Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

oldschoolrcer

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by oldschoolrcer »

R/Cat wrote:
GoldRush wrote:im gonna wait to see the specs before I buy bearings since they said that the 6 gear trans has some updates for reliability so that may mean different specs on bearings for outdrives and maybe other areas of the buggy. as far as ordering a second or a third....im scrapping together the dough just for the one that I pre ordered....hoping I have enough since explaining $259.98 to the wife after it comes out of the checking account would be fun so im padding my paypal account with some money at the moment :lol:

LOL...glad I'm not the only one doing that to avoid having to explain the checking account deduction to the wife. Paypal is my last financial sanctuary. :lol:

Green Dot MoneyPack baby!! It's the only way to fly under the radar! No bank acct required,no statements showing up to the house! Just cold hard cash dropped into your PayPal acct! :lol:

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

scr8p wrote:
kink wrote:
Synergy wrote:A World's re-re would not be on the cars for another ten years surely. Purely based upon the fact there was ten years between the two models coming out.
i highly doubt they would wait 10 years to re-release a worlds car. using that logic, we shouldn't see a stealth trans for another 6, and we know (or i should say we've been told) the new tub is already drilled for it and a stealth trans is on the way. so that's not happening.

if they do plan to re-release all of the versions (and personally, i kinda hope they don't), i would say we'd see them all within 2...... maybe 3 years.
Agreed. I hope they don't release every version and can't imagine the same level of interest is those as the original gold pan is garnering if they did.

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action

Post by SnoopMaxx »

R/Cat wrote:
Coelacanth wrote:AE didn't just make one RC10, just as Tamiya didn't just make the Hot Shot. There's this little forum you might know of, tamiyaclub.com, with nearly 39,000 members and almost 300 currently logged in...compared with here, 3656 total membership, 33 currently logged in, and 208 members was the most EVER logged in at one time. That should pretty much sum things up. ;)It turns out my 10 to 1 ratio was actually pretty accurate, if forum numbers are any indication. That said, quality always trumps quantity. I'm not a Tamiya fan-boy, that's for certain. :P

Exactly. I've always respected the race-bred cars like RC10s, YZ-10s, etc since the 80's but those cars were marketed to the minority (that being racers) which most of us were/are not. I never even considered getting one of those cars as a teenager back in the 80's because of that and stuck with the plastic fantastic kits primarily from Tamiya.

Contrastly, Tamiya cars were marketed towards the majority (that being backyard bashers) and therefore appealed to a much bigger audience and it continues today. It's no wonder why re-re Tamiya kits are flying off the shelf and Tamiyaclub.com dwarfs RC10talk.com and probably most other r/c blog sites in terms of popularity and membership. That said, I have since become a big fan of cars like the YZ-10 (got one about a year ago) as well as the RC-10 (have a re-re pre-ordered :D ) and think this site is really cool because it offers a little different perspective than Tamiyaclub.
My LHS had a photo of the first RC10 in late ´85 and when I asked them to order one
they told me that it was just a photo of a Tamiya copy from America and they didn't sell them in Europe and especially not Denmark
But they had lots of Tamiya cars they would love to sell me :roll:

At that time I had to get all the cool stuff at a hobby shop in Sweden (just a short 7 hour round trip by ferry)
And that's where I say the early version in person
But it was to high prized and it took me some time to save up for it

This time I pre-ordered one as soon as I saw it at the RCX show
(Wife still don't know about it )
Morten Max

joeman37
Approved Member

Post by joeman37 »

I'd be up for an RC10T early run re-release. White parts and skinny front tires and everything...Otherwise I am not sure if I would bite on any other re-releases...of course I say that now but in a year I'd probably be saying, "I just pre-ordered one from Tower" LOL :-)

-Joe

Timmy2Tracks
Approved Member

Post by Timmy2Tracks »

[/quote]Green Dot MoneyPack baby!! It's the only way to fly under the radar! No bank acct required,no statements showing up to the house! Just cold hard cash dropped into your PayPal acct! :lol:[/quote]

How did I not know about this? I think you just changed my life...! I order most things from Tower because they take money orders, but if I can secretly load up and use the paypal account, well, that's great news!

mtbkym01

Post by mtbkym01 »

kink wrote:Also to add: "Limited" may also refer to time, rather than quantity sold. ie, Perhaps sell as many re-re's as they possibly can for one full celebration year (of the RC10's 30th year), or two full years if it is to also include AE's 50th birthday celebration year afterwards as well. Which would explain why no numbers have been stated directly by AE. Either way, no sane business person will be turning down making a fortune out of this opportunity. Not unless they want to get fired for business incompetence. AE are not a charity afterall :lol:
Although, in the myrcbox interview, AE do state that they have sold out from a wholesale perspective (to retailers)
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

You don't have to be a racer to appreciate quality products. The only cars I ever wanted were the top end racing cars. Despite the fact I was never a proper racer.

The same can be said for most of the things I own: studio quality hi-fi, top end custom bike, etc. Quality items are just beautiful.
GARBO 1/8

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

kink wrote:You don't have to be a racer to appreciate quality products. The only cars I ever wanted were the top end racing cars. Despite the fact I was never a proper racer.

The same can be said for most of the things I own: studio quality hi-fi, top end custom bike, etc. Quality items are just beautiful.

ive been racing for over 25 years and Im still not a proper racer myself....the wall and I are very good friends but I still roll to the local track like I know how to race. I like quality myself so that's why ive always raced associated and losi products. if I end up being lucky enough to have my preorder filled then I will race it in 17.5 stock and have some fun for sure.
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

oldschoolrcer

Post by oldschoolrcer »

Timmy2Tracks wrote:
Green Dot MoneyPack baby!! It's the only way to fly under the radar! No bank acct required,no statements showing up to the house! Just cold hard cash dropped into your PayPal acct! :lol:[/quote]

How did I not know about this? I think you just changed my life...! I order most things from Tower because they take money orders, but if I can secretly load up and use the paypal account, well, that's great news![/quote]

Been using them for years . Best place to buy is Walmart ,since you can load up to $1000 on each one. Some places like Cvs have a $500 limit which means if you need $501 put into PayPal you would have to buy two at $4.95 each to get there. The spending limit is n the back of the card. Just remember to destroy the evidence(receipt) after you redeem it into your account...then there's no paper trail! :lol: :lol: :lol:

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

... You guys must REALLY have a ball and chain... :lol: :P

oldschoolrcer

Post by oldschoolrcer »

askbob wrote:... You guys must REALLY have a ball and chain... :lol: :P

Not even close! I own a cash based business and hate credit card companies! Just trying to help a brother out!

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

oldschoolrcer wrote:
askbob wrote:... You guys must REALLY have a ball and chain... :lol: :P

Not even close! I own a cash based business and hate credit card companies! Just trying to help a brother out!

I hear ya. Same here.

'What's in your wallet?' ... It ain't Capital One I tell ya! :lol:

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

rough count on pre-orders form post 1 to present . 76 pre-orders

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

I came back from my LHS, And they deal with Great plains, they said its a 2000 pro. run, and that they think that it will not sell out. They have 3 on pre order.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

the updated 6gear and a worlds tub car is all they should release imo. those are the two cars that bookend all the others. i wouldnt mind a 10t either i suppose...

at the very least keep the graphite cars in history where they belong.