Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

hawgfanman
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action

Post by hawgfanman »

longboardnj wrote:
hawgfanman wrote:I would be all over a $350 re-release. It would be awesome to build a new one from the box again!
this is a problem with the hobby. people pay crazy prices so the company making the product make prices even higher .
$350 wouldn't really be that far out of line with current prices. B4.2's are selling for $279 - $299. I don't think it's that big of price jump for such a huge piece of nostalgia.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

hawgfanman wrote:
longboardnj wrote:
hawgfanman wrote:I would be all over a $350 re-release. It would be awesome to build a new one from the box again!
this is a problem with the hobby. people pay crazy prices so the company making the product make prices even higher .
$350 wouldn't really be that far out of line with current prices. B4.2's are selling for $279 - $299. I don't think it's that big of price jump for such a huge piece of nostalgia.
stop thats what they want you to think. over priced b4.2 does not make it a good deal. b4.1worlds is going for $239 and the b4.1rtr is $245 .. $350 is more then 2x the price of rc10s back in the day. and think about this the b4.1 rtr is 1/2 the price you would pay to make a old rc10 compete like a b4. i dont mean to be a wise guy but the prices on stuff is getting out of control. hobby stores are telling people they need to spend the high $$ to get stuff to work. a buddy of mine is really into fine tuning rcs (not my thing). he fine tunes his stuff and spends 1/3 the people at the track spend on rcs. sorry its almost like i get scared that ae will see that your ok with spending $350 and they will make that the price.. :lol:

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

longboardnj wrote:$350 is more then 2x the price of rc10s back in the day.
?? Did you buy an RC10 in the 80s? Mine was $225 for the 6010 kit. I ended up spending $100 for a Futaba MC8 esc, about $130 for a Magnum radio, and another $60+ for bearings. That's $515 for a stock racer... in 1985-6 dollars. Which according to http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ is $1,114.11.
Just the $225 kit would compare to $486.75 now.

I would pay $350 for a re-re and be happy. :wink:

EDIT: Just as an aside... I don't think it will ever happen. :cry:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

proffesso
Approved Member

Post by proffesso »

doubt i'd buy one if re-re'd. I dunno, im just not a fan of this whole re-re stuff. half the fun for me is obtaining and restoring...you dont see car companies re-releasing thier old stuff (yes I know, many rules and regs nowadays wouldnt allow it anyway)...newer models that are an homage to older stuff (Fiat 500 for instance) are great, but straight re-re is just cheap and spoils the experience.

now, if a B5 was styled / colored / gold chassis like the old car, that would be very cool. very fiat 500-esque. be nice if associated released a few new chassis in the old Neons as well....but a straight re-re....no thanks.
I'm a retro radio control hipster - I only like the stuff no one bought!

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
markbt73 wrote:There isn't much "hobby" left in this hobby; i'd like to see a nice challenging new kit.

This is why I dislike traxxas products so much, they started this fad...or rather, changed the landscape-
You obviously have never worked on a Slash... Dood, to rebuild the diff, you have to make the car into kit form to get it out. So, they built the car for you knowing that you would have to take it all apart on your first maintenance, LOL.

Yes... Sadly, I owned a slash when the Short Course class first started. :shock: I owned it all the way up to just after the first time I had to rebuild the diff. :lol: :lol:
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

civilguy wrote:
longboardnj wrote:$350 is more then 2x the price of rc10s back in the day.
?? Did you buy an RC10 in the 80s? Mine was $225 for the 6010 kit. I ended up spending $100 for a Futaba MC8 esc, about $130 for a Magnum radio, and another $60+ for bearings. That's $515 for a stock racer... in 1985-6 dollars. Which according to http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ is $1,114.11.
Just the $225 kit would compare to $486.75 now.

I would pay $350 for a re-re and be happy. :wink:

EDIT: Just as an aside... I don't think it will ever happen. :cry:
i think the infation rate stuff is bull ,at that rate b4.1rtr should be $1200.just cause we got ripped off in the 80s does that mean we should get ripped off now? i think my rc10 was like $169 back in the day i dont think the rere will happen but its fun to have a civilized debate . where were all you guys willing to pay and be happy when i was trying to sell real cars at a car dealership :lol: :lol:

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Ya... I think, no... I'm sure the first car I spent more than 2 bones for was a XXX when it first came out. I don't ever remember paying over $200 for an RC10... back then that is. Now these days, I have spent over 2 bones for a few. :mrgreen:
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
My feedback

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

I think the trend of inflation to the product we love to spend money on has been fairly reasonable over the years and I know for a fact that hobby shops don't make squat on kits or RTR's. Not these days anyway.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
My feedback

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Orange wrote:I think the trend of inflation to the product we love to spend money on has been fairly reasonable over the years and I know for a fact that hobby shops don't make squat on kits or RTR's. Not these days anyway.
no one makes any money on anything anymore.. as far as inflation this hobby has been great!! the reason im so into rc today is cause $400 gets you a $1200+ setup from back in the day. imagine its 1985 and your running your frog that you think is fast cause it has a lemans motor.. next thing you know someone shows up with a t4 running a 5700 brushless motor with a lipo pack . the radio( that only takes 4 batteries) and truck has no antenna yet you can drive the rc as far as the eye can see. then after your 5 minute run time 1200 nicad is done you can watch the t4 hit 50mph for 30 minutes. lets not forget the waterproof fun factor too. in 1985 all that would totally blow your mind.. kids today have the best electronic toys

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

So I think this is just promotional to a new car kit coming... Maybe it will have gold parts on it? :mrgreen:
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
My feedback

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

Orange wrote:So I think this is just promotional to a new car kit coming... Maybe it will have gold parts on it? :mrgreen:
i hope it's a b5. i'm running the atomik this season because i didn't want another b4.

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Orange wrote:So I think this is just promotional to a new car kit coming... Maybe it will have gold parts on it? :mrgreen:
I'm more inclined to think this as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a picture of a B2 in next months issue, then B3, B4.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i would say we'll know in........

http://www.rcx.com

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Hmmm... if it wasn't a worlds year I would agree with you. But the new car won't be "Known" for sure till then me thinks. There was a bigger Hobby show last weekend in Vegas and if they were going to give a sneak peak of anything, it would have been that show over RCX.
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
My feedback

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

A 1994 World's was over $300. Since then inflation, material costs, everything has gone ballistic. Anything under $400 is cheap.
GARBO 1/8