Hobby money

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: Hobby money

Post by GoMachV »

It's gonna suck for a while as i get rearranged and all but in the end it should free up a bit of coin too. We kept everything financially separate so it's a easy break and were not married but damn. It's literally been 20 years since I met her in school, helped her out of a bad marriage and been "together" for 6 years. Talk about a blind side

Thanks guys, now get back to the topic at hand! :mrgreen:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

gomachv wrote:Well, up until yesterday I was able to dedicate half a paycheck to the hobby but it looks like that money may be going towards rent now :shock: didn't see that one coming
Sorry to hear that buddy. I went through the same thing a couple years back, and it ended up working out really well. I'm happier than ever now. Keep your head up!
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Sucks big time when you need so much but your hobby money gets slashed. I'm hating life right now, guess I'll have to slowly work through them one by one.

Do you guys set aside a certain amount each paycheck or just buy whatever you need whenever?
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Going to try something new, for the first time. Swap meet. I've been going to them for years. a buddy of mine asked if I would like to join him on going half's on a venders table to sell some crap, so I said sure. Always a buyer, never a seller, so over the year's I've collected a lot of crap, mostly auto. Hope I can get together some extra RC money, because that's the main reason why I would sell, while I'm there I going to look out for some black vinyl, this summer I'm building some custom door speaker panel's for my truck.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Everything I sell I end up wishing I didn't 10 years down the track. Oh well.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

As an urban minor, this time of year always yields Christmas lights on the side of the road, which I sell for the copper (and I did find some today). But, while driving down the road, I spotted something that looked like an RC car. When I went to the corner, it turned out, it was a huge lot of Lego (my other love). On BrickLink.com this must be at least $300 worth of Lego. Not for sale of course, just thought I'd show you guys.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Also found these among the Lego. Not sure what they are called, Finger Boards? They are miniature skateboards. Not really my thing. But if anyone is interested, they are free to a good home if you pay for shipping (I know, BST).

Twin Detonator
Approved Member

Post by Twin Detonator »

romulus22 wrote:I hope you guys are claiming this extra money on your taxes :lol:
Yeah right, not a chance!!
I hope that is a joke.
I used to do replica movie prop painting a long time ago and I made some good cash at it and that supported my movie costume and prop buying.
I wasn't going to report that extra $$$.
It is like reporting yard sale funds, your supposed to, but who does?? I'm not, the government gets enough of my money and spends it stupidly.

Lynn

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... I rob banks...... :mrgreen:

Last year I took a huge hit. I lost a job that I was bringing home $4200 a month. Only thing I could find was only allowing me to bring home $2000 a month. Have $2500 in bills every month. :cry: Did that for almost a year. This Sat I just got hired at a new company and will be back up to about $3800 a month. :mrgreen:

Let the RC buying commence! lol
102 RC vehicles and counting...

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

THE H.P FREAK wrote:HI!... I rob banks...... :mrgreen:

Last year I took a huge hit. I lost a job that I was bringing home $4200 a month. Only thing I could find was only allowing me to bring home $2000 a month. Have $2500 in bills every month. :cry: Did that for almost a year. This Sat I just got hired at a new company and will be back up to about $3800 a month. :mrgreen:

....are they hiring? :mrgreen:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

marlo wrote:As an urban minor, this time of year always yields Christmas lights on the side of the road, which I sell for the copper (and I did find some today). But, while driving down the road, I spotted something that looked like an RC car. When I went to the corner, it turned out, it was a huge lot of Lego (my other love). On BrickLink.com this must be at least $300 worth of Lego. Not for sale of course, just thought I'd show you guys.
I have a giant tote/tub of Lego from the late 80's to early 90's I'd like to sell. The majority of it is in the original boxes. I'll have to check out that link more closely.

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

gomachv wrote:
THE H.P FREAK wrote:HI!... I rob banks...... :mrgreen:

....are they hiring? :mrgreen:

HI!... Actually they are if you want to move to Canada and know how to run heavy equipment! lol :mrgreen:
102 RC vehicles and counting...

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

With the state of our country, I think I would be ok with moving :lol:
Unfortunately heavy equipment and I would not be a match :mrgreen:
Factory Works website

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I made a lot of extra coin by buying old stock at local hobby shops and selling on eBay. I also made a lot of money by contracting with a local welder to make front and rear aluminum cages for the Tamiya Sand scorcher

Gomachv, sorry about your break up. I went through a messy divorce with a greedy ex. Even though I rarely used community funds to buy my RC cars she went after half of it. Had to give her my Infiniti G35 just so I could keep my collection. In the end karma was on my side and I was able to keep the house by buying her out. It has appreciated 150k in the last 5 years. She is still a bitter bitch and even though I struggle financially with a fat mortgage payment, I know I'm in a better place without her. Things get better with time and eventually you'll be busy chasing so much new tail that you'll soon forget about her.

Blacktiger355
Approved Member

Post by Blacktiger355 »

marlo wrote:Also found these among the Lego. Not sure what they are called, Finger Boards? They are miniature skateboards. Not really my thing. But if anyone is interested, they are free to a good home if you pay for shipping (I know, BST).
Pretty sure those are Tech-Decks.

http://www.techdeck.com/