Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by GoMachV »

markbt73 wrote:
gomachv wrote: Tammies? Hmm... I wonder if I could convince my wife to let Xmas come a bit early... I wasn't gonna, but... actually coming home from the shop with a kit, that's way cooler than waiting at the window for the UPS guy... Do you know if they are the only ones around here getting them in stock?
Actually RC Hobbies on Halsey. If you want one, call Dennis and make sure he holds one for you. Tell him I sent you. He has a lot of them presold
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

gomachv wrote:My LHS hadn't come thru for me yet, kept delaying, so when I saw them yesterday on tower "in stock" I immediately ordered one "just in case". Glad I did now!
I am waiting to hear from a member here that works at my LHS, I asked for two. Hope I get em.

Still no word on if they are in, if not... no biggie. I can just take the money and buy more Losi trucks for sale here or a 5t. 8)

I would really like to build one though, never had the chance years and years ago. I am looking forward to making the parts fit, spacers and shims and all.

It is what it is, no idea why people have to complain that the quality is not there. It is only $250, not a large amount at all. :roll:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Diamond Dave wrote: It is what it is, no idea why people have to complain that the quality is not there. It is only $250, not a large amount at all. :roll:
Oh dang, you just started WW3 with both those comments! :lol:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

gomachv wrote:
Diamond Dave wrote: It is what it is, no idea why people have to complain that the quality is not there. It is only $250, not a large amount at all. :roll:
Relax, he's going to spring for kits for all of us in this thread. Since $250 is chump change. :wink:

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

Group buy from the forum direct from associated.

I'm dreaming of course.

I could have sworn I initially saw accessory tubs at $69 list and now I believe they are $89.

sandkil
Approved Member

Post by sandkil »

JPAE07 wrote:Group buy from the forum direct from associated.

I'm dreaming of course.

I could have sworn I initially saw accessory tubs at $69 list and now I believe they are $89.

I saw it too

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

R/Cat wrote:
Who knows if they'll make another batch but I can tell you that out of all the various versions of the RC10 (gold pan, CE, graphite, etc), I can see why a re-re gold pan would be the only one that most enthusiasts would want since it's a copy

Strange logic! FYI, the RERE is the only one I DON'T want. Since it is a copy made in China to lower standards than the original.
GARBO 1/8

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

gomachv wrote:
Not saying anything about your comment Jeff.... I don't think that $250 is a large amount. Building a kit as old as this will need some caressing. Even though it is a new release, Thank AE for what you have in your hands.

I so understand that the "quality" might not be there. But... I have also read every single post from all the guys that have built one from 1984 to the early 90's.

It is part of building a "race" buggy. This is something they did back then to make it competitive.

I know ZERO about building/tuning an original RC10. I have never built one. But I know I want to. In fact, I know I want to try to build a few. I own quite a few AE buggies, a few RC10T trucks as well, So I am familiar with the layout.

If it cost's what a nice new RC10 from my LHS costs, then so be it. If it cost's a tad less or even more from someone here to buy one used (Older one preferred), I am OK with that.

As we all know, this is not an inexpensive hobby at all. Be prepared to toss some coin at it, I think it is worth it....

The options are endless, and with the experience we have here (your name here) I am looking forward to getting a 2013 RC10 buggy re-release NIB, and some help in building it.

joeman37
Approved Member

Post by joeman37 »

flipwils11 wrote:I'm just amazed at the naivite of some people in this thread. All of the folks swearing that it just made no sense to make this such a limited edition, so therefore if that's what they spew on an internet message board, then it must make it so, what reality are you living in? But now SHOCK and DISBELIEF that the run may be over? Really? Are you thinking rationally? As the saying goes, you snooze you lose.

Lamborghini has some new special carbon fiber supercar, can't remember what it is called, but they made 4 I think. In the world. For a few million dollars a piece. That market for car collectors that can afford that car is probably in the hundreds. Dammit why didn't Lamborghini make more, what a stupid business decision! :roll: (heavy sarcasm)

LOL you crack me up comparing a hand built supercar that sells for millions to a mass produced RC car that sells for $250. Not apples to apples at all man. And yes it is a poor business decision to build a mass produced product and not meet consumer demand. It honestly is Economics 101 specific luxury items that are not mass produced, like your supercar analogy, are an anomaly and perhaps actually a good business decision because then the next time they make a new limited edition car they know they can charge whatever the hell they want for it.

-Joe

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Got mine last night! The last time I built an RC-10 from a kit was somewhere in the mid 80's. My dad bought two with tax return money and we spent the afternoon on the porch building them together. It was much more difficult to build than the previous Tamiya cars we owned, and did require some extra effort to make sure everything fit.

Now what to do with it. I am thinking a Novak Club system 17.5 for the track. The ESC is small enough so it would fit nicely on the shocktower, and the motor would not destroy the idler gears. Then I would take the new tires and put them on my e-bay original RC-10 for display, with a box art body.

Hello, my name is Ed and I have an RC-10 addiction :D

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Mine's on the truck ready for delivery and I'm excited. This kit will be built and not Ebay butchered or sold on Ebay for a profit. It will be enjoyed. Can't wait, don't even want to go to work today! :lol:

Patiofurnituregt
Approved Member

Post by Patiofurnituregt »

joeman37 wrote: LOL you crack me up comparing a hand built supercar that sells for millions to a mass produced RC car that sells for $250. Not apples to apples at all man. And yes it is a poor business decision to build a mass produced product and not meet consumer demand. It honestly is Economics 101 specific luxury items that are not mass produced, like your supercar analogy, are an anomaly and perhaps actually a good business decision because then the next time they make a new limited edition car they know they can charge whatever the hell they want for it.

-Joe
I would be willing to bet though that if the RC10 Classic wasn't a limited edition there would be very few people buying multiple cars at once since there would not be an urgency to do so.

It's all about creating something special for the AE fans and as long as you don't lose money on it, then it is reasonable to do!
Tim Tunnermann
Team Associated Design Engineer
Team Associated | |Reedy | XP Digital | JConcepts | Futaba | Makita | Kicker | LiveRC

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

I'm not surprised it already gone. From the beginning they said it was going to be a Limitted Edition and I remember hearing 1000-1500 units. Also worldwide not just the US.

I usually buy from my local track or hobby shop, but I'm glad I ordered mine because I was curious and called a few local shops and most didn't even order any. WTF!
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

janaya wrote:I'm not surprised it already gone. From the beginning they said it was going to be a Limitted Edition and I remember hearing 1000-1500 units. Also worldwide not just the US.

I usually buy from my local track or hobby shop, but I'm glad I ordered mine because I was curious and called a few local shops and most didn't even order any. WTF!
Could be worse. Every Hobby shop in ~50 mile radius from where I live doesnt carry AE parts anymore. If they have any stock, Its old stock. I would think that if they ordered a single kit, it would be for themselves.

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

I share my old RCCA mag's with a friend and He called me asking if I knew anything about the re-re
and I told Him I had already ordered one and they were almost all gone now
He was soo mad ad me :lol:

I might get an extra re-re and surprise him :mrgreen:
Morten Max