Conversation with former U.K. CML driver Dave Duggan

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Toaster
Approved Member

Conversation with former U.K. CML driver Dave Duggan

Post by Toaster »

Hey all, so to make a very long story short I have two 94' YZ10's (the standard ones, not WCS I'm afraid) purchased from forum members here (thanks guys, you know who you are :lol: ) and was looking to do a non-Masami based replica of some description with the second car given that it was a little more worn than I would like to base a complete restoration on; because I just couldn't do it justice in all honesty, especially like some of the amazing quality of work that has already been done here.

I recall seeing this picture over and over on my information gathering searches on google and here for that matter and was always curious as to the origin of the car and of its history, so I set out to figure out exactly that:

In another print ad version of the 1994 YZ10 edition CML was running, they mentioned drivers Jason Varley and Dave Duggan. I understand a member here had already spoken to Varley in the past who was still with CML but didn't see any information pointing back to the car in the image above so I did some research on Duggan and found that he had moved onto Nemo Racing. Located his email address from the website and shot him off an email and was pleasantly surprised to receive an answer the following day.

Now it has been awhile but Duggan believes that the car pictured above was indeed his and I have since invited him to the forum to talk about his Yokomo racing experience, his cars etc. so definitely be on the lookout for a new member in the next couple of days :) (he is currently in Italy at a nitro race with the Nemo team).

He also mentioned still having in his possession a PROTOTYPE MX-4, which I seriously cannot wait to see pictures of!! Mr. Duggan, if you are reading this we can't wait to hear more about your time with CML and Yokomo!

Needless to say I am starting my replica shortly and will start another post on my progress (this time one I will finish unlike the project Yokenstein that quite literally fell apart on me). If anyone has additional information etc. etc. on the above (assume it is a standard 94 YZ10 with CML or Fyberlyte shock towers and drilled out arms) would love to hear about it or if you have decals/parts for sale that reflect it get in touch :mrgreen:
I come for the RC10's but stay for the Yokomo's :P

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration

ralphee
Approved Member

Re: Conversation with former U.K. CML driver Dave Duggan

Post by ralphee »

Look forward to hearing more buddy, ive always loved that Yoke in the mag........they just ooze class these cars.

lee

Toaster
Approved Member

Post by Toaster »

Thanks Lee! I totally agree with that statement, love Yok's and can't wait to get stuck in with this project lol

Unfortunately I shot my mouth off way to quickly, if you look closer at the picture above the rear arms have indentations and at the bottom of the rear shock tower you can see that half circular mount that gives it away as a 95. Darn.

Oh well that being said I am still going to restore the 94 to stock condition and am already tearing both cars apart.

p.s. Hey Lee, less talky and more finishy front yoko bumperee's :lol:
I come for the RC10's but stay for the Yokomo's :P

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

I will buddy, as per last pics, there all cut, I've just got so little RC time of late as I'm working on some other models and juggling the family and job, they will happen bud.

lee