Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10 Junkie

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by RC10 Junkie »

I look forward to reruns of tires that I can put on these old rims I have lying around. Dry rot has lost it's luster if you know what I mean.

*RC222*

Post by *RC222* »

I can wait til august or september for my kit, but i want to see pics of this damn thing!

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action

Post by SnoopMaxx »

R/Cat wrote:Sounds like you had a difficult time accessing r/c stuff back then. I was fortunate enough to have two fully-stocked LHS's in my town in NJ, USA growing up and several more in adjacent towns -- all but one eventually drying up and going out of business many years ago.

Well not as long as it was Tamiya or Kyosho :roll:
If it wasn't for my uncle building and flying 1/4 scale WWII planes I might not have known about
Associated until years later, they had magazines and catalogues from, among others, Tower and Stormer hobbies
in there club house
Morten Max

RC10 Junkie

Post by RC10 Junkie »

*RC222* wrote:I can wait til august or september for my kit, but i want to see pics of this damn thing!
I agree, I'm over the moon at the prospect that I may get to open a new box of the original. It may sound funny, but my first RC10 came from Tower Hobbies in the 90s and it was the CE. I thought it was going to be the Original and was sad when I saw the body. I have been in love with original body style ever since I saw it. I almost became an automotive car designer because of it. Alas I loved my CE which I still have and plan to shelf shortly. I am so excited to see this new car. I think associated has made a very smart move by rere leasing this car. I preordered 2 almost immediately without question. This little car still brings me joy at 40 years of age. Good job AE, my thanks a million times over.

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

*RC222* wrote:I can wait til august or september for my kit, but i want to see pics of this damn thing!
Yeah, come on Associated, give us some more snippets to drool over! :mrgreen:
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

A photo of the car that's going to released would do us all wonders.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I'm interested in the difference in parts, being able to tell an old part from a new one! Can't wait for pics, and more so, getting one in my hands!

jaro
Approved Member

Post by jaro »

I'd be interested to see the chassis, if it needed a new pressing I can't imagine it been identical to 30 years ago. Although AE will of gone all out to get it the same, I think it will have subtle changes which the new pressing won't be able to replicate and will be easily identifiable from the old one.

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

J'MM'N wrote:I'd be interested to see the chassis, if it needed a new pressing I can't imagine it been identical to 30 years ago. Although AE will of gone all out to get it the same, I think it will have subtle changes which the new pressing won't be able to replicate and will be easily identifiable from the old one.
I agree, I think the new chassis will look perfect, which the originals don't even on the BNIB kits that are still about. :mrgreen:
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

R/Cat wrote:Sounds like you had a difficult time accessing r/c stuff back then. I was fortunate enough to have two fully-stocked LHS's in my town in NJ, USA growing up and several more in adjacent towns -- all but one eventually drying up and going out of business many years ago.

what was your shops that closed? im in nj and i miss carols hobby and morristown hobby they closed years ago.. when i was younger i lived by morristown hobby . it was a great place in the morris county mall.. this mall was a great place for kids.. they had a hobby shop, arcade, comic book store, music store, book store ,mcdonalds with a fun center, and even a little toy shop in the center of the mall.. they redid this mall now its no fun..

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

longboardnj wrote:

what was your shops that closed? im in nj and i miss carols hobby and morristown hobby they closed years ago.. when i was younger i lived by morristown hobby . it was a great place in the morris county mall.. this mall was a great place for kids.. they had a hobby shop, arcade, comic book store, music store, book store ,mcdonalds with a fun center, and even a little toy shop in the center of the mall.. they redid this mall now its no fun..

I grew up in Brick, NJ (Ocean County) on the shore where there was "Train Depot" and "V&M Hobby Shop" where I got several of my first few "real" r/c models as a kid. There was another mall-based hobby shop ("Allied Hobbies", I think) like Morristown hobby in the Ocean County Mall in adjacent Toms River, NJ, Jackson Hobby Shop in Jackson. NJ (the only one still open and the best of all of them - been going there for ~25 years) and another a little further north in Redbank, NJ that I rarely went to.

It's sad in a way that so many have gone out of business but the global online hobby stores have killed most of them. I'll occasionally go into Jackson Hobby and throw them a bone once in a while but every time I do it just reminds me of how inadequate and antiquated a store-front hobby shop is these days. Higher prices, limited selection, having to wait for parts or models to be ordered and come in or not being able to get them at all. That's why most of my r/c shopping is done online nowadays given the cheaper prices and availability of r/c kits and parts around the world...point, click, pay and whatever you want is on your door step in a few days, ya know?

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

I just purchased a brand new (in package) Trinity P2K Pro 27T motor for my car. Once the car arrives it will get paired with a Tekin G11 ESC. Buying electronics months before the car arrives is killing me.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

ca-rj wrote:I just purchased a brand new (in package) Trinity P2K Pro 27T motor for my car. will get paired with a Tekin G11 ESC.
If I may ask... why this choice?
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

So I decided to ask for the sake of asking but talked with Lohas to see if they would reissue some of their wheels. Sad to say but they would not and they have also sold off the factory that made them :(

This may be old news but I really dont know when Lohas started selling or when they stopped. I just know that they existed at some point.

fredswain
Approved Member

Post by fredswain »

ca-rj wrote:I just purchased a brand new (in package) Trinity P2K Pro 27T motor for my car. Once the car arrives it will get paired with a Tekin G11 ESC. Buying electronics months before the car arrives is killing me.
I've got that motor. The last time I ran it was in a XX that I no longer have. I placed a Garmin GPS inside the car which admittedly added a decent amount of weight. The GPS recorded 27 mph. I think 30 was possible with that motor. If that had existed during the heyday of the RC10, it would have blown every other stock motor out of the water by far. My 19T Trinity Komodo Dragon did 32 mph for comparison.
Raborn Racing Originals Shapeways store