Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

kink
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Post by kink »

Let's face it, the new buggy is a repro made in China. Just pop a Chinese brushless ESC and motor in there. Not having a go, just stating the obvious :)
GARBO 1/8

jaro
Approved Member

Post by jaro »

I'm thinking 17.5T in Blinky mode would be about right, not ballisticly fast but quick enough to enjoy it :)

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Ya. New electronics for me too. And as I keep hearing we will have parts, then I may test the limits of the transmission too. :mrgreen:
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

I don't plan to run any ballistic setup, a mild brushless esc and motor and 2.4ghz with lipo. The only thing I would compromise on would be switching to a brushed motor because the long run time and control are qualities I won't give up.

cole455
Approved Member

Post by cole455 »

I'll probably buy a kit but have yet to order one. 15 years ago I built a Goldberg anniversary cub but it succumbed to a crash. Sadly, the kit was discontinued and I made do with other planes. But 3 years ago they re-introduced the kit with modern improvements like, laser-cutting (as opposed to die stamped) and I had to have another. My kit arrived and I was immediately disappointed. The instructions were poor photocopies of the original and crudely stapled together, the plans were photocopies of shrunken originals (not very conducive for an accurate build), the wood was of poor quality, part fitment was poor, the plastics were cheap, the decals were cloudy, blurry reproductions of what they could find and the box was now black with a photocopy of the original art glued on top. It was cheap to say the least, but I still built it. Looking back it tarnished the legacy that plane left behind; I would have been better off coughing up the dough and waiting for an original to pop up.
I guess I'm just hoping that history doesn't repeat itself with the re-re..... I'd hate for the rc10 to go down like: "Caddyshack 2"
Very modest, personable genius moonlighting as an airline pilot; looking for position as millionaire international playboy. Note: would prefer position where I don't have to bring my own million...

orangemazda
Approved Member

Post by orangemazda »

I hoped the same thing too. I would assume though that the RC10 rere will pass through the hands of the Team Associated gurus to get the stamp of approval before it hits the general public.
cole455 wrote:I'll probably buy a kit but have yet to order one. 15 years ago I built a Goldberg anniversary cub but it succumbed to a crash. Sadly, the kit was discontinued and I made do with other planes. But 3 years ago they re-introduced the kit with modern improvements like, laser-cutting (as opposed to die stamped) and I had to have another. My kit arrived and I was immediately disappointed. The instructions were poor photocopies of the original and crudely stapled together, the plans were photocopies of shrunken originals (not very conducive for an accurate build), the wood was of poor quality, part fitment was poor, the plastics were cheap, the decals were cloudy, blurry reproductions of what they could find and the box was now black with a photocopy of the original art glued on top. It was cheap to say the least, but I still built it. Looking back it tarnished the legacy that plane left behind; I would have been better off coughing up the dough and waiting for an original to pop up.
I guess I'm just hoping that history doesn't repeat itself with the re-re..... I'd hate for the rc10 to go down like: "Caddyshack 2"

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

Lonestar wrote:
Jedi Master wrote: Are many others planning on running them with electronics that are more period typical? :?:
me :) brushed 27T AE and old-skool esc, futaba magnum junior or magnum, probably modern servo and lipo though 8)

like if we still were 12 y.o.'s!!!

Paul
If I do get one (which will only be if I see one on a hobby shop shelf; not doing the pre-order thing), I have a new-in-package wiper arm speed control from a CE kit that would be very tempting...

bxlt
Approved Member

Post by bxlt »

I probably will go old school electronics because that's what I have and am used to, and also I don't really plan on running mine. Sad but true I probably have only run one car in the last 4 years, I just like to build/clean/restore and then they go on the shelf. Though if parts are readily available that may change things, at that point I may go for brushless and see what all this talk is about but as of right now I'm still prety much stuck in the early 90's with my RCs

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

I don't think AE will mess up the rere. I just want to seewhat the box looks like.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

stulec52
Approved Member

Post by stulec52 »

If I could only find the speedo I ran in mine back then I would certainly put one in.
Maybe one of you UK guys has one?
Demon 2DH the one in the Blue heatshrink.
I also ran Demon motors, H.T. or Mr. T.
Need to find one of those too.....

rraeford
Approved Member

Post by rraeford »

I ordered two from Tower as soon as I read the release. Tower has always been good about listing new releases as soon as they find out about them. Now if only they will do a run of the aqua and magenta Associated/Reedy tshirts they sold BITD.

abailey21
Approved Member

Post by abailey21 »

Orange wrote:Ya. New electronics for me too. And as I keep hearing we will have parts, then I may test the limits of the transmission too. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking 13.5 should be ok on the 6-gear, if not I still have my stealth sitting on my desk.

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

abailey21 wrote:
Orange wrote:Ya. New electronics for me too. And as I keep hearing we will have parts, then I may test the limits of the transmission too. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking 13.5 should be ok on the 6-gear, if not I still have my stealth sitting on my desk.
I have plenty of 2.25 stealth's. I am still going to test the limits of the new 6 gear, :)
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

I've been debating the electronics issue myself. There's talk of a "vintage" class sprouting at our track, so I've held off on buying anything for now. If we don't do the class, I've been throwing around running a Novak 410M5 with either a 27 turn stock motor or a Trinity Speed Gems 19T turn motor OR buying a Hobbywing EZRun 35A esc/13T 3000kv brushless combo. Since mine will be a runner, I'm leaning towards the brushless just for the ease of maintenance.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I'm thinking 17.5, 13.5 and/or 10.5...boosted if necessary :)
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com