Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RichieRich
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action

Post by RichieRich »

scr8p wrote:i would say we'll know in........

http://www.rcx.com
Good point. I'll be there on Sat. I'm sure some of the rest of you guys will be too.

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Awww...why can't there be a show like this in Canada?
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

trkneller
Approved Member

Post by trkneller »

Well, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking of what Farmer reported from RCX last year:

"So before I get started, let me recap yes as stated on my other post Lett just told me about a RC10 remake ,so without any further adue let me tell you what he said. When he said remake I looked him straight in the face and said no way you kidding, he said nope, I said I thought all the molds and tooling were gone and he said nope. We have over half of the original tooling and that they were going through them to find out what was still cost effective and useable compared to today’s technology, with CNC machines and injection molding and what not! and explained that the old parts where machined and hand trimmed and finished and were clunky and didn’t fit the best and that they are trying to get that same type of fill for the kit and parts, with the modern day fabrication process, like square sanded corners, rough shock towers etc, etc than he said that they were also working on a way that every new part would have a irreversible marking that would make it unique to the reissue kit. What did I just hear did I really just hear this rite from Mr. VP Cliff Letts mouth, yes I did! "
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=26724&p=271076&hilit=farmer+cliff+lett+rc10#p271076

Here's to hoping!!

RJK33
Approved Member

Post by RJK33 »

8)
Kooz

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Well, I hope I get to eat my words... But I still don't see it happening.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

I just hope I didn't surf through 7 pages of bla, bla, bla just for a cruel joke.... :roll:
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

terry.sc wrote:I'm more inclined to think this as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a picture of a B2 in next months issue, then B3, B4.Terry.sc.
Nice thought. A genius ad if it is a hint at a new celebration 30th anniversary car B5 They can pay for two pages pretty easilly when they didn't have to dishout anything for photography or production. Maybe the graphite add next month, the CE to follow? They can really drag this out pretty long with various ads if Terry happens to be correct.
Diggley wrote:I just hope I didn't surf through 7 pages of bla, bla, bla just for a cruel joke.... :roll:
:lol: Some of us remember over on Tamiya Club, I think there were like 20 pages "it'll never happen"..."wouldn't it be cool though"..."I translated this one page and it said..." "I hope not, I got my kids college fund invested in NIB Sand Scorchers.." WAY before the Buggy Champ had any chance of showing. Big differnce between Associated and Tamiya though. I agree with those above. 5.0 likely comes after 4.2. The AE product development and business model probably doesn't fit a 30 year old re re too well.
- Brian -

My Gallery

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I'd be excited if it did, but still displeased if it came before a new each buggy.

Agreed, that ad campaign would be epic!

Scott S.
Approved Member

Post by Scott S. »

You guys are funny!!! The only "Tub" chassis's left in that building are owned by 1 person, and they wont be going anywhere anytime soon. I tried to talk him out of 1 last time I was there in January. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Many of the old molds are long gone.
* Team Associated * Reedy * LRP * Proline * Avid * Byrons Fuel * TFR *

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

speaking of b5 id really like to see a b5/t5/sc10.2 with alot of the same parts ,but a chassis set up for mid motor option. then id like to see thunder tiger drop the b3/t3 stuff and just carry b4.2/t4.2/sc10rs..now im just going to piss off everyone and say it.. id like to see a rtr brushless 2.4 (4 cell ) radio rere rc10 that looks just like the box art. sad part is i dont see any of this in our future.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

i want a carbon fibre b5, all new, mid or rear options, adj rake/caster, ball stud ontop of the c hubs, and make it super low profile.
the stealth can stay of course, no need to mess with perfection, just include a 4 gear gearcase.
the less molded plastic the better. i want it to shine!

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

kaiser wrote:i want a carbon fibre b5, all new, mid or rear options, adj rake/caster, ball stud ontop of the c hubs, and make it super low profile.
the stealth can stay of course, no need to mess with perfection, just include a 4 gear gearcase.
the less molded plastic the better. i want it to shine!
no need to mess with perfection
thats my thoughts too .. alot of people think everyone else got a new car out so should ae. thats a stupid way to think. if its winning thats all that matters. id want a rc that uses about 90% of what ae already has . the best part about this idea is people that already have say a t4.2 can buy a few parts and make it a t5.

noony
Approved Member

Post by noony »

I'm thinking an aluminum chassis b5 8)

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

noony wrote:I'm thinking an aluminum chassis b5 8)
Gold with white suspension parts.

What's New Is Old.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Aluminum is making a come back!!