Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

chophead69
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by chophead69 »

I just ordered 2nd today before I found out.I just placed a order for a 3rd. And I think I placed my order for the first one on the 2nd so hopefully I get one.but I was hoping to have one to play with.I wont be upset if I get three I will just sell it to someone on here at cost that didn't get one.
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

I may have to be one of those people mr chophead :D looks like tower hobbies is still generously taking money despite them being sold out I guess....anyone know the exact number of how many were in this limited edition run?
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

Jascot

Post by Jascot »

GoldRush wrote:looks like tower hobbies is still generously taking money despite them being sold out I guess....
Tower is still taking PRE-ORDERS, which do not take any money until the product is available to ship. Even if they pre-sell more than become available, not all of the pre-orders will necessarily last to become fully shipped products. I could cancel my pre-order at any time if I decided I didn't want or couldn't afford the kit I pre-ordered. Not that I have any intention of doing so. :)
1986(ish) Edinger RC10 -- Hobbywing 13T Motor -- Hobbywing 35A ESC -- Flysky Radio

Percymon
Approved Member

Post by Percymon »

Plus i would imagine that if other distributors don't sell their allocation at launch then kits may be redistributed to fulfill prior orders.

MBModels still have 4 of their 35 allocation available for instance - I know august is a long way off, and they will probably sell those 4 before launch, but it shows there is a LOT more interest in this release in the US than in the UK. Most UK sellers don't show any form of stock levels on line but i've not seen any stating sold out yet.

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

I pay using paypal so I wasn't sure how it worked with paypal on backordered stuff so I was worried about being charged right away...I pulled the trigger and I guess I cross my fingers and hope to see money disappear in august and get a bitchen box of rc10 awesomness a few days after :mrgreen: I still want to have 2...one to put away and one to open and build and go and play with.
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

Wandy
Approved Member

Post by Wandy »

So they are basically going to get their money back through the spare parts program, whilst making the actual kit an instant collector's piece.

At least those who miss out on a kit will be able to build an entire car from readily available spares, albeit probably at an elevated price.

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

It will be interesting to see how long we have to wait to find out if we are actually getting our orders. Hopefully, we don't have to wait until August to find out.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

If this truly ends up as limited as it appears I wonder what impact that will have on the demand / rush for any subsequent stealth car release.

I think a pretty competitive fully brushless capable Worlds Car re release would be in even greater demand than this.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

well, I missed out. At least my main concern was with parts, not a full car.

looks like someone at AE was having thier own RC10 cad project too

Well heres hoping for the graphite to come out

cole455
Approved Member

Post by cole455 »

Well, the capitalist in me thinks that anyone who wants a rere will probably get one... We'll just have to wait and see how limited the run really is. I would assume the hardcore enthusiast that's already pre-ordered a car for August is more than likely a member here. If everyone here ordered 3 kits that's roughly 10,000 cars... But I doubt this group is responsible for that large of a chunk (I haven't orderd one yet) If the interest is high and there's money to be made, they'll probably try to make it....
Very modest, personable genius moonlighting as an airline pilot; looking for position as millionaire international playboy. Note: would prefer position where I don't have to bring my own million...

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Rumors were 2000 and 2500 but never a solid confirmation.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

Synergy wrote:If this truly ends up as limited as it appears I wonder what impact that will have on the demand / rush for any subsequent stealth car release.

I think a pretty competitive fully brushless capable Worlds Car re release would be in even greater demand than this.

A World's re-re would not be on the cars for another ten years surely. Purely based upon the fact there was ten years between the two models coming out.
GARBO 1/8

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

kink wrote:
Synergy wrote:A World's re-re would not be on the cars for another ten years surely. Purely based upon the fact there was ten years between the two models coming out.
i highly doubt they would wait 10 years to re-release a worlds car. using that logic, we shouldn't see a stealth trans for another 6, and we know (or i should say we've been told) the new tub is already drilled for it and a stealth trans is on the way. so that's not happening.

if they do plan to re-release all of the versions (and personally, i kinda hope they don't), i would say we'd see them all within 2...... maybe 3 years.

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

Fair enough. Well if they do rere the Worlds, or Team I will be buying a ton of spares for my custom build, rather than the actual kits. Mega cheap outdrives and chassis will be good :)
GARBO 1/8

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't release every model in the back catalogue either and I like Scr8p's idea of upgrade kits too, but it would be nice to be able to buy an original tub RC10 that could pretty much compete at club level from my LHS whenever I wanted to 8)
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028