Brandon from Liverc told me last night that the RC10 Expo race will be between 2:45 PST and 3:15 PST today 8)[/quote]

Thanks Reggie and Jeff
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

matteo wrote:That clip was fun to watch. I'm curious what kind of lap times a re-re worlds car would be to post with a "capable" driver. Do you guys think that the WC would be competitive with modern cars?
Quite a few members here are accomplished drivers on the national/wolrlds level (Sean Sanchez, Jeff Whitman, Ruffy Rios, Jeff Harris, Jeremy Harris and others) plus handfuls of members that have been racing them on a weekly basis against current cars, and holding their own well.

Are they going to pull the same lap times as a B5/22 2.0/RB6? No-

Do they have a different feel, style, set-up and skill type? Yes-

Can you win with one against a modern platform on a club-level? Yes, if your a capable racer.

The 6002 will outshine the 6001 on track (or AE wouldn't have evolved to that platform in 90')

I would think of it as a much much cooler sub-class than Short Bus

jaro
Approved Member

Post by jaro »

I think the RC10 Worlds is competitive, but possibly not quite as quick as the modern stuff. In that I mean the modern stuff is designed to be pushed that little more aggressively and will gain fractional faster lap times. Also track conditions will be a factor, the RC10 would possibly be more favourable on lower grip and flowing track, where a mid motor car would have the advantage in the opposite conditions.

I'm sure any top driver will be able to get both cars around a track very quickly, but the modern buggy would be slightly quicker. Otherwise the last 20 years of R&D have would have been totally wasteful :lol:

All that said, on several occasions recently I have run my B-Max2 and RC10 Worlds at the same meetings and the RC10 has managed to out qualify the Yok. It just suits me better and I far more enjoy racing it.

Enjoyed watching the video by the way :D