Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action

Post by Charlie don't surf »

kaiser wrote:to have a good retail rc shop you need a track on the premisis.
And to keep a track, you must have a good retail shop. Most nowadays miss that part

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

I blame the manufacturers for the fact that nobody stocks parts anymore. A small shop just can't justify, or afford, thousands in replacement parts when they know darn well that most of them will never get sold. The manufacturers should have a supportsystem for the hobby shops where they will buy back old stock or exchange it for new stock as new models come out.

johnqpublic
Approved Member

Post by johnqpublic »

I love the idea of a gold aluminum, white plastic B5 for the 30th anniversary.

Wow, just saying 30th anniversary makes me feel really old!

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

johnqpublic wrote:

Absolutely. Crazy where the time has gone :? Having a five year old daughter is a clue!
GARBO 1/8

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

At least you arent like me, most of this stuff is older than me and so i have clue when it comes to these cars. Almost wishing I knew a lot more about these old cars. My relatives gave me a bunch of older ones when I was younger and had no clue about them. I remember having a grasshopper and one unnamed car that was older than it in my early teen years.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

johnqpublic wrote:I love the idea of a gold aluminum, white plastic B5 for the 30th anniversary.

I can see them doing something like that, and as much as I want a re-re of a vintage, the last few posts kind of show, that there is no room for such a product, ( support wise ). We'll see.

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

I sent Erich Reichert a PM last Wednesday. I guess he's been really busy. Hopefully he'll stop by the forum at some point, and maybe drop a few hints.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

RJK33
Approved Member

Post by RJK33 »

85Edinger wrote:I sent Erich Reichert a PM last Wednesday. I guess he's been really busy. Hopefully he'll stop by the forum at some point, and maybe drop a few hints.
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31200
Kooz

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

I am going to make a bet - there will be an RC10 re-re. Far too many hints being dropped. I am now convinced.
GARBO 1/8

moto-steve
Approved Member

Post by moto-steve »

The other day my issue of RCCA arrives and i almost fell off the couch (if thats possible) :lol: that add was sweet.I sure hope they do it, i would love to buy a few. Tamiya has been doing this for years and why not AE ???? But maybe its just an redo of an old add?? Lets hope and pray for this to happen. :D
Lifes to short not to play with toys.

trkneller
Approved Member

Post by trkneller »

I think it would be really cool if AE would make all the old ads available as downloadable wallpaper.

I made a decent wallpaper of the RCCA ad, but I'd love a high-quality version of some of the other, old ads, too.

wydraz
Approved Member

Post by wydraz »

kink wrote:I am going to make a bet - there will be an RC10 re-re. Far too many hints being dropped. I am now convinced.
I'll raise that bet :)

If there isn't a re-re original RC10 by the end of 2013 I'll shave all my hair off (I have hair although it's balding!).....;)

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

Adding more fuel to the fire, this guy is building a full size RC10 for Associated (probably for RCX).
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

kaiser wrote:to have a good retail rc shop you need a track on the premisis.
HA! I think you have that backwards.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like an ass. But this is good stuff right here, :lol:

A track increases sales marginally at best... I can think of a few reasons why having a track is a losing venture for a business.

1: These days every racer on the planet is sponsored. These people barely spend any money in the shop. Some of them think they are entitled to free race entry just because they frequent your track. These are also the same folks that NEVER lend a hand to help with track rebuilds and the first to complain about something the track did that they do not like... As if they know better.

2: having a track also means more rent and utilities... Race entry fee's have to be $25 or more on club nights just to make this feasible... Problem with that? Racers will not pay that for an average club race and also see above post...

3: racing car inventory... The ONLY thing that you sell that makes a profit for the shop to the people that "race" is parts... That has its own problems (see #1) so you increase sales minimally from that... Now lets talk about the higher dollar stuff. To compete well with Internet, you have to price yourself in line with it. That's 10-15% at best profit. Then you have to deal with the people on line number one that will tell a new prospect to go online to buy a new car. ANY retail business needs at least 25% profit just to break even on overhead. High dollar RC car stuff just is not priced in that range.. Even the MAP stuff. Especially the MAP priced stuff!

I could go on and on... I think I might have made a decent point. :)
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

ca-rj wrote:Adding more fuel to the fire, this guy is building a full size RC10 for Associated (probably for RCX).

That is going to cost a fortune. There is no way they are not making a re-re!
GARBO 1/8